New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. - Page 26

post #376 of 552

I am doubtful about the bass of H-200 but can anyone tell me how does the bass of CKS1000 sound like??? pls check the links that i have posted, these are the most common genre's I listen to...

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7dDzeVNjRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHaxtbxXqIo

 

but for everything :

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MztSXSJqWTg

 

based on 

 

 

Last link: Interesting feeling here. Atmospheric feeling bass with great clarity and mid. 

Second link: To be honest, bass isn't too punchy on this song. It could be due to low quality file uploading on youtube, but I feel like the genre matches well with H-200.

First link: Bass shined. Deep sub bass and quick mid bass. Mids stayed clear through the entire song.

 

But here a down side: it may not be perfect for songs requiring huge sound stage. But that's just me being really picky. No iem has the soundstage/resolution that I wanted besides the UERM.

 

Anyways, the set up I used was Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII, which is known to be flat. With E11, you will find that there is more bass impact and warmth from these iems. I feel like the first and the last song matches well with H-200. 

 

Also, about ATH iems. I personally have nothing against, AT, but they just don't have good clarity. If you are used to RE400, you will most likely find them muddy and unclean.

 

 

 

Thanks!!!

 

 

 

 


Edited by dSmurf - 6/18/13 at 6:11am
post #377 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Don't listen to that Ericp10 dude - he's just got new toy syndrome is all! ph34r.gif  wink.gif

 

Just joshing. The H-200's appear to be very nice. Enjoy!

beerchug.gif

post #378 of 552

Just received these pairs of CKS , and all I can say is WOW . Seriously , they're really good (although it's not that clear as other iems <sorry I don't really know how to describe in a professional way tongue.gif>) But the bass is , really , I don't expect it in a $170-$180 tier iems but Audio-Technica did it again . These are highly recommended . Thanks Dsnuts for the review . You helped me saved a hell load of money . beerchug.gif 


PS: I bought it for $157usd including shipping to my country . 

 

By the way do these need burn-ins ? If they need I reckon the CKS1000 would even be better .

 

Dsnuts , any other recommendation for Audio-Technica  budget and 'Legendary' iems ? smily_headphones1.gif


Edited by hilosxdd - 6/21/13 at 1:40am
post #379 of 552
Thread Starter 

Ya they are NOT that clear on open box. That is why I was kinda wishy washy on them myself on open box. Seriously. I am gonna make a rule on these. YOU MUST BURN THEM IN.. We are talking a solid 200 plus hours..

 

They become a different beast all together after..They don't win all them awards sounding like they do on open box.. The driver actually goes through a maturation process when you burn them in. If you don't believe me listen to them every half day of burn in and you will hear the various changes. At one point the mids sounded swirly like there was too much air in the mids. The highs straighten out and overall the cohesion of the sound becomes unbelievable...

 

Burn in is highly recommended.. Throw down your bassiest tacks. Punish them drivers and they will transform to something you might not be prepared for. Lol. Absolutely a necessity.

post #380 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilosxdd View Post

Just received these pairs of CKS , and all I can say is WOW . Seriously , they're really good (although it's not that clear as other iems <sorry I don't really know how to describe in a professional way tongue.gif>) But the bass is , really , I don't expect it in a $170-$180 tier iems but Audio-Technica did it again . These are highly recommended . Thanks Dsnuts for the review . You helped me saved a hell load of money . beerchug.gif 


PS: I bought it for $157usd including shipping to my country . 

 

By the way do these need burn-ins ? If they need I reckon the CKS1000 would even be better .

 

Dsnuts , any other recommendation for Audio-Technica  budget and 'Legendary' iems ? smily_headphones1.gif

WOW thats really cheap... i live in the Philippines is there anyway i can buy those for the same price or plus the shipping fee?? cause in amazon total cost is around $180+... pls pm me... thx... 

post #381 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by dSmurf View Post

WOW thats really cheap... i live in the Philippines is there anyway i can buy those for the same price or plus the shipping fee?? cause in amazon total cost is around $180+... pls pm me... thx... 

