I'm new to this forum but have been reading quite a bit about IEMs for the last few weeks. I have a few in mind, and have pulled the trigger on one set, but want to learn some more and get another set in the very near future. I've based my decision largely on this site, and in large part to lJokerl's reviews (WOW, great job!) I am looking for suggestions for IEMs based on the following criteria:
I'd like to keep the price < $200.00 (but would entertain a higher price point for exceptional value)
I like a high bang for the buck, but who doesn't?
I have a wide variety of musical tastes, here are a few mains:
1. Guitar centric, or instrumental stuff: Joe Satriani, Andy Timmons, Eric Johnson, Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer etc. I like bass but not heavy bass.
2. Rock and blues, Classic and 80's rock: Van Halen, Led Zepelin, Dokken, RUSH... (This list would be way too long)
3. 80s music: billy idol, police, U2, Duran Duran...
4. Strong vocals: Josh Groban, Sarah Brightman...
5. Classical: acoustic guitars, stringed quartets, symphonies...
6. I like rap and trance but don't listen to it very often anymore.
7. I've started to really like country music.
I'm looking for a great all around iem that is definitely not too bass heavy.
Here are a few of the sets I've been considering:
Rockit RE-50 (have these on order)
Etymotic um2 & um3x, HF5
Are there any suggestions?
I'll primarily be using an iPhone, iPod. I also use them for snowboarding, mountain biking, and working out etc.
Looking for good, sturdy, and comfortable with phenomenal sound, and good isolation.
Also how important is getting an amplifier, and which do you suggest with apple products.
I hope I was able to somewhat describe what I'm looking for, harder than I thought.
Thanks in advance, you input is greatly appreciated.