Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku: Flat-4-Sui. The Sound of Tea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ocharaku: Flat-4-Sui. The Sound of Tea. - Page 6

post #76 of 92
V shape you say ๐Ÿ˜ž...im having Goosebumps from female vocals ๐Ÿ˜ and also male vocals as well ...the midrange is so superb most excellent to me only can imagine the flagship sound ๐Ÿ˜Œ...in due time I will have them ๐Ÿ˜Ž...
post #77 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochillย View Post

V shape you say ๐Ÿ˜ž...im having Goosebumps from female vocals ๐Ÿ˜ and also male vocals as well ...the midrange is so superb most excellent to me only can imagine the flagship sound ๐Ÿ˜Œ...in due time I will have them ๐Ÿ˜Ž...

That's what the OP says, read the review. ย I hated the TF10 because of the recessed mids, but that wasn't all, there are other flaws, but it was U or V shaped.

post #78 of 92
Also I will be getting the translucent audio ref 1 +uber cable combo as a gift in two months ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
post #79 of 92
Ohh I never wanted the tf10 but I don't hear the recession...i only bought them because I was like hmmm I want them after reading audio micro details being on the level of the fi-ba-ss๐Ÿ˜Ž...also I wanted to hear the glory of the Sony lcp drivers ๐Ÿ˜Š
post #80 of 92
I read the whole thread, but didn't care because irl we all hear thing differently and the flat 4 plus fiio x5 is so much more epic the the jvc fx850 plus the fiio x5๐Ÿ˜Œ
post #81 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochillย View Post

Ohh I never wanted the tf10 but I don't hear the recession...i only bought them because I was like hmmm I want them after reading audio micro details being on the level of the fi-ba-ss๐Ÿ˜Ž...also I wanted to hear the glory of the Sony lcp drivers ๐Ÿ˜Š

You're ear FR must be a hump. ย :Dย ย It probably neutralizes the U or V shape of the headphones output. ย 

post #82 of 92
LOLZ ๐Ÿ˜…... I love these ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜
post #83 of 92
I see you guys just like throwing money around for seemingly no reason :l

Since nobody seems to listen to me, here's MF's take on the SUI. Vs. KAEDE. As I've stated before, having had both, the difference between the two is pretty damned scant:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/642191/ocharaku-flat-4-sui-the-sound-of-tea/45#post_9759500

For the money ($999), I'd rather spring for the K3003 or DITA, both of which share the same hyper detail and huge airy soundstage, while edging out both SUI and KAEDE in midrange/treble timbre, and neither of those phones suffer from upper midrange suckout. Not to disparage the SUI of course, which can be had for a good price in the FS these days. I always thought that phone came really close to some TOTL phones in certain respects.

That and the KAEDE is no longer being manufactured as only 200 were ever made
post #84 of 92
Just listening to the same songs I listen to every night are I'm really hearing amazing inner mid details and open transparency that I never knew existed ๐Ÿ˜Œ
post #85 of 92
I really don't trust anyone else ears๐Ÿ˜œ..but yes to my ears nothing seems missing, maybe its a synergy issue ๐Ÿ˜Œ
post #86 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24ย View Post

I see you guys just like throwing money around for seemingly no reason :l

Since nobody seems to listen to me, here's MF's take on the SUI. Vs. KAEDE. As I've stated before, having had both, the difference between the two is pretty damned scant:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/642191/ocharaku-flat-4-sui-the-sound-of-tea/45#post_9759500

For the money ($999), I'd rather spring for the K3003 or DITA, both of which share the same hyper detail and huge airy soundstage, while edging out both SUI and KAEDE in midrange/treble timbre, and neither of those phones suffer from upper midrange suckout. Not to disparage the SUI of course, which can be had for a good price in the FS these days. I always thought that phone came really close to some TOTL phones in certain respects.

That and the KAEDE is no longer being manufactured as only 200 were ever made

:eek:ย ย Forget it. ย I thought these were good deals for the money, didn't know they were high-end prices. ย Just lost interest in Flat-4, for that money, I would pay more for better stuff.

post #87 of 92
I thought its $500๐Ÿ˜ž
post #88 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEarsย View Post

eek.gif ย ย Forget it. ย I thought these were good deals for the money, didn't know they were high-end prices. ย Just lost interest in Flat-4, for that money, I would pay more for better stuff.

That was the price for the KAEDE when it was still being sold, so yeah, pretty poor value. You gotta understand that when you hit a certain point, you're payin heaps more money for that last 10% of performance. It's not night and day like some people make it out to be. With that said, the landscape looks better today than it did then, as there are more phones that perform at, or close to TOTL, for quite a bit less money.
post #89 of 92
Just switched to my dunu dn2k and the details are almost close only thing missing is the ultra treble extension and details and also the more open soundstage ๐Ÿ˜Ž
post #90 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochillย View Post

Just switched to my dunu dn2k and the details are almost close only thing missing is the ultra treble extension and details and also the more open soundstage ๐Ÿ˜Ž


I demoed the Sui last year, they were quite nice. I remember a friend? thought they looked like little video cameras.ย :regular_smile :

I have no idea what they'd been absorbing that day. ย 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ocharaku: Flat-4-Sui. The Sound of Tea.