Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 71

post #1051 of 2550

Nice one! I can't imagine that you'll regret it.

post #1052 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

Nice one! I can't imagine that you'll regret it.

Loving it so far. BTW, do they need burn-in? I'm burning them in, but just curious.

post #1053 of 2550

They sounded superb out of the box and still do, so I wouldn't worry about any such recipes.

post #1054 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

They sounded superb out of the box and still do, so I wouldn't worry about any such recipes.

Thanks.

post #1055 of 2550

I'm kind of getting why people are hyped about this. They are very good. Great bass impact while still keeping BA level clarity. Impressive. However, I really don't think that they beat $1000+ customs. At least the UERM is better than it, imo.

post #1056 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
However, I really don't think that they beat $1000+ customs. At least the UERM is better than it, imo.

 I don't think anyone was claiming that...

post #1057 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post

 I don't think anyone was claiming that...

I thought I read someone saying that it was better than his 8A.

post #1058 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Loving it so far. BTW, do they need burn-in? I'm burning them in, but just curious.

Whether or not anything "needs" burn-in is entirely up to the listener. Generally speaking, unless you, the listener, encounter any particular issue(s) upon first listen (e.g. boomy/bloated bass, sibilance, etc.), which you feel might be (more/less) resolved with further use (i.e. burn-in), you need not worry about the absolute "need" for burn-in. Point being, if you enjoy them as they already sound, then it only makes sense for you to continue to enjoy them, and any potential improvement(s) through further use will present itself naturally.

I personally can't say I've ever experienced burn-in, as I personally attribute any audible change(s) to a mental adjustment, to whatever it is I'm listening to. I have, however, experienced a drastic difference of opinion (generally for the better) towards a select few headphones/earphones I wasn't at all initially pleased with, only to admire them immensely once their sound "settled in." The Aurisonics ASG-1.3 is a prime example, though it requires re-adjustment just about every time.

But, that's another topic altogether, and I don't wish to derail the discussion any further. As the saying goes; to each his own.
post #1059 of 2550
I think that was toxicdrift saying he has found more enjoyment from H-200 than he did with Heir 8A. Not sure if he directly saids it's better.

Regarding burn In we were specifically told by T-Peos do give them some break I'n hours before review. I think being Hybrid maybe give them 12-24 to let the BA settle then the rest can happen naturally. There was a slight peak In the upper mids that smoothed on mine.
post #1060 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

I thought I read someone saying that it was better than his 8A.

Whether or not a $200 in-ear bests one many times more is entirely up to the individual listener to decide. Not to mention, individual preference plays a crucial role here, and price doesn't always correlate with performance. I'll admit, however, to say one is flat out "better" than another is of little to no merit. Better, in what aspect(s)? Or, maybe the words "more preferred" are more suitable here. Without going into exactly what the individual finds better about one product versus another makes for a moot point altogether.
post #1061 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I think that was toxicdrift saying he has found more enjoyment from H-200 than he did with Heir 8A. Not sure if he directly saids it's better.

Regarding burn In we were specifically told by T-Peos do give them some break I'n hours before review. I think being Hybrid maybe give them 12-24 to let the BA settle then the rest can happen naturally. There was a slight peak In the upper mids that smoothed on mine.

Alright. I went back to check what toxicdrift said. You are right. He said he enjoys the H-200 more. So 12-24hrs of burn in. Sounds easy enough todo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


Whether or not anything "needs" burn-in is entirely up to the listener. Generally speaking, unless you, the listener, encounter any particular issue(s) upon first listen (e.g. boomy/bloated bass, sibilance, etc.), which you feel might be (more/less) resolved with further use (i.e. burn-in), you need not worry about the absolute "need" for burn-in. Point being, if you enjoy them as they already sound, then it only makes sense for you to continue to enjoy them, and any potential improvement(s) through further use will present itself naturally.

I personally can't say I've ever experienced burn-in, as I personally attribute any audible change(s) to a mental adjustment, to whatever it is I'm listening to. I have, however, experienced a drastic difference of opinion (generally for the better) towards a select few headphones/earphones I wasn't at all initially pleased with, only to admire them immensely once their sound "settled in." The Aurisonics ASG-1.3 is a prime example, though it requires re-adjustment just about every time.

But, that's another topic altogether, and I don't wish to derail the discussion any further. As the saying goes; to each his own.

OK. I personally found burn in to help with most dynamic drivers, but who knows what the truth behind burn in is.

post #1062 of 2550
H-200 pair very nicely with the Cowon J3 I have here. I think they really open up with strong sources though, they can get moving nicely when using BH amp and it's added LF switch.
post #1063 of 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Alright. I went back to check what toxicdrift said. You are right. He said he enjoys the H-200 more. So 12-24hrs of burn in. Sounds easy enough todo.
OK. I personally found burn in to help with most dynamic drivers, but who knows what the truth behind burn in is.

Indeed. As I see it, there's no right or wrong to it either. Some do, some don't. Simple as that. Else we'd never get anywhere trying to refute what someone else hears, simply because we may not happen to hear the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

H-200 pair very nicely with the Cowon J3 I have here. I think they really open up with strong sources though, they can get moving nicely when using BH amp and it's added LF switch.

I have multiple sources on hand (portable and otherwise), and I can certainly account for improvements (subtle as they may be) through various sources. The H-200 and Audioquest Dragonfly, for instance, make for a great pairing.
post #1064 of 2550
With Rocca BA I achieve impressively crisp vocals which are rather detailed, when singers hit high notes they really dig In (in a good way) the Cowon makes them sound rather smooth, less ensuing. Although using Studio V won't quite accomplish the same vocal reproduction takes all prizes everywhere else. I hope you guys can get these upgrade cables to (from T-Peos)because it makes a noticeable difference to my ears. I'd write some more explaining I'n detail but I'm on my phone and it does my head I'n typing. tongue.gif
post #1065 of 2550

How do we get the cables? It seems that the middle man can no longer play that part.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread