I am looking to buy a new pair of IEM's for mainly Japanese music. I already read a lot of reviews including Joker's detailed review.
MUSIC- Some of the music I listen to are ayaka, YUI, Emi Fujita, Natsukawa Rimi, Utada Hikaru, Namie Amuro, BoA, Thelma Aoyama, SCANDAL, Luna Sea, X Japan, ONE OK ROCK, UVERworld, High and Mighty Color, Miyavi, The Gazette, L'Arc~en~Ciel and some K-pop.
- Clarity, airy/transparent
- treble must be smooth (not harsh or too bright)
- good soundstage- feels as if you’re listening to a live concert
- not a too bassy as I’m not much of a basshead. The eq-7’s bass is adequate for my needs.
- vocals a bit more forward than instruments. I like vocal centric headphones but I also want instruments to be engaging.
- good imaging (able to pin point where instruments are and not congested on complex passages.
SOURCE- Sony Walkman Z, but I also have an Cowon J3. No amp.
Currently I’m looking at the Audio Technica CK100 and CK100PRO. Budget is around $500.
Thank you for your time
Edited by Love Music - 12/14/12 at 9:13am