Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 75

post #1111 of 2550

Thanks to the generosity of a friend, I will soon have the opportunity to hear the TG334 and compare it to the AS-2 and H-200. Now, I don't really expect the H-200 to compete (not get pushed out of the room), but I do expect the AS-2 to go a few rounds. I will know soon enough.

 

I should add, upon listening further today, I do think the H-200 has better instrument separation than the W4. The H-200's notes are thicker than fuller than the W4 or UE900 I want to make clear that I'm not claiming that the H-200 is at the top of the heap of top tier universals (I still hold to what I stated several years ago that there is no king, but many in the royal family), but I don't consider the H-200 a mid-tier. I think it's the least costly top tier you can purchase right now (base on original MSRP). 

post #1112 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

Thanks to the generosity of a friend, I will soon have the opportunity to hear the TG334 and compare it to the AS-2 and H-200. Now, I don't really expect the H-200 to compete (not get pushed out of the room), but I do expect the AS-2 to go a few rounds. I will know soon enough.

 

I should add, upon listening further today, I do think the H-200 has better instrument separation than the W4. The H-200's notes are thicker than fuller than the W4 or UE900 I want to make clear that I'm not claiming that the H-200 is at the top of the heap of top tier universals (I still hold to what I stated several years ago that there is no king, but many in the royal family), but I don't consider the H-200 a mid-tier. I think it's the least costly top tier you can purchase right now (base on original MSRP). 

 

I used to love the W4 and 10pro but I must say H-200 is better than both despite being priced lower than either.  I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the $200 introductory deal but $250 is still a bargin for these.  

 

I have a feeling T-Peos would soon release a slight tweaked version with some "premium features" like a wood, titanium, or ceramic housing and charging at the $1k level. 

post #1113 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

 

I used to love the W4 and 10pro but I must say H-200 is better than both despite being priced lower than either.  I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the $200 introductory deal but $250 is still a bargin for these.  

 

I have a feeling T-Peos would soon release a slight tweaked version with some "premium features" like a wood, titanium, or ceramic housing and charging at the $1k level. 

 

 

beerchug.gif   lol

post #1114 of 2550

Wonderful synergy between the H-200 and the Fiio E10 DAC/amp (with bass boost on). It sounds like a very high-end hi-fi stereo. Lovely sound!  You have to listen to a song like Smokey Robinson's "You Really Got A Hold On Me!!"

post #1115 of 2550
Currently I enjoy the h200 paired with E11. I also set the bass boost to 1. Very immersive sound for live music like Planetshakers ripped in ALAC format.
http://youtu.be/antqLO0OQ8s
Edited by d marc0 - 6/14/13 at 6:56pm
post #1116 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

 

I used to love the W4 and 10pro but I must say H-200 is better than both despite being priced lower than either.  I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the $200 introductory deal but $250 is still a bargin for these.  

 

I have a feeling T-Peos would soon release a slight tweaked version with some "premium features" like a wood, titanium, or ceramic housing and charging at the $1k level. 

 

More than any change to the materials used, I'd be really excited if T-Peos released an updated version with superior ergonomics.  It's the one thing about them that has me holding off. 

 

To be clear, I'm not saying they've got poor ergonomics, but fit is higher on my priority list than it probably is for most, so it gets added weight in my evaluation and I can be nit-picky as a result. 


I'm curious to see what Rin's tests say about issues around insertion depth, etc.. because I wonder if their design makes them prone to being acoustically different depending on insertion depth. 


Edited by roy_jones - 6/14/13 at 6:58pm
post #1117 of 2550
You can now buy H200 for 185 dollars plus shipping from Korea. Earphoneshop.co.kr confirmed that they will ship internationally for an additional fee. I can help you out if you are stuck because of language barrieral.
post #1118 of 2550
You can now buy H200 for 185 dollars plus shipping from Korea. Earphoneshop.co.kr confirmed that they will ship internationally for an additional fee. I can help you out if you are stuck because of language barrieral.

Edit: typo. Barrier, not barrieral.
Edited by kimvictor - 6/14/13 at 7:02pm
post #1119 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

 

More than any change to the materials used, I'd be really excited if T-Peos released an updated version with superior ergonomics.  It's the one thing about them that has me holding off. 

 

 

Quite comfortable to me once I learned how to place them into my ears (wasn't that complicated). I think a longer (rather than shorter) tip works best with these.

post #1120 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

You can now buy H200 for 185 dollars plus shipping from Korea. Earphoneshop.co.kr confirmed that they will ship internationally for an additional fee. I can help you out if you are stuck because of language barrieral.

Edit: typo. Barrier, not barrieral.

 

Happy day!  I won't be able to jump on this for a little while yet, but hopefully very soon. Thanks a bunch for passing on the info! 

 

Would be annoyed if I'd been one the folks that just missed the introductory offer and bought them at $250+ in the brief window before this info came to light. 

post #1121 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

 

 

Quite comfortable to me once I learned how to place them into my ears (wasn't that complicated). I think a longer (rather than shorter) tip works best with these.

 

I don't think it's a deal-breaker for me, and I definitely recognize I'm a little extreme in how much weight I give to ergonomics in my purchasing decisions with IEM's.  I'm partial to wearing IEM's over my ears and I thought I came across posts earlier in this thread suggesting these were best worn straight down, so that might be part of it. 

post #1122 of 2550

Love it!!

 

 

post #1123 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

You can now buy H200 for 185 dollars plus shipping from Korea. Earphoneshop.co.kr confirmed that they will ship internationally for an additional fee. I can help you out if you are stuck because of language barrieral.

I might be interested in getting these!

 

How much is the shipping from Korea..

post #1124 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

 

I don't think it's a deal-breaker for me, and I definitely recognize I'm a little extreme in how much weight I give to ergonomics in my purchasing decisions with IEM's.  I'm partial to wearing IEM's over my ears and I thought I came across posts earlier in this thread suggesting these were best worn straight down, so that might be part of it. 

 

I understand roy_jones. I also prefer wearing earphones over-ear, but the other poster is correct. These are really better (and more comfortable) wearing straight down. And wearing it straight down surprisingly is very comfortable (and better seal and fit).

post #1125 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post

 

Happy day!  I won't be able to jump on this for a little while yet, but hopefully very soon. Thanks a bunch for passing on the info! 

 

Would be annoyed if I'd been one the folks that just missed the introductory offer and bought them at $250+ in the brief window before this info came to light. 

Well I got it for around 250 included shipping and can't say i'm too annoyed as I like them and it is still a bargin at 250.  Would need to add this korean shop to my list in addition to e-earphone and amazon japan to spot any good deals.....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

You can now buy H200 for 185 dollars plus shipping from Korea. Earphoneshop.co.kr confirmed that they will ship internationally for an additional fee. I can help you out if you are stuck because of language barrieral.

Nice.  Would definitely PM you if my friends would want to pick these up or if I want to get another pair for my wifey.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread