Does anyone know if this is a good pair? I plan on using these headphones with the ibasso along with the He-500, and Sennheiser HD650's
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 1/2/13
- productiBasso DX100 Reference DAPtagged by System, 1/2/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for decent cans under $300(help wanted) Last post on 4/20/14 at 9:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Want a pair of flat, closed-back, comfortable, over ear headphones under $400 with a good seal. Last post on 4/14/14 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation Last post on 4/7/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just picked up AKG q701's and 363D Sennies. What do I need now soundcard/dac/headphone amp?... Last post on 4/4/14 at 1:33am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
ibasso dx100 + AKG Q701post #1 of 212/21/12 at 11:20amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 212/23/12 at 10:57am
For the most part, this system was great for my music - bass was loud but tight (however another demo Q701 I tried had really flabby bass on another amp that does well on the K701). One gripe I had though was while the Q701 positioned everything backward a bit from your head, every instrument was there on a flat plane, instead of a sense of depth that is created by some headphones/speakers that just move some instruments forward, but the pads on both units I got to try so far were oddly shaped thanks to how they sit on the headphone rack. The thinnest part of the earpad instead of being on the front was on the rear of the first (that I didn't try with the DX100), and the second one had the thinnest part on top on the left ear then slightly forward on the right ear (this I tried with the Q701). I suppose as long as you don't use a rack that puts pressure on the earpads these will perform well enough.
- ibasso dx100 + AKG Q701
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › anything better than the JVC HA-FX40 for under $30? IEM 52 seconds ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD360 Pro = PX360? 4 minutes ago
- › How decent is your car audio system? 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 5 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4! Sydney, Australia Meet! 6 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob