or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions? - Page 9

post #121 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneguy View Post


I do infrequently. More often than not, I use them fill the room(s) up with music when we are eating together or when I am cleaning the kitchen. My 6 year old daughter also loves to dance with me in the family room (where my desk is located) so they are the source of music for that.

My HE1000s are my preferred music source of choice while at my desk but the speakers are my preferred source for movies/TV shows at my desk.


ah okay... cause i was gonna say i doubt at that distance speakers of that size become a point source adequately.  but yeah, as general loudspeakers for the whole room that would work. :regular_smile :

post #122 of 136

Yesterday Amazon finally Fedex overnighted the first monitor I ordered, however this morning I discovered they canceled my order for the second one due to it not being available. In the process of having them return the first. 

I'm either going to order two new ones directly from Emotiva or else look into a different speaker solution. I was so looking forward to today, too :(

post #123 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlMunky View Post
 

Yesterday Amazon finally Fedex overnighted the first monitor I ordered, however this morning I discovered they canceled my order for the second one due to it not being available. In the process of having them return the first. 

I'm either going to order two new ones directly from Emotiva or else look into a different speaker solution. I was so looking forward to today, too :(

Emotiva's refubished option on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231820725748?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

 

Stealth 8 factory refurbished by Emotiva and sold by Emotiva. Comes with a 1 year non-transferrable warranty. From what I have gathered from the Emotiva forum they accept reasonable offers so you can get them cheaper than $580 no problem. 4 available at the moment.

post #124 of 136

Anytime I've searched "emotiva" those have never come up. I searched "emotiva stealth 8" and then they showed up. Rather strange. Anyway I just put in an order for two new ones from Emotiva. 

 

Does anyone know their average shipping time for the free shipping?

post #125 of 136

Yeah I found out that they don't show up when you search earlier today as well.

 

I don't have any current info but when I bought my stuff from them in late 2014 it was well inside a week to Oklahoma for the free shipping.

post #126 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
 

Yeah I found out that they don't show up when you search earlier today as well.

 

I don't have any current info but when I bought my stuff from them in late 2014 it was well inside a week to Oklahoma for the free shipping.

 

Well being I put in the order this morning hopefully they get them dropped off to the carrier today and will be able to get them to me next week.

post #127 of 136

Well the Stealth 8 that I had the amp replaced in just died or something. The led is a constant red............ 

 

I turned it off and pulled the cord for a while like the website says for a red blinking led but still the same problem. No sound.

 

The heatsink wasn't even warm.

post #128 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazsud View Post
 

Well the Stealth 8 that I had the amp replaced in just died or something. The led is a constant red............ 

 

I turned it off and pulled the cord for a while like the website says for a red blinking led but still the same problem. No sound.

 

The heatsink wasn't even warm.

Still under warranty?

post #129 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlMunky View Post
 

Still under warranty?

Yes I bought them in this past November. I just hate that this happened again. I just got new stands not even a month ago :(

post #130 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazsud View Post
 

Yes I bought them in this past November. I just hate that this happened again. I just got new stands not even a month ago :(

Very unfortunate. Hopefully this doesn't continue for you.

post #131 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlMunky View Post

Very unfortunate. Hopefully this doesn't continue for you.

So on my way home I thought of checking the fuse. I get home and plug it in and turn it on before checking the fuse and it's working again.

I wonder if it's because I have everything connected to a crappy power strip. Which is connected to another power strip that has a modem, cable box, tv and wireless router....

I think I'm gonna pick one up this weekend or order one.
Edited by kazsud - 3/18/16 at 2:55pm
post #132 of 136
buson160man has talked of the benefits of swapping the fuses in the Stealth 8s for ages. I had an opportunity to buy some HiFi Tuning Silver Supreme fuses for a bit of a discount last week, so I've got them now. Hopefully I can install them in the coming week. I'll report in on any changes after I've had some listening time.

Still have lots of room reflections to deal with, but that's not cone ng anytime soon. And I know that's the biggest issue I have to take care of. Potentially with my entire system.
post #133 of 136

How do they compare to the JBL 305?

post #134 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablix View Post
 

A fuse affecting sound quality, this type of post makes me want to stop reading posts on these forums.  Honestly I am becoming so fed up with audiophile ******** it makes me wonder if anything posted is worth reading.   A fuse has ZERO to do with sound quality, and if anyone can prove me wrong I would be delighted to read the evidence..


This is an old thread but one I thought I would respond to. If you have not heard the effect that a premium fuse can have on something you really should not be making comments about it being hogwash . The effect is easily heard and discernible sonically speaking .

   I really think your comment is very close minded . Until you hear it you should not be dissing it . But from a engineering point of view it might make sense . The changes are not something that would probably be measured .

    The pricing of these premium fuses is a bit ridiculous though I do use them liberally  wherever . The prices are definitely a bit steep for what you are getting . But price gouging is definitely something that is a readily practiced thing in the audiophile tweaking industry so that is nothing new .


Edited by buson160man - 4/3/16 at 7:27am
post #135 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by buson160man View Post
 


This is an old thread but one I thought I would respond to. If you have not heard the effect that a premium fuse can have on something you really should not be making comments about it being hogwash . The effect is easily heard and discernible sonically speaking .

   I really think your comment is very close minded . Until you hear it you should not be dissing it . But from a engineering point of view it might make sense . The changes are not something that would probably be measured .

    The pricing of these premium fuses is a bit ridiculous though I do use them liberally  wherever . The prices are definitely a bit steep for what you are getting . But price gouging is definitely something that is a readily practiced thing in the audiophile tweaking industry so that is nothing new .

If a premium fuses has effect on sound quality then that equipment was beyond poorly designed. I have tried one before, and it made no difference what so ever.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions?