Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 108

post #1606 of 2550

I keep it simple. either earphones sound great; or they sound good, or they sound like hot garbage!    The H-200 belongs in the "sound great category!" Okay, now carry on  with the nitpicking. 

post #1607 of 2550

I knew it! My hearing is not bad after all. There is a peak and a dip!

post #1608 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

I knew it! My hearing is not bad after all. There is a peak and a dip!

^ Did somebody say dip?!!!

... courtesy of Danny. So don't judge me cuz of this. redface.gif

 

edit. Welp we ALL try to be perfectionist when it comes to audio listening and that is the reason why we are on head-fi, so i guess it is constructive to point out these "flaws" and even nitpick about them. But like anything man-made or otherwise, nothing is perfect hence it makes sense to address the imperfections of these H-200s in order to get them to near perfection as possible. I don't have a dog in this, cuz i literally don't own them and don't care much about them tbh, just wanted to add my 2 cents since there seems to be some bad blood that has been carried over from other threads/ confrontations. haha On that note, FIGHT!!! popcorn.gif


Edited by sfwalcer - 7/8/13 at 5:31pm
post #1609 of 2550

So after reading Rin's review, I was a bit baffled because his conclusions contradict my preference in tip selection and method of insertion. I've been using the translucent medium sized tips because the result is a much wider soundstage compared to the black tips. (Side note: I do know that with the black tips the sound was a bit cleaner but I associated it to the narrow soundstage. Based on Rin's review, it could very well be the result of better control in the highs.) As for the shallow insertion, that just didn't work for me. Personally, I prefer shallow insertion of IEMs because I have really small ear canals. Unfortunately, the H200 poses a problem for me if I do shallow insertion since I could never get a good seal. I partly blame this to the shape of the IEMs and of course, my small ears. With seal issues due to shallow insertion, sibilance is more enhance on my end. Since then, I've followed the deep insertion method when using the H200 because doing so provides me with a perfect seal plus sibilance is greatly minimised and was only bothersome in a few songs within my playlist. Prior to the H200, my main IEM is the XBA3 and I can say with great confidence that the H200 is far tamer in the highs compared to the XBA3.

 

After a couple of hours trying to emulate what Rin did, I've gone through all the different H200 stock tips including the red foams. I can confirm that the black tips do really even out the highs a bit compared to the translucent tips. But I just couldn't get a good seal from shallow insertion with those tips. Heaps of trial and error on tip rolling, I ended up with the Comply Tsx200 tips and voila! The highs are a lot cleaner and smoother than I expected. With the comply tips, I can now do shallow insertion without sacrificing a good seal PLUS there is a thin filter at the opening which may also serve as an acoustic damper AND keeps dirt away from the IEM's nozzle. So if you guys have the Tsx200 comply tips, give them a shot! They just might be the right tips to get the best performance out of your H200.

 

 


Edited by d marc0 - 7/8/13 at 5:36pm
post #1610 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

After a couple of hours trying to emulate what Rin did, I've gone through all the different H200 stock tips including the red foams. I can confirm that the black tips do really even out the highs a bit compared to the translucent tips. But I just couldn't get a good seal from shallow insertion with those tips. Heaps of trial and error on tip rolling, I ended up with the Comply Tsx200 tips and voila! The highs are a lot cleaner and smoother than I expected. With the comply tips, I can now do shallow insertion without sacrificing a good seal PLUS there is a thin filter at the opening which may also serve as an acoustic damper AND keeps dirt away from the IEM's nozzle. So if you guys have the Tsx200 comply tips, give them a shot! They just might be the right tips to get the best performance out of your H200.

 

 

Interesting! I am quite happy with the large MH1C tips on my H-200, but I will keep those Tsx200 tips in mind. Thanks!

post #1611 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Interesting! I am quite happy with the large MH1C tips on my H-200, but I will keep those Tsx200 tips in mind. Thanks!

