- 5 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M35 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productGemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphonetagged by System, 12/25/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/25/12
- productTakstar Pro 80tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Over-ear < 100$ Last post on 3/11/14 at 4:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noob Needs Advice on New Cans Last post on 12/23/12 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for ~$200? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendations for headphoned mostly for out-door usage; budget ~50$ (completely new to... Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:24am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$post #1 of 1112/21/12 at 6:17pmThread StarterI'm looking to purchase a pair of full sized for under 100$. Are the ATH-m35's the way to go or a different brand? I mostly will be listening on my laptop and iPhone. Also I listen to a lot of trance but also slower music as well. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1112/21/12 at 6:26pm
brainwaz HM5...easily powered...superb isolation..great for trance n zzzzzzkind of intoxicating soothing music.
another would be Philips Uptown. along similar vein.
u should be able to find them in the resale mkt for your budget.
Edited by Lorspeaker - 12/21/12 at 6:28pmpost #3 of 1112/21/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.post #4 of 1112/23/12 at 10:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by PurpleAngel
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.
Thanks, how do the Takstar's sound? I just want quality crisp sound without overpowering bass. But I do listen to a lot of Trance, not a fan of too much bass though. They are basically unbranded hsr-1000's? There is also an unbranded brainwavz hm5 I found.post #5 of 1112/23/12 at 10:58ampost #6 of 1112/23/12 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #7 of 1112/23/12 at 11:06amQuote:
I believe Takstar came out with the Pro 80 first, then Gemini started selling the same headphone under the HSR-1000 model number.
The headphone is about as good as any, under the $100 price tag and I'm sure could easily sell for $150 if it was "name brand".
I have the HM5s, but never use them anymorepost #8 of 1112/23/12 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #9 of 1112/23/12 at 11:27amQuote:
The HM5s have a very clear sound, but not much bass.
Best price I could find, searching for Takstar and Gemini, is at Datavision.post #10 of 1112/23/12 at 11:39amThread Starter
- Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 11 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from TDK BA200 29 seconds ago
- › Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Woo Audio WA6 + Sophia + Tubes 2 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude