Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review - Page 2

post #16 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

Ya Mon!
I hate ya..kittycat..u better check ur catnip fault..as it could maybe happen that its empty soon... Bad luck happens u know biggrin.gif
post #17 of 95
Um, OK.
post #18 of 95

Enjoyed reading your review ....Thanks

post #19 of 95

Very good review, thanks for taking the time, Like the Decware by the way.

post #20 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin sawdust View Post

Very good review, thanks for taking the time, Like the Decware by the way.

Thanks!  The CSP2+ is amazing. Terrific amp and a great value.

post #21 of 95

Thank you very much for this review. How long have you been using the cables? I'm really curious if the sound changes due to burn in after a while. I didn't have my SP long enough to experience this.

post #22 of 95
Thread Starter 

I have had them a couple of days. They have about 30 hours on them total. There has been some burn in smoothing so far, but right out of the package they were an immediate improvement. It was not subtle.

 

I have had the Silver Poison's for several months now and they also opened up as I used them. I was not in the market for any new ones. Frank asked me to give these a listen. Big upgrade. Interesting since the SP's killed the stock cables. I did not expect another leap like this.

post #23 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

I have had them a couple of days. They have about 30 hours on them total. There has been some burn in smoothing so far, but right out of the package they were an immediate improvement. It was not subtle.

 

This looks like some seriously nice headphone bling! wink.gif I've never considered upgraded cables before, as I felt that it's the least amount of sonic upgrade for the cost, but I've heard nothing but high praises now by several reviewers for the Toxic Cables.

 

Since I'm 100% sure I'm not going to get rid of my Sennheiser HD650's, I'm seriously considering some toxic cables now as an investment for an already amazing headphone. And Frank definitely seems dedicated to his craft, which is something I can appreciate very much! beerchug.gif

post #24 of 95

Great review on the Silver Widow....made me spring for a set from Frank (as if I don't have enough cables on order with him haha).  He should be paying you some commission.  =P

post #25 of 95
Thread Starter 

Thanks sensui23!...I keep hinting!  biggrin.gif

post #26 of 95
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanex View Post

This looks like some seriously nice headphone bling! wink.gif I've never considered upgraded cables before, as I felt that it's the least amount of sonic upgrade for the cost, but I've heard nothing but high praises now by several reviewers for the Toxic Cables.

 

Since I'm 100% sure I'm not going to get rid of my Sennheiser HD650's, I'm seriously considering some toxic cables now as an investment for an already amazing headphone. And Frank definitely seems dedicated to his craft, which is something I can appreciate very much! beerchug.gif

The Silver Poison's are less $$ and do make a nice difference. The Silver Widows are getting into some higher cost territory, but have provided the biggest improvement I have heard. I spent some time with the HD800's and the Swedish Entreq cables and I did not experience anything like this improvement.

post #27 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui123 View Post

Great review on the Silver Widow....made me spring for a set from Frank (as if I don't have enough cables on order with him haha).  He should be paying you some commission.  =P

I have seriously lost count of the cables you already have on order, must be 20 of them by now. 

 

Correction, it's only 15, so you still have room to order more. biggrin.gif

http://www.toxic-cables.co.uk                  PREPARE TO BE INTOXICATED

 

 

Reply
post #28 of 95
Thread Starter 

OK...I am up to over 100 hours on the Silver Widows now....(Not all with me listening...Sometimes it is just Burn-in time....)

 

They keep getting smoother...The bass is just.....Solid....As it should be. Not overstated or boomy but firm and precise. Terrific clarity and the mid range is to die for. My system is the best I have ever heard. Actually somewhat affordable to in the context of Head-Fi and Summit Fi kits.....

 

Thanks Frank....They are the gift that keeps on giving!

 

BTW, the management does have their eye on things around here, so I have to keep it real!

 

 

1000

post #29 of 95

Thanks for a great review. I just ordered my Toxic SW last night, so reading this didn't exactly make my waiting any easier. blink.gif

post #30 of 95

I ordered 2 Silver Widows last week one for my HE-6 as an upgrade to the excellent Silver Poison and one to try with my LCD2.2's.

Should be fun.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Toxic Cables Silver Widow Headphone Cable Review