I was actually happy with the clear stock tips (i didn't hear much sibilance, really minor IMO) but after reading Rin's review, it just bothers me knowing my h200s could still sound better! It's the OCD in me i guess... I still miss the massive soundstage from the clear stock tips tho...
Edited by d marc0 - 7/8/13 at 6:28pm
post #1612 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


I was actually happy with the clear stock tips (i didn't hear much sibilance, really minor IMO) but after reading Rin's review, it just bothers me knowing my h200s could still sound better! It's the OCD in me i guess... I still miss the massive soundstage from the clear stock tips tho...

 

Just get the CKS1000's for that... they are even Inks approved!  evil_smiley.gif ph34r.gif 

post #1613 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Just get the CKS1000's for that... they are even Inks approved!  evil_smiley.gif ph34r.gif 


^

beerchug.gif

post #1614 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Just get the CKS1000's for that... they are even Inks approved!  evil_smiley.gif
 ph34r.gif
 

I know! But the Bassos are keeping me content at the moment. But I do have the CKS1000 on my sights; especially now that i'm thinking of gifting the Bassos to my old man for his bday.
post #1615 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post


I know! But the Bassos are keeping me content at the moment. But I do have the CKS1000 on my sights; especially now that i'm thinking of gifting the Bassos to my old man for his bday.

 

Hmm, they are down to $132 US again on amazon japan...

post #1616 of 2550

Good upgrade over the GR07 BE's or not?
Getting more and more in EDM and hip hop too! Do these IEM's suit those genres?

I'm really just looking for a wear down option for an IEM, I kind of hate the over ear configuration (especially on GR07). 

post #1617 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by nehcrow View Post

Good upgrade over the GR07 BE's or not?
Getting more and more in EDM and hip hop too! Do these IEM's suit those genres?

I'm really just looking for a wear down option for an IEM, I kind of hate the over ear configuration (especially on GR07). 


Why some would even say the ATH CKS1000s are a perfect side grade to the gr07 BEs esp. if you are starting to get more into hip hop. I have heard both and the ATH CKS1000s are like the gr07 BEs on steroids. But the gr07 BEs still is technically more refined and "audiophile" approved. Lets just say the 1Ks is a even more "fun" version of the gr07 BEs with wider soundstage and better spacious layering.

post #1618 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ WOW!!! THANKS A TON MENG.

 

 

 

So in a nutshell the two most glaring faults on these H-200s is that upper treble can be a bit harsh due to their metallic tinge similar to the issue of the Sony XBA3s. And that some instruments might not sound the most natural/ life-like due to the recessed snap on the 6 kHz region???

 

Besides that these seem like they are awesome sounding overall.

 

No problem :D  Glad you understood it.  And yes, you got the issues that come with the H-200, not that it makes it a bad IEM by any means.  The snap isn't recessed, maybe with Rins adjustments (using electric and acoustic impedance to tame the dip), it may end up that way.  However, on its own, it's not recessed, just doesn't decay as slow as it should. 

 

But, you got the idea :D 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

In actual usage experience, I don't find the 6.5k dip too troublesome.  The metallic tint is quite noticeable.  However some might actually like them on violins or brass instruments as depending on the type of music and can even be regarded as having a fun character.  It is more troublesome on windwood as it would sound artificial.  Overall I like the H-200 more for EDM than acoustic/classical music.  With studio recorded/mixed stuff tho, it is an immensely fun and largely accurate sounding IEM.

 

YMMV 

 

The dip isn't too troublesome, but is there if you are one that's nitpicky.  The metallic tinge is the more audible issue. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I keep it simple. either earphones sound great; or they sound good, or they sound like hot garbage!    The H-200 belongs in the "sound great category!" Okay, now carry on  with the nitpicking. 

 

They do sound great...  No arguments there.  With Rin, there is no good, it's only great or garbage IMO XD

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

I knew it! My hearing is not bad after all. There is a peak and a dip!

 

I've mentioned the dip and the peak a few times actually...  XD  My measurements even showed this...  The peak and dip have been confirmed twice after seeing the original measurements for it ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

So after reading Rin's review, I was a bit baffled because his conclusions contradict my preference in tip selection and method of insertion. I've been using the translucent medium sized tips because the result is a much wider soundstage compared to the black tips. (Side note: I do know that with the black tips the sound was a bit cleaner but I associated it to the narrow soundstage. Based on Rin's review, it could very well be the result of better control in the highs.) As for the shallow insertion, that just didn't work for me. Personally, I prefer shallow insertion of IEMs because I have really small ear canals. Unfortunately, the H200 poses a problem for me if I do shallow insertion since I could never get a good seal. I partly blame this to the shape of the IEMs and of course, my small ears. With seal issues due to shallow insertion, sibilance is more enhance on my end. Since then, I've followed the deep insertion method when using the H200 because doing so provides me with a perfect seal plus sibilance is greatly minimised and was only bothersome in a few songs within my playlist. Prior to the H200, my main IEM is the XBA3 and I can say with great confidence that the H200 is far tamer in the highs compared to the XBA3.

 

After a couple of hours trying to emulate what Rin did, I've gone through all the different H200 stock tips including the red foams. I can confirm that the black tips do really even out the highs a bit compared to the translucent tips. But I just couldn't get a good seal from shallow insertion with those tips. Heaps of trial and error on tip rolling, I ended up with the Comply Tsx200 tips and voila! The highs are a lot cleaner and smoother than I expected. With the comply tips, I can now do shallow insertion without sacrificing a good seal PLUS there is a thin filter at the opening which may also serve as an acoustic damper AND keeps dirt away from the IEM's nozzle. So if you guys have the Tsx200 comply tips, give them a shot! They just might be the right tips to get the best performance out of your H200.

 

 

 

One issue that Rin does have with insertion depth is that the effects may or may not correspond to every person.  Simply because the selection of tips that seal well with each persons' ear canal will differ. 


Edited by tinyman392 - 7/8/13 at 9:32pm
post #1619 of 2550
Shallow insetion, short black tips, 33ohm all help. Using foam plugs is too much damping though, will have disagree with Rin and perhaps go with double hankerchiefs when I get these
post #1620 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

So after reading Rin's review, I was a bit baffled because his conclusions contradict my preference in tip selection and method of insertion. I've been using the translucent medium sized tips because the result is a much wider soundstage compared to the black tips. (Side note: I do know that with the black tips the sound was a bit cleaner but I associated it to the narrow soundstage. Based on Rin's review, it could very well be the result of better control in the highs.) As for the shallow insertion, that just didn't work for me. Personally, I prefer shallow insertion of IEMs because I have really small ear canals. Unfortunately, the H200 poses a problem for me if I do shallow insertion since I could never get a good seal. I partly blame this to the shape of the IEMs and of course, my small ears. With seal issues due to shallow insertion, sibilance is more enhance on my end. Since then, I've followed the deep insertion method when using the H200 because doing so provides me with a perfect seal plus sibilance is greatly minimised and was only bothersome in a few songs within my playlist. Prior to the H200, my main IEM is the XBA3 and I can say with great confidence that the H200 is far tamer in the highs compared to the XBA3.

 

After a couple of hours trying to emulate what Rin did, I've gone through all the different H200 stock tips including the red foams. I can confirm that the black tips do really even out the highs a bit compared to the translucent tips. But I just couldn't get a good seal from shallow insertion with those tips. Heaps of trial and error on tip rolling, I ended up with the Comply Tsx200 tips and voila! The highs are a lot cleaner and smoother than I expected. With the comply tips, I can now do shallow insertion without sacrificing a good seal PLUS there is a thin filter at the opening which may also serve as an acoustic damper AND keeps dirt away from the IEM's nozzle. So if you guys have the Tsx200 comply tips, give them a shot! They just might be the right tips to get the best performance out of your H200.

 

 

 

The Tsx Comply series tips are excellent. Pricey but shorter than normal foam tips and hold the H200 in better than anything else.

 

Edit: Never experienced any damping though with the H200, MTPC and Stage diver 3 which is good as they shouldn`t alter the sound to that degree.


Edited by Sinth - 7/9/13 at 2:00am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread