im planning to buy Magni and Modi from Schiit but im buying too a LCD-2 , my question is would it be a good choice ?
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MyST IzoPhones-30 planar magnetic headphones Last post on 1/3/15 at 4:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 10/17/14 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
as far as i have heard, the lcd2s are more forgiving of lesser quality source than other higher end headphones like hd800 etc... but do wait for some detailed reviews on these as no one knows how they compare upwards... e.g o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
I'm going to have to agree with chewy4 with regards to the cost.
The o2amp/odac combo is transparent, I highly doubt the Schiit stuff could compete in this price range.
Edited by Docks - 12/14/12 at 10:53am
Yeah I wasn't trying to imply anything negative against Schiit there. I'm just saying that they do say that it's a good match on their website, so it should give the LCD2's enough power at the very least.
As far as output power, the magni amp is the best value I've seen. It has THD levels low enough to be overkill as well.
There's been no impressions that I've seen on it so far, but it could very well be an O2 killer from the looks of it.
Based on Schiit specs, the magni should have more than enough power for the LCD-2. I have used amps of lesser power with my LCD-2's. The magni is cheap enough to buy and try out. I applaud Schiit for coming out with a high value amp in this price range.
Wait a few days for reviews to see how they compare to the o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
For now, all we know is that it's a good choice for orthos and as low IEM because of it's Brute Power.
"It is more neutral and uncolored than the LYR - Jason"
If reviews are good, i will definitely be buying one for my HE-500.
The LCD-2s are very revealing of upstream sources. While achieving good sound with the LCD-2s and an average amp is possible when compared to say the HD800s. Getting them to sound their very best does require a lot of work (wrt to amp). Regarding a dac/source, you're gonna need a good one.
Here's a list of $200ish gear I've used the LCD-2/3s with and performed A-B comparisons with my "better" gear:
And all paled in comparison. Sorry, but $1000 headphones like the LCD-2s can not be properly driven with such upstream gear in the long run. They will reward the listener with each upgrade in transparency.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 12/14/12 at 8:06pm
How does "driven to their full potential". With orthos, power is also key and at least 1.5W into 50 ohms is required to properly drive the LCD-2/3s from that standpoint.
- Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 1 second ago
- › Amp for Sennheiser HD 650 7 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 28 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 12 HOURS AWAY!!! 39 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM tips? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2