Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I'm looking to purchase a pair of full sized for under 100$. Are the ATH-m35's the way to go or a different brand? I mostly will be listening on my laptop and iPhone. Also I listen to a lot of trance but also slower music as well. Any suggestions?
post #2 of 11

brainwaz HM5...easily powered...superb isolation..great for trance n zzzzzzkind of intoxicating soothing music.

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-hm5-studio-monitor-headphones/

 

another would be Philips Uptown. along similar vein. 

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHL5905BK-28-CitiScape-Headphones/dp/B007BNE564/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356143194&sr=8-1&keywords=philips+uptown+headphones

 

u should be able to find them in the resale mkt for your budget. ksc75smile.gif


Edited by Lorspeaker - 12/21/12 at 6:28pm
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson30 View Post

I'm looking to purchase a pair of full sized for under 100$. Are the ATH-m35's the way to go or a different brand? I mostly will be listening on my laptop and iPhone. Also I listen to a lot of trance but also slower music as well. Any suggestions?

Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-thread

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585356/the-takstar-technical-pro-gemini-thread

Thanks, how do the Takstar's sound? I just want quality crisp sound without overpowering bass. But I do listen to a lot of Trance, not a fan of too much bass though. They are basically unbranded hsr-1000's? There is also an unbranded brainwavz hm5 I found.
post #5 of 11

why do they have to be full sized? so they fit around your ear instead of on your ear?

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Just a preference. I like the being immersed into the music feel with full sized cans. Why, do you have a recommendation?
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson30 View Post


Thanks, how do the Takstar's sound? I just want quality crisp sound without overpowering bass. But I do listen to a lot of Trance, not a fan of too much bass though. They are basically unbranded hsr-1000's? There is also an unbranded brainwavz hm5 I found.

I believe Takstar came out with the Pro 80 first, then Gemini started selling the same headphone under the HSR-1000 model number.

The headphone is about as good as any, under the $100 price tag and I'm sure could easily sell for $150 if it was "name brand".

 

I have the HM5s, but never use them anymore

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Interesting, so you feel that the Takstar's sound better than the HM5's. I probably would go with the unbranded to save as well.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anelson30 View Post

Interesting, so you feel that the Takstar's sound better than the HM5's. I probably would go with the unbranded to save as well.

The HM5s have a very clear sound, but not much bass.

 

Best price I could find, searching for Takstar and Gemini, is at Datavision.

http://www.datavis.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?prrfnbr=653791&site=GOGL

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Awesome, it would be around 85$ with my shipping. Thanks a lot for the help!
post #11 of 11

Alessandro MS1i/Grado SR80i

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$