im planning to buy Magni and Modi from Schiit but im buying too a LCD-2 , my question is would it be a good choice ?
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MyST IzoPhones-30 planar magnetic headphones Last post on 2/4/16 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 10/17/14 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
Audeze LCD-2 magni?post #1 of 3512/14/12 at 8:28amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3512/14/12 at 8:33ampost #3 of 3512/14/12 at 8:41am
as far as i have heard, the lcd2s are more forgiving of lesser quality source than other higher end headphones like hd800 etc... but do wait for some detailed reviews on these as no one knows how they compare upwards... e.g o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....post #4 of 3512/14/12 at 10:23amQuote:
I'm going to have to agree with chewy4 with regards to the cost.
The o2amp/odac combo is transparent, I highly doubt the Schiit stuff could compete in this price range.
Edited by Docks - 12/14/12 at 10:53ampost #5 of 3512/14/12 at 10:25ampost #6 of 3512/14/12 at 10:47am
Yeah I wasn't trying to imply anything negative against Schiit there. I'm just saying that they do say that it's a good match on their website, so it should give the LCD2's enough power at the very least.
As far as output power, the magni amp is the best value I've seen. It has THD levels low enough to be overkill as well.
There's been no impressions that I've seen on it so far, but it could very well be an O2 killer from the looks of it.post #7 of 3512/14/12 at 11:54am
Based on Schiit specs, the magni should have more than enough power for the LCD-2. I have used amps of lesser power with my LCD-2's. The magni is cheap enough to buy and try out. I applaud Schiit for coming out with a high value amp in this price range.post #8 of 3512/14/12 at 1:39pmAGREE'd with Hammer of Thor.
Wait a few days for reviews to see how they compare to the o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
For now, all we know is that it's a good choice for orthos and as low IEM because of it's Brute Power.
"It is more neutral and uncolored than the LYR - Jason"
If reviews are good, i will definitely be buying one for my HE-500.post #9 of 3512/14/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
The LCD-2s are very revealing of upstream sources. While achieving good sound with the LCD-2s and an average amp is possible when compared to say the HD800s. Getting them to sound their very best does require a lot of work (wrt to amp). Regarding a dac/source, you're gonna need a good one.post #10 of 3512/14/12 at 8:04pm
Here's a list of $200ish gear I've used the LCD-2/3s with and performed A-B comparisons with my "better" gear:
And all paled in comparison. Sorry, but $1000 headphones like the LCD-2s can not be properly driven with such upstream gear in the long run. They will reward the listener with each upgrade in transparency.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 12/14/12 at 8:06pmpost #11 of 3512/14/12 at 8:09pmpost #12 of 3512/14/12 at 8:11pmQuote:
How does "driven to their full potential". With orthos, power is also key and at least 1.5W into 50 ohms is required to properly drive the LCD-2/3s from that standpoint.post #13 of 3512/14/12 at 8:14pmpost #14 of 3512/14/12 at 8:22pm
- Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 gone... replacement recommendation? 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...