Yeah thats what I was thinking buying something cheaper at the start with the headphones and later on down the track trying out amps. Are there any other sound cards you could recommend around $50?
- productAntlion ModMictagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Cardtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAsus Xonar DGXtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 12/25/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/28/13
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 12/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 12/25/12More
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/25/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-300tagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSchiit Moditagged by System, 12/25/12
- productSony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphonestagged by System, 12/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 12/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- PC soundcard for beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm and Fiio E9 Last post on 11/28/12 at 2:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an amp for the DT 990 Pro/250 Last post on 11/16/12 at 1:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DT 990 Premium 250ohm or 32ohm with Fiio E10? Last post on 7/23/13 at 12:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
so the e 7 can drive the 250 ohms easily ? are you talking about the e17 ? coz the e 7 is a dac right? and I've asked ppl like madlustenvy who said the e7 can probably drive 32 ohms at best ..
The E7. The old E7. That's right. Just like the E11. And the E17. Impedance doesn't mean much. People seem to think that higher impedance is harder to drive, when really, it's not really. There's more to the total reality of how much power is needed to fully drive a headphone, and I guarantee you it's less than what reading stuff on this website will have you think it is. Then again, I say that as someone who runs his headphones with 50 watt speaker amps via balanced custom re-cable jobs. I'm all about the over-kill. But that's because I like it that way. It doesn't mean it's actually needed to physical make a headphone fully dynamic.
You'll find a lot of opinions on driving headphones. Some people seem to think that they require nuclear power plants to sound dynamic. Others realize they are at full volume without even turning up the volume max on a basic device and sound fine.
It's cheaper to try the later, and buy an amp later if your ears don't agree.
orryt .. i had an offer for the e 7 a while .. rejected it coz i thot it couldn't drive the 250 ohm beyers.. orryt I think i ll take a listen anyway..
thanks malveaux! ..
- Needing advice DT990 or Audio Technica AD700 used for Gaming and Music (Electronic)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 38 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic DT770 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3K 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)