Yeah thats what I was thinking buying something cheaper at the start with the headphones and later on down the track trying out amps. Are there any other sound cards you could recommend around $50?
- productAntlion ModMictagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus Xonar DGXtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 12/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 12/25/12More
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/25/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Moditagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 990 Pro 250Ohm without amp? Last post on 5/9/13 at 10:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PC soundcard for beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm and Fiio E9 Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an amp for the DT 990 Pro/250 Last post on 11/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH-M50 + Prodigy HD2 or DT 990 pro + cheap amp or HE-400 ?? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
After being impressed with the value of the MEElectronics M6 Pro, I wanted to take a look at a bassier IEM from the same company. The M-Duo is a dual dynamic driver earphone with a separate...
Equipment Spotify Premium Firestone Audio Fubar 2 DAC Firestone Audio Cute Battery 2 amp Build and comfort I upgraded to these from Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. I very much like the sound...
Fiio X3 V2 World Tour 2015, UK. Let me begin by saying that this Fiio X3 v2 is on lend to me for a short time as part of the world tour of 2015, the unit does not belong to me and I have no...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
so the e 7 can drive the 250 ohms easily ? are you talking about the e17 ? coz the e 7 is a dac right? and I've asked ppl like madlustenvy who said the e7 can probably drive 32 ohms at best ..
The E7. The old E7. That's right. Just like the E11. And the E17. Impedance doesn't mean much. People seem to think that higher impedance is harder to drive, when really, it's not really. There's more to the total reality of how much power is needed to fully drive a headphone, and I guarantee you it's less than what reading stuff on this website will have you think it is. Then again, I say that as someone who runs his headphones with 50 watt speaker amps via balanced custom re-cable jobs. I'm all about the over-kill. But that's because I like it that way. It doesn't mean it's actually needed to physical make a headphone fully dynamic.
You'll find a lot of opinions on driving headphones. Some people seem to think that they require nuclear power plants to sound dynamic. Others realize they are at full volume without even turning up the volume max on a basic device and sound fine.
It's cheaper to try the later, and buy an amp later if your ears don't agree.
orryt .. i had an offer for the e 7 a while .. rejected it coz i thot it couldn't drive the 250 ohm beyers.. orryt I think i ll take a listen anyway..
thanks malveaux! ..
- Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 48 seconds ago
- › O2 (AMP) or e10k for HD598 1 minute ago
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › I am building an ideal music playback software, for... 4 minutes ago
- › 2-pin Silver Litz carbon fiber 25AWG Type 4 Ediolic 3.5mm and plugs... 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2