im planning to buy Magni and Modi from Schiit but im buying too a LCD-2 , my question is would it be a good choice ?
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MyST IzoPhones-30 planar magnetic headphones Last post on 2/4/16 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 10/17/14 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Audeze LCD-2 magni?post #1 of 3512/14/12 at 8:28amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3512/14/12 at 8:33ampost #3 of 3512/14/12 at 8:41am
as far as i have heard, the lcd2s are more forgiving of lesser quality source than other higher end headphones like hd800 etc... but do wait for some detailed reviews on these as no one knows how they compare upwards... e.g o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....post #4 of 3512/14/12 at 10:23amQuote:
I'm going to have to agree with chewy4 with regards to the cost.
The o2amp/odac combo is transparent, I highly doubt the Schiit stuff could compete in this price range.
Edited by Docks - 12/14/12 at 10:53ampost #5 of 3512/14/12 at 10:25ampost #6 of 3512/14/12 at 10:47am
Yeah I wasn't trying to imply anything negative against Schiit there. I'm just saying that they do say that it's a good match on their website, so it should give the LCD2's enough power at the very least.
As far as output power, the magni amp is the best value I've seen. It has THD levels low enough to be overkill as well.
There's been no impressions that I've seen on it so far, but it could very well be an O2 killer from the looks of it.post #7 of 3512/14/12 at 11:54am
Based on Schiit specs, the magni should have more than enough power for the LCD-2. I have used amps of lesser power with my LCD-2's. The magni is cheap enough to buy and try out. I applaud Schiit for coming out with a high value amp in this price range.post #8 of 3512/14/12 at 1:39pmAGREE'd with Hammer of Thor.
Wait a few days for reviews to see how they compare to the o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
For now, all we know is that it's a good choice for orthos and as low IEM because of it's Brute Power.
"It is more neutral and uncolored than the LYR - Jason"
If reviews are good, i will definitely be buying one for my HE-500.post #9 of 3512/14/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
The LCD-2s are very revealing of upstream sources. While achieving good sound with the LCD-2s and an average amp is possible when compared to say the HD800s. Getting them to sound their very best does require a lot of work (wrt to amp). Regarding a dac/source, you're gonna need a good one.post #10 of 3512/14/12 at 8:04pm
Here's a list of $200ish gear I've used the LCD-2/3s with and performed A-B comparisons with my "better" gear:
And all paled in comparison. Sorry, but $1000 headphones like the LCD-2s can not be properly driven with such upstream gear in the long run. They will reward the listener with each upgrade in transparency.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 12/14/12 at 8:06pmpost #11 of 3512/14/12 at 8:09pmpost #12 of 3512/14/12 at 8:11pmQuote:
How does "driven to their full potential". With orthos, power is also key and at least 1.5W into 50 ohms is required to properly drive the LCD-2/3s from that standpoint.post #13 of 3512/14/12 at 8:14pmpost #14 of 3512/14/12 at 8:22pm
- Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 8 minutes ago
- › My haphazard journey into turning a Sennheiser HD 800 into a HD... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony xbaz5 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 12 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 13 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...