Let me start of by saying, that I am completely new to the world of headphones. I have never bought a pair of headphones in my life and usually use ones that come bundled with my devices.
I am going on an international trip next week and will be flying for a cumulative 40 hours and would like a nice comfortable pair of headphones that will not break the bank. I usually listen to my current iPhone bundled headphones with the following devices: iPhone 5 while on the move or my iPod Classic in the Gym and my MacBook Pro while at home.
I mostly listen to music downloaded through Spotify and have an eclectic mix of the Billboard 100, American Indie Rock (Two Door Cinema Club, Passion Pit, Foster the People, Back Keys etc.), some Electro Swing & a little bit of "Hip-Pop" & House.
These are the things, I care about ranked in order of preference:
1) Sound Quality - I've lived with generic headphones all my life so I would like to see what the light side of the force looks like.
2) Comfort - Apple headphones hurt after a while. I would like something comfortable than what I use right now.
3) Sound leakage - I am very particular about not disrespecting other people's spaces and would like something that keeps the song within my ears. Having said that I typically listen to music at about 50 to 60% volume on my iPhone and iPod.
4) Sound Isolation - I am going to be flying a lot so it's going to be pretty noisy - Something to keep the engine noise out would be nice.
5) Price - Under $100 please.
6) Portability - I will not use the over the ear ones at the Gym so I am okay if they are on the medium to bulkier side as I will carry a backpack around with me.
7) Bonus Features - Detachable cord would be nice as would an inline remote to control my Apple products and I prefer one wire to two (However these are not deal breakers) - Also, a little color and a smart design would be cool (I know people dislike the Beats here for a variety of reasons but I think the Beats Executive Pro look quite sharp in Red, Silver & Black).
Finally, if possible I would like to pick these up from BestBuy so the suggestion should be relatively mainstream - I understand that I widen my options by going online but I have some credit at Best-Buy that I would like to use plus BB is pretty good with price matching Amazon now - Also, I really don't have time to get something shipped before I leave.
Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
Edited by vcash - 12/15/12 at 8:06pm