Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Portable Amps for the ATH-M50s?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO Portable Amps for the ATH-M50s? - Page 2

post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpandbass View Post

Once again, I appreciate your advice. I am getting a Macbook Pro in the spring, so I will see how it fares with powering my M50s, because that is what I will be plugging them into. I heard the MB Pro has a decent enough built in sound card and DAC. It would probably be better for me to get the cans (DT770s), and then see if I need an external amp/DAC or not. Should I make the FiiO E11 second in my list to the E07K?

Since you said they are well built, should I not worry about getting refurbished DT770s for a retailer on ebay?

When the time comes for me to expand my inventory to open backs, is there a definite sound difference (such as in bass amount and highs) between the Sennheiser open-backs like the HD598, HD555 etc, and the AKG K701s?

Apple products in general, have a reputation for coming with decent audio support.

The E11 would make a good second choice.

Hopefully the refurb DT770 seller has a decent return policy.

I'm going to say the Q701 seem to be the preferred headphone for FPS gaming.

post #17 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Apple products in general, have a reputation for coming with decent audio support.

The E11 would make a good second choice.

Hopefully the refurb DT770 seller has a decent return policy.

I'm going to say the Q701 seem to be the preferred headphone for FPS gaming.

Yeah, the seller has a 14 day return policy and the headphones are sold with a 2 year factory warranty. 

 

I never thought Quincy Jones would have gaming in mind. But whatever works. The Q701s are the only celebrity-endorsed headphones I would consider getting. Because Quincy Jones is a BAWSS and actually puts his input into endorsing appropriate headphones. The fact that Dr Dre uses ATH-M50s for studio work isn't a very good endorsement of his own headphones. 

 

Have you heard any sound difference between the 5th generation iPod classic with the Wolfson ship, and the current 7th gen iPod classic?

post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpandbass View Post

Yeah, the seller has a 14 day return policy and the headphones are sold with a 2 year factory warranty. 

 

I never thought Quincy Jones would have gaming in mind. But whatever works. The Q701s are the only celebrity-endorsed headphones I would consider getting. Because Quincy Jones is a BAWSS and actually puts his input into endorsing appropriate headphones. The fact that Dr Dre uses ATH-M50s for studio work isn't a very good endorsement of his own headphones. 

 

Have you heard any sound difference between the 5th generation iPod classic with the Wolfson ship, and the current 7th gen iPod classic?

Sound difference? can't say as I never use any Apple products.

post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Sound difference? can't say as I never use any Apple products.

Ok I see. I heard that the newer classic had tinny sound quality compared to the 5th generation.

post #20 of 20

How would sound be improved through a Fiio E17 portably with a rockboxed Clip+ and at home through USB?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO Portable Amps for the ATH-M50s?