im planning to buy Magni and Modi from Schiit but im buying too a LCD-2 , my question is would it be a good choice ?
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MyST IzoPhones-30 planar magnetic headphones Last post on 5/6/15 at 11:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 10/17/14 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
At the time this review was written, the Ausdom M06 was on sale for $52.99 USD on Amazon. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
[Originally posted at Basshead.Club] Bring on the thunder and lightning. Aurisonics’ flagship triple driver hybrid combines the incredible sub-bass of the ASG-B’s 14.2mm dynamic driver...
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
as far as i have heard, the lcd2s are more forgiving of lesser quality source than other higher end headphones like hd800 etc... but do wait for some detailed reviews on these as no one knows how they compare upwards... e.g o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
I'm going to have to agree with chewy4 with regards to the cost.
The o2amp/odac combo is transparent, I highly doubt the Schiit stuff could compete in this price range.
Edited by Docks - 12/14/12 at 10:53am
Yeah I wasn't trying to imply anything negative against Schiit there. I'm just saying that they do say that it's a good match on their website, so it should give the LCD2's enough power at the very least.
As far as output power, the magni amp is the best value I've seen. It has THD levels low enough to be overkill as well.
There's been no impressions that I've seen on it so far, but it could very well be an O2 killer from the looks of it.
Based on Schiit specs, the magni should have more than enough power for the LCD-2. I have used amps of lesser power with my LCD-2's. The magni is cheap enough to buy and try out. I applaud Schiit for coming out with a high value amp in this price range.
Wait a few days for reviews to see how they compare to the o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
For now, all we know is that it's a good choice for orthos and as low IEM because of it's Brute Power.
"It is more neutral and uncolored than the LYR - Jason"
If reviews are good, i will definitely be buying one for my HE-500.
The LCD-2s are very revealing of upstream sources. While achieving good sound with the LCD-2s and an average amp is possible when compared to say the HD800s. Getting them to sound their very best does require a lot of work (wrt to amp). Regarding a dac/source, you're gonna need a good one.
Here's a list of $200ish gear I've used the LCD-2/3s with and performed A-B comparisons with my "better" gear:
And all paled in comparison. Sorry, but $1000 headphones like the LCD-2s can not be properly driven with such upstream gear in the long run. They will reward the listener with each upgrade in transparency.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 12/14/12 at 8:06pm
How does "driven to their full potential". With orthos, power is also key and at least 1.5W into 50 ohms is required to properly drive the LCD-2/3s from that standpoint.
- Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Soundcard, AMP or DAQ 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Mullard CV4004 tube M8137 (ECC83 / 12AX7) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a decent DAC 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2