- 5 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M35 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productGemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphonetagged by System, 12/25/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/25/12
- productTakstar Pro 80tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noob Needs Advice on New Cans Last post on 12/23/12 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for ~$200? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FS: Grado SR-80i, Philips Citiscape Uptown, Incipio F38, cMoy Amp Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:21pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Best headphones under 150 for Rock, Grunge, Punk, etc? Last post on 11/9/13 at 8:52am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$post #1 of 1112/21/12 at 6:17pmThread StarterI'm looking to purchase a pair of full sized for under 100$. Are the ATH-m35's the way to go or a different brand? I mostly will be listening on my laptop and iPhone. Also I listen to a lot of trance but also slower music as well. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1112/21/12 at 6:26pm
brainwaz HM5...easily powered...superb isolation..great for trance n zzzzzzkind of intoxicating soothing music.
another would be Philips Uptown. along similar vein.
u should be able to find them in the resale mkt for your budget.
Edited by Lorspeaker - 12/21/12 at 6:28pmpost #3 of 1112/21/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.post #4 of 1112/23/12 at 10:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by PurpleAngel
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.
Thanks, how do the Takstar's sound? I just want quality crisp sound without overpowering bass. But I do listen to a lot of Trance, not a fan of too much bass though. They are basically unbranded hsr-1000's? There is also an unbranded brainwavz hm5 I found.post #5 of 1112/23/12 at 10:58ampost #6 of 1112/23/12 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #7 of 1112/23/12 at 11:06amQuote:
I believe Takstar came out with the Pro 80 first, then Gemini started selling the same headphone under the HSR-1000 model number.
The headphone is about as good as any, under the $100 price tag and I'm sure could easily sell for $150 if it was "name brand".
I have the HM5s, but never use them anymorepost #8 of 1112/23/12 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #9 of 1112/23/12 at 11:27amQuote:
The HM5s have a very clear sound, but not much bass.
Best price I could find, searching for Takstar and Gemini, is at Datavision.post #10 of 1112/23/12 at 11:39amThread Starter
- Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 seconds ago
- › Best amp/soundcard to go with AKG Studio 240s 5 seconds ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 2 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA760 Coming Soon!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod 2 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 2 minutes ago
- › What songs do you use to test gear? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi