Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NuForce HP-800 ???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NuForce HP-800 ??? - Page 5

post #61 of 176

I'm actually working on a review for the HP-800 right now... 

post #62 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

I'm actually working on a review for the HP-800 right now... 


I will be counting the minutes, but take your time.....wink_face.gif

 

Also curious how they stack up against the M-Audio Q40, which I like in general (love their bass) but thought they lack detail and were disturbingly sibilant.


Edited by Craigster75 - 1/24/13 at 4:46pm
post #63 of 176

I personally never found the Q40 sibilant. Maybe its treble peaks fit just right with my ear. Similarly, the HP-800 aren't sibilant to me either. 

 

To me the Q40 sounded overall bass sloped. Comparing the Q40 (by memory) with the HP-800, they have a similar feeling bass, except the HP-800 then drops more noticeably in the midrange and flattens out into the treble. 

post #64 of 176

This shot also shows where the bass ports are located, in this case on top of the cup. ^ shame about midrange drop but some1 commented already that he got a FR graph by Nuforce which showed a slight dip at the midrange. I don't think these are gonna be any plausible Q40 replacers for me at least, my biggest faith is still in the NAD Viso HP50.

 


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 1/24/13 at 5:10pm
post #65 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

I personally never found the Q40 sibilant. Maybe its treble peaks fit just right with my ear. Similarly, the HP-800 aren't sibilant to me either. 

 

To me the Q40 sounded overall bass sloped. Comparing the Q40 (by memory) with the HP-800, they have a similar feeling bass, except the HP-800 then drops more noticeably in the midrange and flattens out into the treble. 


So far I like what I am hearing.  I just wish Fed Ex didn't take 6 days to ship cross country.

post #66 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

This review also comforted me and, in my mind, negates the PC World review:

 

http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/nuforce-hp-800-review/

This review is more in line with my thoughts. Could be the first reviewer was using his iPod Nano to drive them? tongue.gif

post #67 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

This review is more in line with my thoughts. Could be the first reviewer was using his iPod Nano to drive them? tongue.gif


The HP-800 might be a good excuse to justify picking up a Centrance M8.

post #68 of 176
post #69 of 176


Well done!  Thank you.

post #70 of 176

Very nice write-up. Looks like we hear things pretty similarly. 

post #71 of 176

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Very nice write-up. Looks like we hear things pretty similarly. 


As you both have extensive audiophile experience with summit-fi gear, I hope that my pseudo-audiophile ears will like them even more.

post #72 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

 


As you both have extensive audiophile experience with summit-fi gear, I hope that my pseudo-audiophile ears will like them even more.

I think you will like them. When are you expecting them in?

post #73 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Thanks Dave. They are certainly fun cans. If I still played video games, I'd seriously consider them for that too.

 

I ordered them and they have shipped. I must say the customer service from VMAX was superb. Richard stayed in contact with me and notified me as soon as they put them on amazon.ca.

post #74 of 176

 

Then I read the above...and wanted to cancel the order that had already shipped. Can't deal with yet another V-shape FR.

post #75 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

Then I read the above...and wanted to cancel the order that had already shipped. Can't deal with yet another V-shape FR.

I wouldn't exactly call them V-shaped as the treble wasn't sizzly or over pronounced to my ears. But they do bring the bass. smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NuForce HP-800 ???