Yeah thats what I was thinking buying something cheaper at the start with the headphones and later on down the track trying out amps. Are there any other sound cards you could recommend around $50?
- productAntlion ModMictagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus Xonar DGXtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 12/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 12/25/12More
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/25/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Moditagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 990 Pro 250Ohm without amp? Last post on 5/9/13 at 10:38am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PC soundcard for beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm and Fiio E9 Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an amp for the DT 990 Pro/250 Last post on 11/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ATH-M50 + Prodigy HD2 or DT 990 pro + cheap amp or HE-400 ?? Last post on 9/24/12 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
so the e 7 can drive the 250 ohms easily ? are you talking about the e17 ? coz the e 7 is a dac right? and I've asked ppl like madlustenvy who said the e7 can probably drive 32 ohms at best ..
The E7. The old E7. That's right. Just like the E11. And the E17. Impedance doesn't mean much. People seem to think that higher impedance is harder to drive, when really, it's not really. There's more to the total reality of how much power is needed to fully drive a headphone, and I guarantee you it's less than what reading stuff on this website will have you think it is. Then again, I say that as someone who runs his headphones with 50 watt speaker amps via balanced custom re-cable jobs. I'm all about the over-kill. But that's because I like it that way. It doesn't mean it's actually needed to physical make a headphone fully dynamic.
You'll find a lot of opinions on driving headphones. Some people seem to think that they require nuclear power plants to sound dynamic. Others realize they are at full volume without even turning up the volume max on a basic device and sound fine.
It's cheaper to try the later, and buy an amp later if your ears don't agree.
orryt .. i had an offer for the e 7 a while .. rejected it coz i thot it couldn't drive the 250 ohm beyers.. orryt I think i ll take a listen anyway..
thanks malveaux! ..
- Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) just now
- › She is Called M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread... 17 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 26 seconds ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA -... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › New and Improved* Luxury & Precision L5 PRO 32bit DSD DAP with AKM... 2 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 2 minutes ago
- › 🇸🇬 CanJam Singapore 2016 (20 February - 21 February) 3 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2