New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. - Page 16

post #226 of 552

What's fun is that Inks exposes himself.

 

"Burn in doesn't change much" but Wayne should wait as the CKS1000 will change a lot for the worse and match the graph with time. 

 

The XBA4 and XBA40, which have been proven to be so picky and change so much with sources and tips. So, most people know this but Inks says they only act one way with that much impedance regardless of the rest of the chain. With the right tips, they are not harsh with that impedance. That you don't experiment enough is your loss in the end. The way it sounds would be right up your alley.

 

We all know that the consensus is the true test of a phone. One or two people is not enough to be valid so no we are not going to trust any two people over the consensus which(though still young) is telling us the CKS1000 is a solid choice in it's price bracket. Remember no one said more than it is really good(not better than a K3003 or IE800 etc.) and then Inks countered with "it's crap". Could have just said that it doesn't seem to be good to me or something less arrogant thus starting the banter. If you follow the scientific method and hold data and measurements so highly then you know how much you have to repeat an experiment and record the results till your theory(it's crap) is valid.

 

In the end it seems to more about being right/knowing more/telling people what they should do instead of putting forth an opinion in a way that could help push others in right direction and not try to demean or insult their opinions. The people who like the phone don't want you to call it crap. And I, who have been around here quite a bit longer than Inks, don't want to hear him tell me what something can end up sounding like. I have been tweaking and fixing flaws before he even started measuring them. The difference is that I am fine with people liking what they like and I know that things don't sound the same for different ears and probably totally different set-ups


Edited by jant71 - 4/16/13 at 10:49am
post #227 of 552

^ Beautifully put jant71. Bravo.

post #228 of 552

Inks, you did fine by posting the FR response graph and what you thought about it.  After then, the way you have treated "observers" you being a "theorist", forces you to become a scientist.  You are gonna have to listen to the ATH-CKS1000 and confirm your conclusion with observation, to hold an honorable position in this thread.

 

I am looking forward to hear (or rather read) what you have to say after you put together observation and theory.  I have been thinking about getting the ATH-CKS1000.  Your input from observation + theory will be a solid one to help me make the right decision.  It will also be a solid one to show that you are not treating the observers as being stupid, without (or before) seing the mountain from their position.


Edited by Alberto01 - 4/17/13 at 11:58am
post #229 of 552

There's a simple way to find out if an IEM is just a FOTM or more:

 

How many of the current owners will use them in a year?

 

If the phone is that great most users should keep them for a loooong time, right?
 

post #230 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

Inks, you did fine by posting the FR response graph and what you thought about it.  After then, the way you have treated "observers" you being a "theorist", forces you to become a scientist.  You are gonna have to listen to the ATH-CKS1000 and confirm your conclusion with observation, to hold an honorable position in this thread.

 

I am looking forward to hear (or rather read) what you have to say after you put together observation and theory.  I have been thinking about getting the ATH-CKS1000.  Your input from observation + theory will be a solid one to help me make the right decision.  It will also be a solid one to show that you are not treating the observers as being stupid, without (or before) seeing the mountain from their position.


And this goes both ways.  If Inks has had experience with a lot of FR response graphs, his interpretation of the ATH-CKS1000 graph should not be taken as meaningless.


Edited by Alberto01 - 4/17/13 at 11:59am
post #231 of 552
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffeemann View Post

There's a simple way to find out if an IEM is just a FOTM or more:

 

How many of the current owners will use them in a year?

 

If the phone is that great most users should keep them for a loooong time, right?
 


For me personally. I still use my CKS1000 whenever I can. I am busy with school n all now a days so I don't get to hear my headphones and iems as much as I used to but the CKS1000 is easily one of 3 I grab on the go.

 

There are some things that happens with the CKS1000 that people should be aware of. First they need a fairly long break in period..Upon rereading my original impressions of these earphones. I was not as impressed out of box as I thought I would be in fact I was somewhat disappointed.

 

I expected to be wowed by these and this was at the same time my earphones of choice was the JVC FXZ200s.. But my prior experiences with AT dynamics is. They all need a big time burn in to sound their best. So while I was enjoying my FXZ200. I kept the CKS1000s on the burn in. My pair has well over 400 plus hours of burn in and use and what happened was they took over my FXZ200s for top dynamic among my collection.. These are sleepers. And what I mean by sleepers. You have to own them, burn them in real good and use them to know what we are talking about here and why we enjoy them so much. It does not wow on open box but will creep up on you like no other iem.

 

The way my pair sounds is nothing short of engaging and just down right immersive, enjoyable X 10.. There was a few guys that mentioned how these are better than ATs flagship CKM1000 and CKW1000.. I have never heard those myself but that would not surprise me one bit... Guys that are not patient with burn in or want that immediate satisfaction will not get to hear these the way myself, ericp, Wayne will hear them..


So a bit of warning. These do sound a bit off from open box. The drivers do go though a break in period. They sound fairly cheap on open box but once they get fully loose..

 

I would not sell my pair of CKS1000 for nothing... One of my all time favorites. Perhaps the best single dynamic earphone on the planet.  That is just my opinion.

post #232 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post


For me personally. I still use my CKS1000 whenever I can. I am busy with school n all now a days so I don't get to hear my headphones and iems as much as I used to but the CKS1000 is easily one of 3 I grab on the go.

 

There are some things that happens with the CKS1000 that people should be aware of. First they need a fairly long break in period..Upon rereading my original impressions of these earphones. I was not as impressed out of box as I thought I would be in fact I was somewhat disappointed.

 

I expected to be wowed by these and this was at the same time my earphones of choice was the JVC FXZ200s.. But my prior experiences with AT dynamics is. They all need a big time burn in to sound their best. So while I was enjoying my FXZ200. I kept the CKS1000s on the burn in. My pair has well over 400 plus hours of burn in and use and what happened was they took over my FXZ200s for top dynamic among my collection.. These are sleepers. And what I mean by sleepers. You have to own them, burn them in real good and use them to know what we are talking about here and why we enjoy them so much. It does not wow on open box but will creep up on you like no other iem.

 

The way my pair sounds is nothing short of engaging and just down right immersive, enjoyable X 10.. There was a few guys that mentioned how these are better than ATs flagship CKM1000 and CKW1000.. I have never heard those myself but that would not surprise me one bit... Guys that are not patient with burn in or want that immediate satisfaction will not get to hear these the way myself, ericp, Wayne will hear them..


So a bit of warning. These do sound a bit off from open box. The drivers do go though a break in period. They sound fairly cheap on open box but once they get fully loose..

 

I would not sell my pair of CKS1000 for nothing... One of my all time favorites. Perhaps the best single dynamic earphone on the planet.  That is just my opinion.

beerchug.gif

 

 

I only listen to custom V6 more. Today I gave the CKS1000 a break to spend some time with the CKN70. Those are fantastic, but doesn't touch the CKS1000. I do expect the ASG-2 to give the CKS1000 a run for my ear time once my pair comes in. Everything else I own right now is close but no cigar. 

And as far as people talking about them not being compared to the continual hype of the GR07, well way more people have the Vsonic, it's cheaper, and it's easier to get than the CKS1000. So that makes sense to me. The few of us who has one have made our points and moved on unless asked a direct question about the IEM. So I really don't see this IEM as getting overhyped. I actually don't care if another soul purchase this IEM. I am very happy with it, and I know most of the guys who have heard it are happy with it too.

 

post #233 of 552

Treat your ears with the CKS1000!

 

 

post #234 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaffeemann View Post

There's a simple way to find out if an IEM is just a FOTM or more:

 

How many of the current owners will use them in a year?

 

If the phone is that great most users should keep them for a loooong time, right?
 


beerchug.gif

post #235 of 552

Gotta say, I'm a bit stunned with the CKS1000's. I've never heard iem's sound so full and engaging. I didn't even think it was possible actually - I assumed that I was just a headphone guy and that I would always prefer my AD900X's and WS99's over any iems if I wanted that full, layered, refined sound with a great soundstage. But in 1 day, these 1K's have changed that. Wow - blown away.

 

*These comments are not in accordance with scientific fact so please don't get sucked into what I am saying just because I personally find the CSK1000s to be wonderful.

 

post #236 of 552

^ LMAO @ the disclaimer.

 

deadhorse.gif

post #237 of 552

Ok, Inks has been allowed back in. Keep to the discussion of opinions and not discussion of people please. smile.gif

post #238 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Gotta say, I'm a bit stunned with the CKS1000's. I've never heard iem's sound so full and engaging. I didn't even think it was possible actually - I assumed that I was just a headphone guy and that I would always prefer my AD900X's and WS99's over any iems if I wanted that full, layered, refined sound with a great soundstage. But in 1 day, these 1K's have changed that. Wow - blown away.

 

*These comments are not in accordance with scientific fact so please don't get sucked into what I am saying just because I personally find the CSK1000s to be wonderful.

 

 

One correction here:  "These comments are not in accordance to scientific fact so please....."  should read  "This comments are not in accordance to quantitative measurements so please...."  Why?

 

"Science" means "knowledge" about something.  Even the word "doctrine" from which the word "doctor" comes, is scientific when its application demonstrates that the doctrine (or explanation of how something works) is able to predict cause and effect results or at least correlation, no matter how you arrived to the explanation.

 

The scientific method starts with observation and ends with a conclusion or doctrine or theory.  All steps in between those two, must fit or match with what is observed.  Otherwise, the doctrine or theory is not accepted as valid by the scientific method.

 

There is no science without observation.  Your perception of a "full and engaging sound" and Inks' graph are both scientific facts.  Obviously, your audio signature taste has to be taken into account to interpret your observation.  But, that does not make it unreal or unworthy of consideration.


Edited by Alberto01 - 4/17/13 at 10:41am
post #239 of 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post

 

One correction here:  "These comments are not in accordance to scientific fact so please....."  should read  "This comments are not in accordance to quantitative measurements so please...."  Why?

 

"Science" means "knowledge" about something.  Even the word "doctrine" from which the word "doctor" comes, is scientific when its application demonstrates that the doctrine (or explanation of how something works) is able to predict cause and effect results or at least correlation, no matter how you arrived to the explanation.

 

The scientific method starts with observation and ends with a conclusion or doctrine or theory.  All steps in between those two, must fit or match with what is observed.  Otherwise, the doctrine or theory is not accepted as valid by the scientific method.

 

There is no science without observation.  Your perception of a "full and engaging sound" and Inks' graph are both scientific facts.  Obviously, your audio signature taste has to be taken into account to interpret your observation.  But, that does not make it unreal or unworthy of consideration.

 

Thanks! That will be much better if when I need blather on about how great these things are again biggrin.gif

post #240 of 552

Sf... I don't want to pollute the GR07BE thread with CSK1000 talk, so here is my response to you...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

You're talking about those ATH 1Ks no??? confused_face.gif

 

Yuppers. I can't compare the bass quantity/quality to the fxz200's, but it's not like anything I've experienced before. I'm not sure if it's the dual chambers or what, but the bass is very impressive  - similar to the ws99's bass. Very nice mids - instruments and vocals are wonderful. And the treble is energetic, engaging, sparkly and detailed without being sibilant (thank goodness). Combine the crazy ass good bass, beautiful mids and an engaging treble, and it makes for a pretty amazing sound. Kind of like the BE's put on some kind of magic amp that really fills out their sound - no flatness/thinness with the 1k's, that's for sure.

 

Also, a very wide soundstage and great imaging (instruments are all over the place), with lovely layering doesn't hurt. Overall makes for a full, engaging, immersive and very fun listen that for me makes songs come alive and sound their best. For example, I find myself getting lost in songs that I don't even care for all that much because I am appreciating different aspects of them more - they just sound better. And for the songs that I love, well, it's mesmerizing. They seem to work for all sorts of genres, and are very easy to drive, and have no need for an amp (and no need for bass boost).

 

So yeah baby, 1K's.

 

* Disclaimer: These opinions & comments may not be in accordance to quantitative measurements, so please consider yourself warned!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: