- 66 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-1R V.S. V MODA CROSSFADE M-100 Last post on 6/26/14 at 10:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Purchased Sony mdr-1rbtmk2, need bigger ear muffs for my dumbo ears Last post on 6/9/14 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro or Custom One Pro? Last post on 6/20/14 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
MDR1R vs. DT770LE?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, to me 770's have recessed mids.
I'd say that Sony is finally trying to improve on the tried and true 7506's, and if that is the case then they should be very detailed.
FTR DT770 LE 32 ohms are great to me, the mids are a tad recessed but vocals are still reasonably forward. I do wish the lower midrange was more prominent but overall I'm liking it a lot. Great soundstage for a closed can. It's not quite as fast and punchy as I was hoping and the bass has a little bloat to it, but overall it sounds great. A bit like a full-sized TF10 if you ask me.
the better the amp. the better the DT770 (any ohm) sound. Ive actually read a review (and later tested the theory) that the lower ohm ones are harder to drive than the 250 (600 is still 600). I now own the 250 because the mids were less recessed and they have more detail. But it came at the scrifice of SOME of that "bloated" bass which other will relish, but i do like the 80ohm bass. The 250 bass sounds just as forward and HUGE unless you a/b them multiple times on the same patch of music and then you can see the 80ohm bass is slightly deeper, but less punchy and fast. I like both, but owning both would be a waste of space for more cans as they are too similar and i only have so much room. Id recommend a beyer for any taste, out of the 770 line up i like the 250ohm and the 80, the 32 pro was more like the 600 ohm version with different pads. ... Scratch that... If i had the room i would own them all!
I was going to post a thread with the same question as this thread. The reasons I am considering the Sony MDR-1R or the new Beyer DT250 LE 32 Ohm is because I need a super-comfortable closed can for work. There have been several good comparisons of the Sony MDR-1Rs to the Sennheiser Momentums and the Logitech UE600s, but none of those have included the new 32Ohm DT250 in the comparison...
I was all set to get the Momentums until I got to the part about the small size cups not fitting around many Audiophile sized ears. Unfortunately any headphones I have tried that touch my ears get "ear"itating within an hour.
Also considering the NVX XPT100's or the Philips CitiScapes to name a few more contenders if anyone has heard them in comparison to the dt250 LE.
- MDR1R vs. DT770LE?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 21 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 22 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 55 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)