Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 88

post #1306 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Alright. Thanks. Do you know anything along the $300(and below) price range that has similar clarity as H-200 with less bass and more mid/treble?

I disagree with respect to the MDR-7550 and H-200 comparison, as I feel the MDR-7550 is still the more proficient of the two, but to each his own. I have both on hand, but haven't the time on hand to form a comparison.

With regards to your question, the (sadly discontinued) Audeo Phonak PFE 1xx series (with Grey filter) is what you're looking for.
post #1307 of 2584

Yes, I second the PFE recommendation. The RE-400 is also great (and only $99), though it has more mid and slightly less obvious treble.

post #1308 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


I disagree with respect to the MDR-7550 and H-200 comparison, as I feel the MDR-7550 is still the more proficient of the two, but to each his own. I have both on hand, but haven't the time on hand to form a comparison.

With regards to your question, the (sadly discontinued) Audeo Phonak PFE 1xx series (with Grey filter) is what you're looking for.

What do you think about 7550's treble? I'm really tempted to buy them, but only if they have good treble.

post #1309 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

What do you think about 7550's treble? I'm really tempted to buy them, but only if they have good treble.

The MDR-7550's treble is on the softer, laid-back side, and the H-200 has more presence. But, I can't stress this next point enough. The MDR-7550 scales exceptionally well when EQ'ed. I personally apply hardware EQ, through an amplifier (e.g. Headstage Arrow or FiiO E17), but once you EQ their treble, end of story. Owing to their open and expansive presentation, add a bit of air and sparkle into the mix, and the MDR-7550 competes at a new level altogether. Merely my opinion, but the MDR-7550 certainly needs more recognition around here.

Anyways, if you have further questions, we should take this to PM, with respect to the thread and it's readers.
post #1310 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


I disagree with respect to the MDR-7550 and H-200 comparison, as I feel the MDR-7550 is still the more proficient of the two, but to each his own. I have both on hand, but haven't the time on hand to form a comparison.

With regards to your question, the (sadly discontinued) Audeo Phonak PFE 1xx series (with Grey filter) is what you're looking for.

It's fine to disagree. We all hear differently (as I find myself constantly typing here). As you can see from my signature, I've owned and/or heard just about all of the top tier universals that have come out in the last five years or so, so that's my take. The EX600 and EX1000's treble were way too hot for my ears, but the I did like how the treble was dialed back some on the 7550. 

 

And if you search head-fi good, you can probably find a Phonak PFE for $100 or less. It was being sold by one of the companies that is a trade member with this website (I forget which one but do a search). Again, I think the H-200 is much better than the 7550 in sound and comfort. My opinion.

post #1311 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Alright. Thanks. Do you know anything along the $300(and below) price range that has similar clarity as H-200 with less bass and more mid/treble?

 

I would also recommend the BA200, and you can probably find it brand new for $150 (or less). It has less bass than the H-200, great mids and treble energy.

post #1312 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

The treble is not harsh in the H-200. Yes, in some ways the H-200 sounds like a much better BA200 to my ears. I'm just saying those two signatures are closer than anything else I'ver heard to compare the H-200 to. Some say the TF10 compares, but I don't hear that.

Wow I honestly did not see that coming. Thanks Eric.
post #1313 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Again, I think the H-200 is much better than the 7550 in sound and comfort. My opinion.

Indeed, that's where we differ. I definitely can't say the H-200 is "much better" than the MDR-7550, as I feel that's a disservice to just how good of a performer the Sony's are. I'd recommend either one equally so, and let the listener decide which is better suited to his/her liking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I would also recommend the BA200, and you can probably find it brand new for $150 (or less). It has less bass than the H-200, great mids and treble energy.

The BA200 is also a personal favorite of mine, even more so than the TDK IE800 (which I've voiced elsewhere). But, for it to compete with the H-200, much like the Sony's, it too will require an EQ adjustment, as it's bass treble is on the softer, laid-back side of things.

EDIT: meant to say treble, not bass.
Edited by Oof Oink - 6/20/13 at 8:59am
post #1314 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

The BA200 is also a personal favorite of mine, even more so than the TDK IE800 (which I've voiced elsewhere). But, for it to compete with the H-200, much like the Sony's, it too will require an EQ adjustment, as it's bass is on the softer, laid-back side of things.

You have to remember its intended tuning. I think "require" is a bit extreme. More bass could absolutely be too much for some.
post #1315 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

You have to remember its intended tuning. I think "require" is a bit extreme. More bass could absolutely be too much for some.

My post was in response to kimvictor's inquiry (see post 1306 above), to which ericp10 suggested the BA200, which is perfectly fine. Also, kimvictor didn't ask for more bass, he asked for "less bass and more mid/treble." For the BA200/MDR-7550 to offer more treble than the H-200, either one's treble would require an EQ adjustment. Only then would either one meet kimvictor's requirements.

EDIT: just realized my mistake. In the previous post, I meant to say that the treble is on the softer side, not bass. Sorry for the confusion.
Edited by Oof Oink - 6/20/13 at 9:06am
post #1316 of 2584

I sent several emails and have not received any reply .. i know they are selling it for $270, if I send the money they send me the headphones? or I have to buy them elsewhere?

 

i used this email k1880497@gmail.com

post #1317 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

My post was in response to kimvictor's inquiry (see post 1306 above), to which ericp10 suggested the BA200, which is perfectly fine. Also, kimvictor didn't ask for more bass, he asked for "less bass and more mid/treble." For the BA200/MDR-7550 to offer more treble than the H-200, either one's treble would require an EQ adjustment. Only then would either one meet kimvictor's requirements.

EDIT: just realized my mistake. In the previous post, I meant to say that the treble is on the softer side, not bass. Sorry for the confusion.

No probs. Looks like I misunderstood the context so it's confusion all around. smile.gif
post #1318 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

No probs. Looks like I misunderstood the context so it's confusion all around. smile.gif

Sorry to have caused it. tongue.gif
post #1319 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post

Sorry to have caused it. tongue.gif

If anything your further explanation is a benefit. tongue.gif
post #1320 of 2584
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


If anything your further explanation is a benefit. tongue.gif

 

Nope - don't let him off the hook. Oof Oink is a very bad little piggy! wink.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread