Yeah thats what I was thinking buying something cheaper at the start with the headphones and later on down the track trying out amps. Are there any other sound cards you could recommend around $50?
- productAntlion ModMictagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus Xonar DGXtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 12/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 12/25/12More
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/25/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Moditagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- PC soundcard for beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm and Fiio E9 Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an amp for the DT 990 Pro/250 Last post on 11/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 990 Premium 250ohm or 32ohm with Fiio E10? Last post on 7/23/13 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
so the e 7 can drive the 250 ohms easily ? are you talking about the e17 ? coz the e 7 is a dac right? and I've asked ppl like madlustenvy who said the e7 can probably drive 32 ohms at best ..
The E7. The old E7. That's right. Just like the E11. And the E17. Impedance doesn't mean much. People seem to think that higher impedance is harder to drive, when really, it's not really. There's more to the total reality of how much power is needed to fully drive a headphone, and I guarantee you it's less than what reading stuff on this website will have you think it is. Then again, I say that as someone who runs his headphones with 50 watt speaker amps via balanced custom re-cable jobs. I'm all about the over-kill. But that's because I like it that way. It doesn't mean it's actually needed to physical make a headphone fully dynamic.
You'll find a lot of opinions on driving headphones. Some people seem to think that they require nuclear power plants to sound dynamic. Others realize they are at full volume without even turning up the volume max on a basic device and sound fine.
It's cheaper to try the later, and buy an amp later if your ears don't agree.
orryt .. i had an offer for the e 7 a while .. rejected it coz i thot it couldn't drive the 250 ohm beyers.. orryt I think i ll take a listen anyway..
thanks malveaux! ..
- Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 49 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Found my Westones 4 in the washer last night. Recommendations on an... 1 minute ago
- › Possible alternative choice to Audeze LCD 2 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)