 

They are 13453 yen ($138US) at amazon japan. Tenso shipping to Canada for iem's usually works out to $20, so it shouldn't be more than that to the Philippines (you can use the tool at the bottom of this page). So there is your $158US!

post #382 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

They are 13453 yen ($138US) at amazon japan. Tenso shipping to Canada for iem's usually works out to $20, so it shouldn't be more than that to the Philippines (you can use the tool at the bottom of this page). So there is your $158US!

1 problem :( i don't know what to do in the amazon.com.jp page since its all written in japanese :(

post #383 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by dSmurf View Post

1 problem :( i don't know what to do in the amazon.com.jp page since its all written in japanese :(


The Jpnese got this ALL figured out.  They have an English version those smart bastards!!!

 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

post #384 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post


The Jpnese got this ALL figured out.  They have an English version those smart bastards!!!

 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b?ie=UTF8&node=1094656

2 THUMBS UP !!! :) ksc75smile.gif THX THX!!!

post #385 of 552

OK, actually got thru 21 pages of this thread, maybe the rest later, eyes hurting now. Just got the 1K...had to hear what the fuss was about (as many have said, gotta stop reading these threads...). Anyway, out of the box (got them used, so have some burn in,but probably not full), they are amazingly engaging. Words like holographic, technicolor, 3-D, grab-you-by-the-khazatskas, exciting, come to mind, There seems to be more "there" there. Some issues...fit, for one. I have trouble with seal in general, these are really hard for me. Tip suggestions? The chamber part doesn't seem to allow the tip far enough in to get a good seal.(no one else experiences this?). I did hear some interesting things, though. Listening to Valley Lounge, one of my new favorites, I find that some guitar lines, which I hear clearly through other 'phones (have tried the Phonak, Senn 650), get harder to hear in part of the range they go through (these are detail oriented). Maybe just need better seal or me acclimating. The fit is interesting, because I find the cks70, which uses a ring in the outer ear, but seems designed with a similar fit in mind,is very comfortable. Ideas? Comments?

post #386 of 552
Thread Starter 

You have to be able to fit the disc inside your outer canal and the nozzle part inside your canal.. Don't know if they will fit correctly if you can't get the dish part into the outer canal kinda like how you would fit a ear bud in your ear. Try smaller or larger tips that you usually use. Might help. Experiment with what you got. I prefer tips that have a wider bore than the stock nozzle end. Seems to bring out the best aspects of the sound vs a narrow bore like a hybrid...


Edited by Dsnuts - 6/29/13 at 6:10pm
post #387 of 552

I really love the GR07/VSD1 double flanged tips with the CSK1000. Perfect fit for me. Perfect sound.

post #388 of 552

Hmmm...have to look for the GR07, got a pair, but the tips are in a big bag full of tips, see if I can pick them out. I read earlier about Senn tips, ordered on ebay, see how those work. I can hear what these things sound like when I hold them in place-fun sound sig, makes everything JUMP. Never could see how anyone  wore ear buds, never could stand them. 

post #389 of 552
I like the meelec boflange or sennheiser biflange best myself. The meelec is the one i sent with tjem....

Ps....they were burned in using the jbl burnin track for 100hrs. It uses pink and white noise as well as pther stuff.
post #390 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

You have to be able to fit the disc inside your outer canal and the nozzle part inside your canal.. Don't know if they will fit correctly if you can't get the dish part into the outer canal kinda like how you would fit a ear bud in your ear. Try smaller or larger tips that you usually use. Might help. Experiment with what you got. I prefer tips that have a wider bore than the stock nozzle end. Seems to bring out the best aspects of the sound vs a narrow bore like a hybrid...

What tips do you use? Not got these yet but wanna be prepared, hee biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: