- 56 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Milwaukee
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new headphones around $500 with good sub bass extension Last post on 4/5/13 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for fast, high bass impact headphone with good clarity for electronica Last post on 12/19/12 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones under $300? Last post on 3/5/14 at 12:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the V-Modas overrated by people who don't have enough experience with headphones? Last post on 4/7/14 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Best cans for around $300post #1 of 612/19/12 at 8:05amThread StarterI'm ready to pull the trigger on some new cans. My budget is around $300.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 612/19/12 at 8:08ampost #3 of 612/19/12 at 8:13amQuote:
Lol, where do you get he-400s for $300?
Anyway, to the OP - what are you looking for in headphones?
Do you have an amp?
What's your source?
Gotta give some background if you want a good answer.post #4 of 612/19/12 at 8:28am
Alessandro MS2i's are 299$ U.S. and are a beutiful sounding headphone, they're an open back design, supra-aural (on ear) with aluminum air chambers, also they're real easy to drive, real nice sounding headphone in my opinion especially for the price.post #5 of 612/19/12 at 8:39amThread StarterQuote:
I will be getting an amp, I don't need portability, otherwise I'm up for your recommendations I listen to a wide variety of music including Rock, Rap, Classical.. Basically anything other than country :-) I have an oppo bluray, sacd, dvd-audio. I have many sacd/dvd-audios that I enjoy.
How do the he-400s compare to the V-Moda M100s?post #6 of 612/19/12 at 9:48am
- Best cans for around $300
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Need help/recs for closed headphones $250 or thereabout for... 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Heir Audio announces the IEM 8.0 2 minutes ago
- › Help choosing programming headphones/iems 4 minutes ago
- › Quality on ear cans on a budget 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for all members in Turkey 8 minutes ago
- › Need help picking a headphone or headset for gaming 8 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob