Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 105

post #1561 of 2550
Tinyman: Just out of interest, what is your preferred signature? I heard you were a fan of ASG-1? (if I remember rightly)

Do you lean towards warmth and darker signatures, or cooler transparent sigs?
post #1562 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Tinyman: Just out of interest, what is your preferred signature? I heard you were a fan of ASG-1? (if I remember rightly)

Do you lean towards warmth and darker signatures, or cooler transparent sigs?

 

I like a lot of IEMs my friend XD  They range out of many signatures.  My preferred one is actually extremely close to the OW curve, neutral with a touch of warmth.  Slightly less warm than the RE-400 (clarify the RE-400 would fit it if it had a little more treble in the 3-4 kHz).  The H-200 actually does fit close to my preferred signature. 

post #1563 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

I like a lot of IEMs my friend XD  They range out of many signatures.  My preferred one is actually extremely close to the OW curve, neutral with a touch of warmth.  Slightly less warm than the RE-400 (clarify the RE-400 would fit it if it had a little more treble in the 3-4 kHz).  The H-200 actually does fit close to my preferred signature. 

Ok great, thanks. I think W3 is about warm as I would go, ASG-1 v1.2 was to dark for my personal tastes. ER4S would be almost spot on from a tonality perspective, along side IEM's like DBA-02. So I already lean towards cold.

When you guys get these SPC cables have a listen, see if you can sense any gain in smoothness around those upper mids, personally I did experience a change with my mine. If it wasn't for me being addticed to ER4S / Studio V so much recently my H-200 would be getting a lot more use, however they stay glued to my Cowon J3 (set flat) and offer a pretty fun listening session when the time suits!
post #1564 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Ok great, thanks. I think W3 is about warm as I would go, ASG-1 v1.2 was to dark for my personal tastes. ER4S would be almost spot on from a tonality perspective, along side IEM's like DBA-02. So I already lean towards cold.

When you guys get these SPC cables have a listen, see if you can sense any gain in smoothness around those upper mids, personally I did experience a change with my mine. If it wasn't for me being addticed to ER4S / Studio V so much recently my H-200 would be getting a lot more use, however they stay glued to my Cowon J3 (set flat) and offer a pretty fun listening session when the time suits!

 

Isn't the W3 v-shaped (haven't heard it, graphically looks that way though).  I didn't fancy the ASG-1 (1.2 too much).  The 1.3 rids a bit of the dark nature of the bass.  Treble issues still come up, it'd take a while for my brain to re-adjust to it after listening to the H-200, Etymotic HF2 (just got them back today), UE 900 (not the most treble heavy), and RE-400 though XD 

 

I actually haven't heard the ER4, I want to, may try to in the future.  The HF2 is very tonally neutral, which makes for a good reference phone.  Definitely one of my favorites, bass presence can have issues with it though :(  B2 I actually felt had better bass presence than the HF2, in many ways, the treble was very strong though. 

post #1565 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Isn't the W3 v-shaped (haven't heard it, graphically looks that way though).  I didn't fancy the ASG-1 (1.2 too much).  The 1.3 rids a bit of the dark nature of the bass.  Treble issues still come up, it'd take a while for my brain to re-adjust to it after listening to the H-200, Etymotic HF2 (just got them back today), UE 900 (not the most treble heavy), and RE-400 though XD 

I actually haven't heard the ER4, I want to, may try to in the future.  The HF2 is very tonally neutral, which makes for a good reference phone.  Definitely one of my favorites, bass presence can have issues with it though frown.gif  B2 I actually felt had better bass presence than the HF2, in many ways, the treble was very strong though. 

Westone 3 I found rather mid bass heavy to much for my preferences, wasn't clean bass either, rather bloated and a touch loose, I'd take H-200's bass texture and clarity in a spilt second over W3, also that renowned viel some people mention with Westone sereies was effecting me around the mid range. As yourself it would take some time adjusting if I'd come from something cooler. W3 was ok though apart from what I mentioned it does have it's up sides such a wonderful thick vocals, and rather large headstage, enough that I bought the loaner unit from it's owner but was short lived. tongue.gif

I think out of W3, SM3 v2, ASG-1 v1.2, TF10, GR07 MK2. I would pick up H-200 pretty much everytime.
post #1566 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Westone 3 I found rather mid bass heavy to much for my preferences, wasn't clean bass either, rather bloated and a touch loose, I'd take H-200's bass texture and clarity in a spilt second over W3, also that renowned viel some people mention with Westone sereies was effecting me around the mid range. As yourself it would take some time adjusting if I'd come from something cooler. W3 was ok though apart from what I mentioned it does have it's up sides such a wonderful thick vocals, and rather large headstage, enough that I bought the loaner unit from it's owner but was short lived. tongue.gif

I think out of W3, SM3 v2, ASG-1 v1.2, TF10, GR07 MK2. I would pick up H-200 pretty much everytime.

 

I actually think the H-200 is up there, pretty high SQ-wise.  What really did surprise me was how clean the IEM sounded.  It measures like something that would be bloated and looser, but doesn't sound anywhere close to that.  I heard a few people didn't find a certain spike in the W3 pleasant XD  The ASG-1 (rev 1.2) had vocals that were way too lush and thick for me, the 1.3 fixed that (thank god ;)).  The GR07 is another IEM haven't heard, but always wanted to.  Had trouble contacting VSonic about it.  TF10 looked like an interesting IEM, but it was a bit old when I got into this hobby XD  I hear its similar to the SuperDart (not a bad IEM, thicker than I'd like though) :p 

 

Right now, the three IEMs I reach for the most are the Etymotic HF2, UE 900, and the T-Peos H-200.  Each flavor the music slightly different, each have 1 thing that drives me nuts about them (that the others do right) XD 

post #1567 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

Thought I'd pop in to say I don't experience any driver flexing, whatsoever in my pair of H-200's. 

 

And as of the deeper insertion thing...man...how many ways can one insert their IEMs? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

Shallow and as deep as you can get...  Shallow tends to be more comfortable for many.  Deep is to the reference plane.  So basically, no deep inserted seal means bigger 10 kHz spike = more sibilance. 

 

Yup! I've confirmed that by trying out meelec bi-flanges on the H200 and no matter how deep I insert them, sibilance was an issue.

I used to just aim for a proper seal with the stock tips but after trying a deep insertion method, the sound signature is a bit more balanced to my ears. I also hear less of the metallic/grainy tinge which is always an issue with badly recorded pop/rock music.

post #1568 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

 




Yup! I've confirmed that by trying out meelec bi-flanges on the H200 and no matter how deep I insert them, sibilance was an issue.
I used to just aim for a proper seal with the stock tips but after trying a deep insertion method, the sound signature is a bit more balanced to my ears. I also hear less of the metallic/grainy tinge which is always an issue with badly recorded pop/rock music.

Thanks for subjectively confirming my results.
post #1569 of 2550

Fwiw, the large black tips seem to increase the bass quite a bit and fatigue my ears after a while.

 

The large grey tips are comfortable and the bass is well controlled, but also seem to be slightly leaning towards sibilance (at times).

 

I found some foam tips I purchase off of ebay, and in another thread I was led to this innerfidelity video which shows how to properly insert comply/foam tips (you learn something every day!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zc5meSooI

 

Anyway, the foam tips sounded good as well - similar to the grey tips.

 

What I am trying right now though are the MH1C large tips. The bass amount seems to be somewhere in between the h200 black and grey tips - a nice amount and pretty well controlled, and the treble is sounding good to me. I'm liking them a lot!

 

Has anyone else tried them?

 

Edit: I'm really enjoying the H-200's with the large MH1C tips. Which I find a bit surprising because whenever I have tried those tips with other iems, I found the bass to then get boosted and bloated too much. But I really like what they are doing with the H-200's smile.gif (subject to change within the next half an hour of course!)


Edited by waynes world - 7/7/13 at 4:41pm
post #1570 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

After trying several options I've lost the stock supplied H-200 tips and gone for these Vmoda tips. I think the stock tips have to narrow bore using a larger bore helps open the presentation for me, lets the BA's breath a little. I must add comfort (for me) was rather pleasing. Make sure you lift your ear in insertion to seat these properly. Good quality silicon too, none of the cheap itchy rubber. I like the clear ones personally.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10-V-Moda-Earphones-Replacement-EarBuds-Tips-Gels-Sleeves-Plugs-Cushions-Pads-/220853034652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var&hash=item336bddde9c&_uhb=1

 

Still using those Vmoda tips? Thanks for supplying the link btw.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

When you guys get these SPC cables have a listen, see if you can sense any gain in smoothness around those upper mids, personally I did experience a change with my mine. If it wasn't for me being addticed to ER4S / Studio V so much recently my H-200 would be getting a lot more use, however they stay glued to my Cowon J3 (set flat) and offer a pretty fun listening session when the time suits!

 

Still happy with the cable? 

post #1571 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Still using those Vmoda tips? Thanks for supplying the link btw.


Still happy with the cable? 

Yes, I'm still using the Vmoda tips which seem to suit well and the cable 100% is making the difference to me (make sure you get one). I have been using another tip recently which Rhapsodio supply with their RDB+ v1 however I'm finding very difficult to obtain anymore, I shall post a picture to see if anyone can identify them. I love my H-200's, they're pretty damn cool.


Also: Take note of the serial number: 0002 wink_face.gif






How are you enjoying your H-200 Wayne, living up to your expectations? I have been using mine with Rocco BA recently, becoming pretty popular pairing for me.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/7/13 at 7:35pm
post #1572 of 2550

^ Loving them! Firstly, the red cable rocks! Actually for some reason, I just like it. But I'm stoked that I have the ability to spend more money and try other cables with it lol. Secondly, I really love the form factor and build quality of the drivers. I think they look quite cool, and I personally find them to be relatively small and light - they are great mobile iem's for me. Also, they fit well and stay in well, so that's all better than I was anticipating.

 

As far as the SQ is concerned, they are amazing. I find that it is important to get a good tip and seal combo with the h-200's, and so far for me it is the large mh1c tips - the sound really comes alive. Any hint of sibilance that I am sensitive to is eradicated. I find that they have a somewhat forward, intimate, balanced and full sound. The bass is perfect for me and well controlled. The mids are beautiful. And the treble has a wonderful amount of detail and extension. Basically, they sound magical.

 

So like I said, I'm loving them. And if they can get any better (via further burn in, better cables etc), then that is just icing on the cake!

beerchug.gif

post #1573 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

^ Loving them! Firstly, the red cable rocks! Actually for some reason, I just like it. But I'm stoked that I have the ability to spend more money and try other cables with it lol. Secondly, I really love the form factor and build quality of the drivers. I think they look quite cool, and I personally find them to be relatively small and light - they are great mobile iem's for me. Also, they fit well and stay in well, so that's all better than I was anticipating.

As far as the SQ is concerned, they are amazing. I find that it is important to get a good tip and seal combo with the h-200's, and so far for me it is the large mh1c tips - the sound really comes alive. Any hint of sibilance that I am sensitive to is eradicated. I find that they have a somewhat forward, intimate, balanced and full sound. The bass is perfect for me and well controlled. The mids are beautiful. And the treble has a wonderful amount of detail and extension. Basically, they sound magical.

So like I said, I'm loving them. And if they can get any better (via further burn in, better cables etc), then that is just icing on the cake!
beerchug.gif

Excellent, they should keep you pleased for sometime, I think yourself using C&C BH amp is certainly helping them along nicely. You would have a neat little rig with the Clip+ / BH, if you're interested I know of a nice pure silver cable (about $30) which should help tweak that rig even further. What you need is the SPC H-200 cable and the Pure silver interconnect which lifts the tonality up towards cool and extracts the most detail, also the IEM cable / interconnect will give you that extra stage width you're looking for.

Here is the cable for your viewing pleasure: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281095249504?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

He seems to have sold out though contacting him you could possibly order if you ever become interested. I A/B'd that interconnect with Cryo Pure silver cable from another company and much preferred the one above from onest11.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 7/7/13 at 10:31pm
post #1574 of 2550

I should have taken a picture of that silver cable before I sent it off...  It looks beautiful XD 

post #1575 of 2550
Rin analysis coming up to tonight, he has a mod to improve and has things to say about the cables, stay tuned!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread