Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TOP IEMS IN CERTAIN PRICE BRACKETS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TOP IEMS IN CERTAIN PRICE BRACKETS. - Page 2

post #16 of 34

1. Nothing

2. Sennheiser CX300-II

3.MC5

4. HF5, Shure 215

post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

1. Nothing

2. Sennheiser CX300-II

3.MC5

4. HF5, Shure 215


CX300? Those things can be good for EDM, but if you're looking for honest sound they are crappy for any price.

 

edit: At least I gave mine away after a while ^^

post #18 of 34

I very strongly disagree with the Etymotic MC5 recommendation, and slightly less so with the Shure 215 recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squallkiercosa View Post

1. Nothing

2. Sennheiser CX300-II

3.MC5

4. HF5, Shure 215

post #19 of 34

Third bracket the GR04 is very good and I think it sounds better than the hyped up MH1.  For the 5th bracket it has to be the Rockit R-50 and BA200, both have sound quality that's as good as IEM's $200 and up.  In the last one I's have to say the e-Q5/7 would be my choice there but if you can find the Earsonics SM2 for around $250 that's would be just as good I think.

post #20 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

Ok. Here's the deal. Sometime in the next 3 months I will be purchasing tons of great iems for the sake of comparison and finally sticking to one.

The thing though is. I want to divide them in price brackets so I know which ones to treat anyhow and which ones to treat like a newborn babe.

 

I need up to 10 recommendations for the first 2 price brackets, 5 from the next two, and 3 from the others.

 

First bracket: $0-15

Second bracket: $16-45

Third bracket: $46-75

Fourth bracket:$76-99

Fifth bracket: $100-150

Sixth bracket: $151-250

 

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the input.

 

Don't expect the comparisons anytime soon. I'm just building a list for now.

And by the way, NONE must have any hint of harshness or sibilance. If they do, it should be very very minimal.

1. Phillips 3580

2. Vsonic Gr02 Bass Edition, Vsonic VC02(removable cables!), Sony Mh1c

3. Hifiman RE0

4. Ety HF5

5. Re-262, Rockit Sounds R-50

6. Gr07 MKII, Vsonic Gr01, Hifiman RE-272, Ety Er4P

 

Definitely Subscribed :D

post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

I very strongly disagree with the Etymotic MC5 recommendation, and slightly less so with the Shure 215 recommendation.
You are probably right, the mc5 are honestly boring, but they are clear enough. I like detachables cables and the shape of the shures . Sound quality is a subjective matter
post #22 of 34

X2 for the Monoprice 8320 for the first bracket. Haven't heard any of them yet, but the Rock-It Sounds R-20 ($40), R-30 ($70) and R-50 ($120) all got value ratings of 10/10 in |joker|'s comparison thread, you might want to look into those.

post #23 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post

1. Phillips 3580

2. Vsonic Gr02 Bass Edition, Vsonic VC02(removable cables!), Sony Mh1c

3. Hifiman RE0

4. Ety HF5

5. Re-262, Rockit Sounds R-50

6. Gr07 MKII, Vsonic Gr01, Hifiman RE-272, Ety Er4P

 

Definitely Subscribed :D

My list looks almost exactly like this

Only put Monoprice 8320 in tier 1  then it's good to go.

I'm sure you're one of analytical iems fan, phantompersona biggrin.gif

post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

Ok. Here's the deal. Sometime in the next 3 months I will be purchasing tons of great iems for the sake of comparison and finally sticking to one.

The thing though is. I want to divide them in price brackets so I know which ones to treat anyhow and which ones to treat like a newborn babe.

 

I need up to 10 recommendations for the first 2 price brackets, 5 from the next two, and 3 from the others.

 

First bracket: $0-15

Second bracket: $16-45

Third bracket: $46-75

Fourth bracket:$76-99

Fifth bracket: $100-150

Sixth bracket: $151-250

 

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the input.

 

Don't expect the comparisons anytime soon. I'm just building a list for now.

And by the way, NONE must have any hint of harshness or sibilance. If they do, it should be very very minimal.

