Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 96

post #1426 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post




Stock tips. I should clarify not grey but the translucent white that came attached.

They looked grey to me :s

post #1427 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

They looked grey to me :s

Yup I know what you're talking about. Just to let G know.....

This:
post #1428 of 2550

kkcc, thanks i know and i use white (grey :-) tips too.

post #1429 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

kkcc, thanks i know and i use white (grey :-) tips too.

 

which cable do you prefer? black or red? I'm still deciding if I should balance the red one for my 901...

post #1430 of 2550

red cable no doubt. i wish black cable would be better since quality make and bending is so much better with black.

but sonically i find red cable more transparent and aiding better sound dynamic.

 

what i dislike about red cable is plastic rubber material which makes bending cable and packing into case or box a headache, it's like fighting with a snake who does not want go into a sack :-(

 

BUT, perhaps you better wait for the upgrade cable TPeos will start selling in July for which balancing makes more sense IMHO.


Edited by Gintaras - 6/28/13 at 5:32am
post #1431 of 2550

Anybody else feels like the earphones don't give the "seal feel"? Kinda like what I experienced with GR07

post #1432 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Anybody else feels like the earphones don't give the "seal feel"? Kinda like what I experienced with GR07

 

Yes... many had find the fit awkward and even a deal breaker.  Personally I'm okay and even like the resulting airy feeling. 

post #1433 of 2550

I have slight fit problems with the GR07 too, but not the H-200. They don't go really deep because of the large housings, but I don't feel any lack of seal - it could be something one imagines due to the relative shallowness (I've sometimes had that with other phones). 

post #1434 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

By any stroke of luck, has anyone heard both the SM3 without filters and the H200? If so I'm curious how they compare :-)

Only SM3 v2 with filters and not at the same time.

I can tell you H-200 will sound slightly crisper, cooler in tonality, certainly not as thick or creamy as SM3 v2 is around the mid range leaning more towards transparency, not quite as in your face either as the SM3 was to my ears, more air and separation. Anything I say about SM3 v2 would be with filters and going off a vague memory though. Some say H-200 sounds nothing like TF10, however I lean towards saying I think members who came from TF10 would most likely be pleased with H-200. (don't think V shape though) Most who own the T-Peos have all left TF10 behind and being a fan yourself besides the fit H-200 might be one to keep reading up on for you.
post #1435 of 2550

fit and seal very much depend, i found no issues so far but as mentioned here before for some people this became a deal stopper.

i use grey semi-transparent tips and find good seal and comfort. however i would not use H200 while jogging, for me they are causal IEMs for pleasure relax time.

post #1436 of 2550

Interesting...they are now officially on the short list. I will keep reading to learn more about their mids...how would  you describe them? You say its not v-shaped; where are the mids relative to the rest of the spectrum in terms of emphasis? How are vocals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Only SM3 v2 with filters and not at the same time.

I can tell you H-200 will sound slightly crisper, cooler in tonality, certainly not as thick or creamy as SM3 v2 is around the mid range leaning more towards transparency, not quite as in your face either as the SM3 was to my ears, more air and separation. Anything I say about SM3 v2 would be with filters and going off a vague memory though. Some say H-200 sounds nothing like TF10, however I lean towards saying I think members who came from TF10 would most likely be pleased with H-200. (don't think V shape though) Most who own the T-Peos have all left TF10 behind and being a fan yourself besides the fit H-200 might be one to keep reading up on for you.

Edited by Gilly87 - 6/28/13 at 8:28am
post #1437 of 2550
I'm on my phone atm, however, if you search my created threads, I've done a full review on H-200 which will give an idea. Basically I find them balanced, others mid centric, some U shaped, we've got a mixed party going on.
post #1438 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

Interesting...they are now officially on the short list. I will keep reading to learn more about their mids...how would  you describe them? You say its not v-shaped; where are the mids relative to the rest of the spectrum in terms of emphasis? How are vocals?

 

H-200 is a unique entry.  It is fun sounding AND neutral sounding at the same time, if it is possible.  It is a camelion and demonstrate different qualities with different tracks.  For hip hop it will delivery enough bass thump, for dance you will feel it is tight and fast, for vocal it is mid-forward or even some called it shouty... compared to TOTL iems I find many of the same qualities, however where it fall short is it is much less refined nor coherent comparatively.  It is almost like it is deliberately trying to showcase typical qualities head-fiers look for, and it is quite successful in that and thus the fun sounding character I find.  YMMV.

 

  


Edited by kkcc - 6/28/13 at 8:53am
post #1439 of 2550

Has there been a cks1000 vs h-200 comparison?

post #1440 of 2550
^ Love those recent impressions! They sound very promising :-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread