Does anyone know if this is a good pair? I plan on using these headphones with the ibasso along with the He-500, and Sennheiser HD650's
Related Forum Threads
- iBasso DX100 complete Last post on Yesterday at 4:55 pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- IBasso DX100 in pristine condition (price drop) Last post on 5/20/13 at 1:38pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- FS: iBasso DX100 Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:43pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- FS: AKG-Q701+Woo Audio WA7+ North Star DAC192 MKi Last post on 5/20/13 at 7:14am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- iBasso Mini Audio DX100 / I river AK 100 Last post on 5/15/13 at 6:19pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
ibasso dx100 + AKG Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For the most part, this system was great for my music - bass was loud but tight (however another demo Q701 I tried had really flabby bass on another amp that does well on the K701). One gripe I had though was while the Q701 positioned everything backward a bit from your head, every instrument was there on a flat plane, instead of a sense of depth that is created by some headphones/speakers that just move some instruments forward, but the pads on both units I got to try so far were oddly shaped thanks to how they sit on the headphone rack. The thinnest part of the earpad instead of being on the front was on the rear of the first (that I didn't try with the DX100), and the second one had the thinnest part on top on the left ear then slightly forward on the right ear (this I tried with the Q701). I suppose as long as you don't use a rack that puts pressure on the earpads these will perform well enough.
- ibasso dx100 + AKG Q701
- › Sound Quality : Sennheiser HD 239 vs HD 449 21 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH-900/TH-600 or LCD-2 for basshead (with sample playlist) 24 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Balanced Mod 2 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 4 minutes ago
- › TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 5 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe