- 68 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need help to buy my ideal headphones, for Rock and Metal, between $150 and $200. Last post on 9/26/14 at 6:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R Last post on Yesterday at 10:58 pm in Headphones (full-size)
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
MDR1R vs. DT770LE?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, to me 770's have recessed mids.
I'd say that Sony is finally trying to improve on the tried and true 7506's, and if that is the case then they should be very detailed.
FTR DT770 LE 32 ohms are great to me, the mids are a tad recessed but vocals are still reasonably forward. I do wish the lower midrange was more prominent but overall I'm liking it a lot. Great soundstage for a closed can. It's not quite as fast and punchy as I was hoping and the bass has a little bloat to it, but overall it sounds great. A bit like a full-sized TF10 if you ask me.
the better the amp. the better the DT770 (any ohm) sound. Ive actually read a review (and later tested the theory) that the lower ohm ones are harder to drive than the 250 (600 is still 600). I now own the 250 because the mids were less recessed and they have more detail. But it came at the scrifice of SOME of that "bloated" bass which other will relish, but i do like the 80ohm bass. The 250 bass sounds just as forward and HUGE unless you a/b them multiple times on the same patch of music and then you can see the 80ohm bass is slightly deeper, but less punchy and fast. I like both, but owning both would be a waste of space for more cans as they are too similar and i only have so much room. Id recommend a beyer for any taste, out of the 770 line up i like the 250ohm and the 80, the 32 pro was more like the 600 ohm version with different pads. ... Scratch that... If i had the room i would own them all!
I was going to post a thread with the same question as this thread. The reasons I am considering the Sony MDR-1R or the new Beyer DT250 LE 32 Ohm is because I need a super-comfortable closed can for work. There have been several good comparisons of the Sony MDR-1Rs to the Sennheiser Momentums and the Logitech UE600s, but none of those have included the new 32Ohm DT250 in the comparison...
I was all set to get the Momentums until I got to the part about the small size cups not fitting around many Audiophile sized ears. Unfortunately any headphones I have tried that touch my ears get "ear"itating within an hour.
Also considering the NVX XPT100's or the Philips CitiScapes to name a few more contenders if anyone has heard them in comparison to the dt250 LE.
- MDR1R vs. DT770LE?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 25 seconds ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Which company makes the best car speakers? 3 minutes ago
- › Getting an HTC One M8 need headphones and possibly DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)