While searching for a DAC, I came across this new offering from Parasound. Though I'll probably get something that is smaller/more portable, such as the iFi iDac, I thought others might be interested given the price.
Parasound Zdac ($475):
- Premium Analog Devices AD1853 24-bit/192 kHz Digital to Analog Converter IC
- All inputs feature jitter reduction and are re-clocked and up-sampled to 422 kHz / 24 bit
- Asynchronous USB input for playing music from PC or Mac (driver-less for easy setup)
- Works with any format file on your computer up to 96 kHz / 24 bit
- Works in variable volume mode in Windows® for connecting direct to a power amp (no preamp needed)
- Optical and Coaxial digital inputs for use with any standard digital connection
- RCA unbalanced and XLR balanced analog outputs
- High current headphone output with volume control can drive any headphones from 32 to 600?
- Oversized internal toroid power transformer (not a wall wart like many competitors)