- 66 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Somewhat amazing headphones for $200 for a headphone noob Last post on 3/15/13 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum or Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Last post on 1/15/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can you guys help me choose between these headphones? Last post on 9/21/14 at 1:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- I need help to buy my ideal headphones, for Rock and Metal, between $150 and $200. Last post on 9/26/14 at 6:59am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R Last post on Yesterday at 2:21 pm in Headphones (full-size)
MDR1R vs. DT770LE?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yes, to me 770's have recessed mids.
I'd say that Sony is finally trying to improve on the tried and true 7506's, and if that is the case then they should be very detailed.
FTR DT770 LE 32 ohms are great to me, the mids are a tad recessed but vocals are still reasonably forward. I do wish the lower midrange was more prominent but overall I'm liking it a lot. Great soundstage for a closed can. It's not quite as fast and punchy as I was hoping and the bass has a little bloat to it, but overall it sounds great. A bit like a full-sized TF10 if you ask me.
the better the amp. the better the DT770 (any ohm) sound. Ive actually read a review (and later tested the theory) that the lower ohm ones are harder to drive than the 250 (600 is still 600). I now own the 250 because the mids were less recessed and they have more detail. But it came at the scrifice of SOME of that "bloated" bass which other will relish, but i do like the 80ohm bass. The 250 bass sounds just as forward and HUGE unless you a/b them multiple times on the same patch of music and then you can see the 80ohm bass is slightly deeper, but less punchy and fast. I like both, but owning both would be a waste of space for more cans as they are too similar and i only have so much room. Id recommend a beyer for any taste, out of the 770 line up i like the 250ohm and the 80, the 32 pro was more like the 600 ohm version with different pads. ... Scratch that... If i had the room i would own them all!
I was going to post a thread with the same question as this thread. The reasons I am considering the Sony MDR-1R or the new Beyer DT250 LE 32 Ohm is because I need a super-comfortable closed can for work. There have been several good comparisons of the Sony MDR-1Rs to the Sennheiser Momentums and the Logitech UE600s, but none of those have included the new 32Ohm DT250 in the comparison...
I was all set to get the Momentums until I got to the part about the small size cups not fitting around many Audiophile sized ears. Unfortunately any headphones I have tried that touch my ears get "ear"itating within an hour.
Also considering the NVX XPT100's or the Philips CitiScapes to name a few more contenders if anyone has heard them in comparison to the dt250 LE.
- MDR1R vs. DT770LE?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I have $1000 for audio in my new computer build. Is this my best... 36 seconds ago
- › Closed headphones with sound reassembling the k619-But more flat... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Does every company have their particular sound? 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 4 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)