Yeah thats what I was thinking buying something cheaper at the start with the headphones and later on down the track trying out amps. Are there any other sound cards you could recommend around $50?
- productAntlion ModMictagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus Xonar DGXtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 12/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 12/25/12More
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/25/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Moditagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- PC soundcard for beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm and Fiio E9 Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an amp for the DT 990 Pro/250 Last post on 11/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 990 Premium 250ohm or 32ohm with Fiio E10? Last post on 7/23/13 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic) - Page 2post #16 of 1912/19/12 at 11:44amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1912/19/12 at 12:03pm
so the e 7 can drive the 250 ohms easily ? are you talking about the e17 ? coz the e 7 is a dac right? and I've asked ppl like madlustenvy who said the e7 can probably drive 32 ohms at best ..
regardspost #18 of 1912/19/12 at 6:29pmQuote:
The E7. The old E7. That's right. Just like the E11. And the E17. Impedance doesn't mean much. People seem to think that higher impedance is harder to drive, when really, it's not really. There's more to the total reality of how much power is needed to fully drive a headphone, and I guarantee you it's less than what reading stuff on this website will have you think it is. Then again, I say that as someone who runs his headphones with 50 watt speaker amps via balanced custom re-cable jobs. I'm all about the over-kill. But that's because I like it that way. It doesn't mean it's actually needed to physical make a headphone fully dynamic.
You'll find a lot of opinions on driving headphones. Some people seem to think that they require nuclear power plants to sound dynamic. Others realize they are at full volume without even turning up the volume max on a basic device and sound fine.
It's cheaper to try the later, and buy an amp later if your ears don't agree.
Very best,post #19 of 1912/19/12 at 8:57pm
orryt .. i had an offer for the e 7 a while .. rejected it coz i thot it couldn't drive the 250 ohm beyers.. orryt I think i ll take a listen anyway..
thanks malveaux! ..
- Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Astrotec AX60 | Thoughts, Reviews, and Tour Impressions 31 seconds ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Decware CSP 2+ 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude