New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. - Page 5

post #61 of 553
Thread Starter 

Yes i know about the CKN70 and plan on getting a pair when it is out. The CKN50 I will have by this weekend. Great little earphones for the price. It looks like AT somehow got to use carbon nanotubes which should be in the CKN70s.. It will be interesting to hear their first use of the technology.

post #62 of 553

Mr. Dsnuts was kind enough to let me listen to these for the past week.  These are well burned in since Ds is a stickler for it.  My thoughts...

 

Bass:  Very well controlled and does not interfere with the rest of the range unless the tune happens to be bass heavy.  Still, the bass does not overtake.  Very well done AT.

 

Midrange:  Possibly the best I've heard in an AT earphone.  Vocals are clear and detailed.  I hear some sibilance but not to the point that it hurts my ears.  Almost every AT earphone that I've heard has sibilance to the point I end up selling them.  If I owned the CKS1000, I would not.

 

Highs:  Smooth, crispy, airy.  Very nicely done.  

 

Soundstage:  The stage along with the midrange might be the best features of this earphone.  The stage is wide and deep and very airy.  

 

Overall, I find this to be the best AT earphone to date.  When I have been listening to it, it has me more engaged to the music than the FXZ100/200 has done.  

 

Thanks for the loan Ds.  

post #63 of 553

Thanks for the detailed reviews! Thinking about pulling the trigger on these.

 

The housing of my FXT90's popped off in a snowstorm and disappeared. 

 

I've been reading these forums for the past few days looking for a new pair.

 

======

 

Preferences: 

 

no over-ear cables as I wear glasses and find them quite finnicky in use (takes out the gr07)

prefer a y-cable over j-cable (or else I would have gotten the xba-3)

no need for amp (source would be either my laptop or my iphone)

 

I listen to chillwave, ambient, indie, alternative, and classical. A solid midrange is therefore important for me for crisp vocals, and a tight, but solid bass.

 

======

 

Hope improvements over FXT90's:

 

tighter bass 

better separation

better isolation since I commute on the subway

 

======

 

I've narrowed it down to the CKS1000, possibly the CKS99i, CKN70, FXZ-100/200.

 

Are there any others I should look into, or would you suggest the CKS1000's over the others? 

 

Thanks 

ksc75smile.gif


Edited by Goombi - 1/20/13 at 1:50pm
post #64 of 553
Thread Starter 

The CKS1000 has a very wide n deep sound. And they do need a good burn in but once they get loose. The smoothness and full mid section is excellent..They are not perfect but for non critical listening on the go these are excellent. However the one area they might not be so good is the microphonics. I don't have an issue with the them but I can see some potential for annoying sound when walking.. Isolation is good however and so is comfort. I do like that they threw in a mic extension and volume slider to use with your smart phones.  The FXZs have less microphonics on their cord also has a nice sound to them as well. But does not have the L jack and smartphone extender these CKS1000 have.

 

Guys that love their smooth mids will like these better.

post #65 of 553
Look What i Brought ^_^
Edited by jrwong28 - 1/20/13 at 6:24pm
post #66 of 553

Thanks Ds! 

 

Just bought a pair from amazon jp. Praise Tenso beerchug.gif

post #67 of 553
Thread Starter 

No doubt. Tenso is a savior. I will never buy from the price gougers that are on ebay. Look forward to everyones take on these earphones..

post #68 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

No doubt. Tenso is a savior. I will never buy from the price gougers that are on ebay. Look forward to everyones take on these earphones..
With my fiio e17+Sony F805 wooooo the sound is ao great i love audio technica always i have headphones ESW9 And ES7 Earphones CK9 and Ckm77
post #69 of 553

Reading the lomenhks' impression about the CKS1000 really confused me on what to choose, if to buy CKM500 or wait a little longer and save money then buy CKS1000. Oh my!.

post #70 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spratly View Post

Reading the lomenhks' impression about the CKS1000 really confused me on what to choose, if to buy CKM500 or wait a little longer and save money then buy CKS1000. Oh my!.

Save for the CKS1000.  It's been awhile since I've owned the CKM500's but these are a nice upgrade and have top-tier sound when even comparing them to AT and other brands that are considered high-end.  I can tell you that these are better than the CKM1000's that I owned.  

post #71 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Save for the CKS1000.  It's been awhile since I've owned the CKM500's but these are a nice upgrade and have top-tier sound when even comparing them to AT and other brands that are considered high-end.  I can tell you that these are better than the CKM1000's that I owned.  

These are better than the CKM1000?. The CKM1000 is twice or thrice the price of the CKS1000 but the latter is still better?. Well then I'll wait a little longer and buy the CKS one. I have a SHE3590 that I can use while I'm saving money ksc75smile.gif.

 

Wait, can I ask about it's microphonics?

post #72 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spratly View Post

These are better than the CKM1000?. The CKM1000 is twice or thrice the price of the CKS1000 but the latter is still better?. Well then I'll wait a little longer and buy the CKS one. I have a SHE3590 that I can use while I'm saving money ksc75smile.gif.

 

Wait, can I ask about it's microphonics?

Microphonics aren't very good.  Probably the only drawback.  As much as I liked the CKM1000's, the treble region was sibilant for me.  The CKS1000's treble seems to be more refined as well as the CKN50.  Seems the newer models are getting better with this regard for me.   

post #73 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post

Microphonics aren't very good.  Probably the only drawback.  As much as I liked the CKM1000's, the treble region was sibilant for me.  The CKS1000's treble seems to be more refined as well as the CKN50.  Seems the newer models are getting better with this regard for me.   

 

It's also my problem when choosing an IEM, treble siblance. If the treble is more refined in CKS1000 as you've said, then this IEM would be the best choice for me. If there is microphonics, for me it wouldn't be a problem, hehe.

post #74 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spratly View Post

 

It's also my problem when choosing an IEM, treble siblance. If the treble is more refined in CKS1000 as you've said, then this IEM would be the best choice for me. If there is microphonics, for me it wouldn't be a problem, hehe.

The pair I am using has well over 100 hours I believe so it's fully burnt in.  I have heard some sibilance on vocals but nothing like I've heard from most other AT earphones.  I am very sensitive to it so many others shouldn't have a problem.  These are hard to wear over-ear so the microphonics will be there unfortunately.  It is the best sounding AT earphone I've heard to date.  

post #75 of 553

Going for this IEM, quite exited to have this on my hands. very_evil_smiley.gif . Thanks for your opinion DannyBai.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: