Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › portable dac/amp with optical out?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

portable dac/amp with optical out?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Hi guys, I m new in the forum and..after many readings I need help (sorry 4 my american-english :( )

I ve an iHP140 for main audio source, and now I ve decided to purchase an external dac/amp 4 my headphones and in a non-too-much-far future Senn hd598.

 

I want to use the iRiver optical out to bypass the internal DAC and to use the external one (4 amp too). I ve thought about Fiio E17 (with adaptors, logically), the new e07k I ve understood hasn t this portable function (only with a pc, correct?).

Any other good possibilities, in the same price range? (both amp and dac)

 

*I listen to rock, (soft) metal, classical, country, disco, pop and ..commercial :D

*my actual headphones are in my signature :)

 

Thanks to all and another thanks 4 ur patience and work :)


Edited by sh4d3 - 12/15/12 at 9:22am
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d3 View Post

Hi guys, I m new in the forum and..after many readings I need help (sorry 4 my american-english :( )

I ve an iHP140 for main audio source, and now I ve decided to purchase an external dac/amp 4 my headphones and in a non-too-much-far future Senn hd598.

 

I want to use the iRiver optical out to bypass the internal DAC and to use the external one (4 amp too). I ve thought about Fiio E17 (with adaptors, logically), the new e07k I ve understood hasn t this portable function (only with a pc, correct?).

Any other good possibilities, in the same price range? (both amp and dac)

 

*I listen to rock, (soft) metal, classical, country, disco, pop and ..commercial :D

*my actual headphones are in my signature :)

 

Thanks to all and another thanks 4 ur patience and work :)

The Fiio E07K's only digital input is USB (no optical).

The Fiio E17 seems to be the better choice.

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

Thanks 4 ur answer! :) It seems the unique choice.. :( 

post #4 of 10

Well, you would also need a portable dac/amp with an optical input from your iRiver. I've used iBasso D10 with my iHP120 optical out.

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 

..not exactly on the same price range..but it s an alternative :D Thanks!gs1000.gif

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 

...Is the UHA-6S MKII amazing better than the E17? I m a bit undecided.. 

And in the case I buy the first, is the standard OPAMP a good choice, or is recommended to change it (with one of the other 3 in the list, on the official site)?

Sorry 4 so many questions :( It s my first amp/dac and I d want it s my definitive dac/amp too :(

post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d3 View Post

...Is the UHA-6S MKII amazing better than the E17? I m a bit undecided.. 

And in the case I buy the first, is the standard OPAMP a good choice, or is recommended to change it (with one of the other 3 in the list, on the official site)?

Sorry 4 so many questions :( It s my first amp/dac and I d want it s my definitive dac/amp too :(

Grab the Leckerton, you won't be disappointed.

post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 

thanks 4 the answer...so..I think i ll wait for a bit more and..ll buy the Leck :) but..I think it will cost more than the original price (279$): I live in Italy so..adding costs :( does anyone know anything about them?

p.s. 4 the OPAMP? :D

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh4d3 View Post

thanks 4 the answer...so..I think i ll wait for a bit more and..ll buy the Leck :) but..I think it will cost more than the original price (279$): I live in Italy so..adding costs :( does anyone know anything about them?

p.s. 4 the OPAMP? :D

I haven't rolled the OPAMPs so I can't comment on that. You might want to check the For Sale section as I always see a few Leckerton MK-II's and maybe they are willing to ship to Italy.

post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 

I ve already seen it, but nothing available, at the moment :( thanks, again :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › portable dac/amp with optical out?