- 5 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAlessandro MS1itagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M35 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productGemini HSR1000 Studio Reference Headphonetagged by System, 12/25/12
- productGrado SR80i Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/25/12
- productTakstar Pro 80tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Over-ear < 100$ Last post on 3/11/14 at 4:12am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noob Needs Advice on New Cans Last post on 12/23/12 at 7:20pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Headphones for ~$200? Last post on 10/10/12 at 8:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendations for headphoned mostly for out-door usage; budget ~50$ (completely new to... Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:24am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$post #1 of 1112/21/12 at 6:17pmThread StarterI'm looking to purchase a pair of full sized for under 100$. Are the ATH-m35's the way to go or a different brand? I mostly will be listening on my laptop and iPhone. Also I listen to a lot of trance but also slower music as well. Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1112/21/12 at 6:26pm
brainwaz HM5...easily powered...superb isolation..great for trance n zzzzzzkind of intoxicating soothing music.
another would be Philips Uptown. along similar vein.
u should be able to find them in the resale mkt for your budget.
Edited by Lorspeaker - 12/21/12 at 6:28pmpost #3 of 1112/21/12 at 10:13pmQuote:
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.post #4 of 1112/23/12 at 10:44amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by PurpleAngel
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), usually sells for around $88.
Thanks, how do the Takstar's sound? I just want quality crisp sound without overpowering bass. But I do listen to a lot of Trance, not a fan of too much bass though. They are basically unbranded hsr-1000's? There is also an unbranded brainwavz hm5 I found.post #5 of 1112/23/12 at 10:58ampost #6 of 1112/23/12 at 11:05amThread Starterpost #7 of 1112/23/12 at 11:06amQuote:
I believe Takstar came out with the Pro 80 first, then Gemini started selling the same headphone under the HSR-1000 model number.
The headphone is about as good as any, under the $100 price tag and I'm sure could easily sell for $150 if it was "name brand".
I have the HM5s, but never use them anymorepost #8 of 1112/23/12 at 11:13amThread Starterpost #9 of 1112/23/12 at 11:27amQuote:
The HM5s have a very clear sound, but not much bass.
Best price I could find, searching for Takstar and Gemini, is at Datavision.post #10 of 1112/23/12 at 11:39amThread Starter
- Recommendations?? Quality phones under 100$
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Video Game Music Thread 1 second ago
- › Can you recommend good headphones for me... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 1985 Version... Need To Upgrade... 3 minutes ago
- › Not able to edit community profile or account info <- Read your... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob