im planning to buy Magni and Modi from Schiit but im buying too a LCD-2 , my question is would it be a good choice ?
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High-End Over-Ear Discussion Last post on 1/20/15 at 1:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- MyST IzoPhones-30 planar magnetic headphones Last post on 2/4/16 at 12:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 10/17/14 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Amp/DAC/Headphone Advice Last post on 12/13/14 at 8:10pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
Audeze LCD-2 magni?post #1 of 3512/14/12 at 8:28amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3512/14/12 at 8:33ampost #3 of 3512/14/12 at 8:41am
as far as i have heard, the lcd2s are more forgiving of lesser quality source than other higher end headphones like hd800 etc... but do wait for some detailed reviews on these as no one knows how they compare upwards... e.g o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....post #4 of 3512/14/12 at 10:23amQuote:
I'm going to have to agree with chewy4 with regards to the cost.
The o2amp/odac combo is transparent, I highly doubt the Schiit stuff could compete in this price range.
Edited by Docks - 12/14/12 at 10:53ampost #5 of 3512/14/12 at 10:25ampost #6 of 3512/14/12 at 10:47am
Yeah I wasn't trying to imply anything negative against Schiit there. I'm just saying that they do say that it's a good match on their website, so it should give the LCD2's enough power at the very least.
As far as output power, the magni amp is the best value I've seen. It has THD levels low enough to be overkill as well.
There's been no impressions that I've seen on it so far, but it could very well be an O2 killer from the looks of it.post #7 of 3512/14/12 at 11:54am
Based on Schiit specs, the magni should have more than enough power for the LCD-2. I have used amps of lesser power with my LCD-2's. The magni is cheap enough to buy and try out. I applaud Schiit for coming out with a high value amp in this price range.post #8 of 3512/14/12 at 1:39pmAGREE'd with Hammer of Thor.
Wait a few days for reviews to see how they compare to the o2/odac, bifrost/lyr/asgard etc....
For now, all we know is that it's a good choice for orthos and as low IEM because of it's Brute Power.
"It is more neutral and uncolored than the LYR - Jason"
If reviews are good, i will definitely be buying one for my HE-500.post #9 of 3512/14/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
The LCD-2s are very revealing of upstream sources. While achieving good sound with the LCD-2s and an average amp is possible when compared to say the HD800s. Getting them to sound their very best does require a lot of work (wrt to amp). Regarding a dac/source, you're gonna need a good one.post #10 of 3512/14/12 at 8:04pm
Here's a list of $200ish gear I've used the LCD-2/3s with and performed A-B comparisons with my "better" gear:
And all paled in comparison. Sorry, but $1000 headphones like the LCD-2s can not be properly driven with such upstream gear in the long run. They will reward the listener with each upgrade in transparency.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 12/14/12 at 8:06pmpost #11 of 3512/14/12 at 8:09pmpost #12 of 3512/14/12 at 8:11pmQuote:
How does "driven to their full potential". With orthos, power is also key and at least 1.5W into 50 ohms is required to properly drive the LCD-2/3s from that standpoint.post #13 of 3512/14/12 at 8:14pmpost #14 of 3512/14/12 at 8:22pm
- Audeze LCD-2 magni?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added... 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for Fiio X5ii 4 minutes ago
- › WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BUY A EXPENSIVE HEADPHONE THAT HAS A TERRIBLE... 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...