 

 

 

1. Monoprice 8320, JVC FX40

2. MH1C, Earpods (I'm dead serious), AT CKM50

3. Vsonic GR06, GR04, VC02 (not too sure about this one, haven't heard it yet).

4. Ety HF5 (depending where you look), JVC FXD80 (seriously overlooked)

5. EPH-100 (if you can look past the strange treble), EX600

6. GR07 MKII (I think you already have one), ASG-1.2 (with highs eq'ed up), Senn IE8 (not the IE80. That sounded grainy)

 

Good luck.

post #25 of 34

One that I've seen a few have on they're list is the Dunu IC3-S and I really think that's a bad sounding IEM.  I trade an IEM that I got free for a pair and I'm glad I didn't have to pay for them because at around $100 new is way over priced imo.  The sound grainy and a bit muddy and lack clarity compared to other BA's in the same price range like the HF5 and A161p not to mention the R-50, I I'd stay away from those.

 

Any of the TWFK based IEM's are going to sound good and of the under $200 ones I think the R-50 and GR01 are the 2 best but I want to hear the Astrotec AX-7 which is around $135 from lendmeurears.

post #26 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

One that I've seen a few have on they're list is the Dunu IC3-S and I really think that's a bad sounding IEM.  I trade an IEM that I got free for a pair and I'm glad I didn't have to pay for them because at around $100 new is way over priced imo.  The sound grainy and a bit muddy and lack clarity compared to other BA's in the same price range like the HF5 and A161p not to mention the R-50, I I'd stay away from those.

 

Any of the TWFK based IEM's are going to sound good and of the under $200 ones I think the R-50 and GR01 are the 2 best but I want to hear the Astrotec AX-7 which is around $135 from lendmeurears.

If you traded for some that came from LendMeUrEars its possible you got shafted with a faulty product. There is a thread floating around about them right now and their warranty practices being shady.

 

The I3CS is a very clear IEM although not as clear as the Ety's. You have to remember the Ety's vs the I3CS are not after the same sound signature. The Ety's are meant to sound crystal clear and basically lack in everything else. They have no low end extension, where as the I3CS is almost the exact opposite and focuses on the lower end of the spectrum.


Edited by whitedragon551 - 12/28/12 at 9:40pm
post #27 of 34

1st bracket - soundmagic es 18/ sony mdr ex 60 lp( very detailed but harsh and sibilant)

2nd bracket - sony mh1c / apple ear pods

3rd bracket - not heard any 

4th bracket - gh-erc-dms(best value) 

5th bracket - ?

6th bracket - hifiman re 272!!!

post #28 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

Ok. Here's the deal. Sometime in the next 3 months I will be purchasing tons of great iems for the sake of comparison and finally sticking to one.

The thing though is. I want to divide them in price brackets so I know which ones to treat anyhow and which ones to treat like a newborn babe.

 

I need up to 10 recommendations for the first 2 price brackets, 5 from the next two, and 3 from the others.

 

First bracket: $0-15

Second bracket: $16-45

Third bracket: $46-75

Fourth bracket:$76-99

Fifth bracket: $100-150

Sixth bracket: $151-250

 

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the input.

 

Don't expect the comparisons anytime soon. I'm just building a list for now.

And by the way, NONE must have any hint of harshness or sibilance. If they do, it should be very very minimal.


hmmm...

 

First bracket: Monoprice 8320, Philips SHE3590

Second bracket: VSonic GR99, JVC HA-FX40, Dunu Trident, VSonic GR02 Bass Edition, Astrotec AM-90, Rockit Sounds R-20

Third bracket: Fischer Eterna v1, Fischer Silver Bullet, Fischer Consonance, UE400/500, Vsonic GR06

Fourth bracket: Head-direct RE0, Shure SE215, Spider RealVoice

Fifth bracket: Etymotic Research HF5, Brainwavz B2, Rockit Sounds R-50, Fischer Tandem, Meelec A161p, Yamaha EPH-100, JVC HA-FXT90, Creative Aurvana Inear3

Sixth bracket: TDK BA200, Westone 2, Earsonics SM2, Vsonic GR07 MKII, Futuresonics MG7 Pro, Klipsch X10 (floats around fourth to sixth price bracket), VSonic GR01

post #29 of 34

First: FX40

Second: MH1C, AF33, R1

Third: AF45, FXD70

Fourth: CKM500

Fifth: TDK IE800, TDK BA200, AF56, GR07, RE262, FXD80, 

Sixth: FXZ100

post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

First: FX40

Second: MH1C, AF33, R1

Third: AF45, FXD70

Fourth: CKM500

Fifth: TDK IE800, TDK BA200, AF56, GR07, RE262, FXD80, 

Sixth: FXZ100

 

Whats better the Audiofly AF56 or the IE800?  I know the AF78 really isn't very good at all but I don't know much about the AF56 dynamic driver.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › TOP IEMS IN CERTAIN PRICE BRACKETS.