New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. - Page 28

post #406 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post


As far as Iam concerned they do stick out a lot from the ears. It really is an odd shape just like JVC FXZ200, resulting somehow in an awkward fitting. Its not bad but far from ideal.Thats one of the reasons I sold mine some time ago. Too ugly and almost ridiculous in a way, but the sound is very good. For me, UE900, Westone 4r and PFE 232 are the best in comfort fitting, very light yet powerful giving the feeling theres nothing in your ears together with excellent isolation.
Of course this is my humble opinion.
My search continues...

I would be inclined to disagree with this, I have just received mine and although they stick out a little ways, they are not awkward or uncomfortable in the slightest, and fit very well, better then most previous IEMs I have had.  That said, it all comes down to the shape of your ear really.

post #407 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbspsalms View Post

Would you be able to put a photo of them inside your ear, I want to see how much they stick out.

As far as Iam concerned they do stick out a lot from the ears. It really is an odd shape just like JVC FXZ200, resulting somehow in an awkward fitting. Its not bad but far from ideal.Thats one of the reasons I sold mine some time ago. Too ugly and almost ridiculous in a way, but the sound is very good. For me, UE900, Westone 4r and PFE 232 are the best in comfort fitting, very light yet powerful giving the feeling theres nothing in your ears together with excellent isolation.
Of course this is my humble opinion.
My search continues...

I'd agree on the comfort front, have the PFE 132 and the Westone 4, similar size wise to yours, very comfortable in ear. Do like the sound on the 1K's, when I get a good seal, still working on it...

post #408 of 553

I'm seriously considering these IEMs at the moment. 

 

Can anyone compare these to the sound of the GR07s or TDK BA200s? 

 

And also the TF10s or UE900s, if anyone has them. 

post #409 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopDropNTroll View Post

I'm seriously considering these IEMs at the moment. 

 

Can anyone compare these to the sound of the GR07s or TDK BA200s? 

 

And also the TF10s or UE900s, if anyone has them. 

As am I. It's between these and the Fidelio S2 for me, possibly the RE-400 too.

post #410 of 553
Well, I didnt say fitting is bad, its just there are better options. CKS1000 is a very good IEM. I named those phones because after trying dozens of them I realized fitting, comfort and isolation play an important role and are key points in choosing an IEM for me. Recently I also sold the excellent Sony XBA 40 for the same reason ( and because Im an ex basshead) . If you like Audio Technica I strongly suggest CK100PRO for the non basshead like me:)
post #411 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by sect44 View Post

Well, I didnt say fitting is bad, its just there are better options. CKS1000 is a very good IEM. I named those phones because after trying dozens of them I realized fitting, comfort and isolation play an important role and are key points in choosing an IEM for me. Recently I also sold the excellent Sony XBA 40 for the same reason ( and because Im an ex basshead) . If you like Audio Technica I strongly suggest CK100PRO for the non basshead like me:)

Speaking of the 40s, how does it compare to the cks1000s? I'm pretty much looking for an upgrade to the 40s but haven't had any luck. The soundstage, immersion, great lowend gets me each time
post #412 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post


Speaking of the 40s, how does it compare to the cks1000s? I'm pretty much looking for an upgrade to the 40s but haven't had any luck. The soundstage, immersion, great lowend gets me each time

 

You should try the 1k's if you can. Their soundstage, immersion and great lowend (and mids and treble!) get me each time! :)

 

That's why I'll never get rid of them.

post #413 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

You should try the 1k's if you can. Their soundstage, immersion and great lowend (and mids and treble!) get me each time! :)

 

That's why I'll never get rid of them.

I'm currently fiending for a pair!

 

amazon jp has'em for $170 - should I wait till it drops or is there another cheaper place I could get'em? 

post #414 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

You should try the 1k's if you can. Their soundstage, immersion and great lowend (and mids and treble!) get me each time! :)

 

That's why I'll never get rid of them.

Can you wear the 1k's over the ear? 

post #415 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopDropNTroll View Post

Can you wear the 1k's over the ear? 

 

With the long stems and angled nozzles, it would be very difficult/awkward to wear over ear.
post #416 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1 View Post

I'm currently fiending for a pair!

 

amazon jp has'em for $170 - should I wait till it drops or is there another cheaper place I could get'em? 

 

They have gone as low as $130 on amazon.jp I think. The big question is "will they go down again?". I don't know of any other cheaper places to get them though. Maybe you will find some in the FS forum for a good price. Good luck!

post #417 of 553
Being dynamics, how is the sound leakage compared to the h200s? I've read that the isolation is average at best
post #418 of 553
Just received these yesterday.

In terms of the sound leakage, they are better than most dynamics as the closed in shape an design seems to isolate the sound well, no issues with fit either.

Upon first out of the box listen, it is very smooth sounding. I can definitely see the immersion quality, and the soundstage is wider if not as wide as the xba-40s. However, another head-fier described the sound upon open box the best; it's sounds like a wall of sound comin at you. So far the 40s have better treble refinement and clarity at the lack of the immersion quality the 1000s have. I do know that these need quite a bit of burn in before it showcases its true colors. Could I expect the "wall of sound" and mids to open up nicely after? Additionally, could i expect the bass to tighten up as well? (Owned mostly BA phones so bear with me smily_headphones1.gif )
post #419 of 553
Thread Starter 

They sound immensely better with burn in.. I wasn't too thrilled with them on open box to be honest..What your hearing is just an idea of what they kinda sound like. Everything tightens up on the sound..I know many guys ended up selling their non broken in CKS1000 in that state I can understand why. However they transform into something that will make a believer of non burn in folks...For something that cost as much you figure AT would have burned them in. They need a good driver pounding for a good 2 weeks. Lol. 

 

If you stick with it. There is a maturing process to them drivers. It is kinda whack in that it does take a long burn in process for them to get there.


Edited by Dsnuts - 7/17/13 at 8:09am
post #420 of 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

They sound immensely better with burn in.. I wasn't too thrilled with them on open box to be honest..What your hearing is just an idea of what they kinda sound like. Everything tightens up on the sound..I know many guys ended up selling their non broken in CKS1000 in that state I can understand why. However they transform into something that will make a believer of non burn in folks...For something that cost as much you figure AT would have burned them in. They need a good driver pounding for a good 2 weeks. Lol. 

 

If you stick with it. There is a maturing process to them drivers. It is kinda whack in that it does take a long burn in process for them to get there.

Thanks,

 

Do you recommend burning them in with bass-heavy tracks (as I'm doing now via my Bassnectar discography)

 

or would a white noise/pink noise/freq sweep be more beneficial (via this burn-in site: http://www.jlabaudio.com/index/burn-in)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: