- 25 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Location: Jakarta slums
- Select All Posts By This User
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productJVC HA-FXD80tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productKlipsch Image X10i Audiophile Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-button Apple Control (Copper)tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser CX 985tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR EX600tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Durable IEMs for less than 100$ Last post on 3/10/13 at 10:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Advice] - Sure SE215 / Westone Um1 /Bose IME2 Last post on 12/12/12 at 12:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Broke my Etymotics...didn't care for them anyways. Need new CHEAP IEM's. help! Last post on 12/3/12 at 8:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need 100-120€ IEMs Last post on 11/20/12 at 5:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which IEM with no, "For the money" status? Last post on 11/9/12 at 2:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
I really like this headphone. I've been trying various headphones in this pricerange, and decided on this one. But maybe the Price is a bit too high, when comparing to the first Creative...
NOTE: THIS MAY ALSO BE REFERRED TO AS THE KICKER PHENOM. THE PART NUMBER SHOWN FOR THE KICKER PHENOM PHONES I HAVE IS EB92S As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was...
Sennheiser MX 985 vs. Shure SE215 LTD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The are two different Sennheiser are great sounding earbuds, more detailed than SE215 but little light on bass compared to SE215 but still more enjoyable and fun to listen(you can buy Westone CIEMs shell these earbuds. Shure SE215 isolate more noise and also sound detailed with good punchy bass(overall great buy). But there are more IEms in same price with better soundquality than SE215 like JVC FXD80, RE0, Sony EX600, Yamah EPH100 and Klipsch Image X10i.
About 20' after buying the Senn, I went to another store n found the Shure SE215 Special Edition (SE). I had a chance to test it n was pleased by the sound. That 1st impression made strong my urge to buy it. Today, I received end-year bonus. At once, I use it for buying the Shure. Once again, I was disappointed by the out-of-the-box sound. This time, it hit me harder because I thought it has balanced armature that do not need burn-in to achieve its sound (so if my unit did not sound as good as the demo I heard yesterday, then I got a defective one that already cost me around 155 USD/96 GBP). But, now I know that it has dynamic driver n now in burn-in process. Wishing a bigger surprise for tomorrow...
Time to sum up. Sennheiser MX 985 and Shure SE215 Special Edition have some common ground: they are dynamic-driven, share the same price class, and will give you some fun. From there everything will go separate ways. Sennheiser MX 985 has amazing sound and add so much fun to it. It is quite comfortable to wear, even while in bed w/ it against the head and pillow. It has metal and porcelain parts that gives a luxury and extremely durable sense. Its amazing things start to disappear once noise enter the environment. That is when Shure SE215 SE rise. Being an IEM, it will block the noise and give comfortable when use while sleeping. w/ the free-from-noise sound, the real quality of sound produced become obvious. It is not equal to its price (even my VSonic GR07 mkII has so much clear sound w/ lower price). It is still fun, but not as much as MX 985. And, it all made from plastic!
I am thinking of getting one of the Sennheiser xx985 series myself, but probably the CX because I prefer the way it interfaces with the ear canal. Regarding SE215, it has a very significant bass hump and this actually suits it very well to classical and computer gaming in my experience (especially on account of the excellent isolation when used with the Shure olive tips). Regarding burn-in, I own two pairs of SE215 - and new pair and a pair I have been using for a year. The year old pair sound better than the new pair - warmer, faster, clearer treble with more air. So yours may improve over time.
Guys are Sennheiser really selling the MX985 model or not ? Because we are in March 2013 and I still can't find it anywhere.
For the guys who bought it (especially in the US) can somebody guide me please ? I really want these headphones
sorry for the bump
I'm sure you can find them somewhere with cheap shipping. This would allow better isolation for transit.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 3/12/13 at 4:42am
For the love of god you got it on some underground event hold in a Sennheiser basement ?
edit: and do you like them ? is the ear-fit better, how are they overall
The MX985 is not sold here in the US. Us dumb Americans apparently aren't worthy enough for the almighty Sennheiser earbud.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
On a more serious note, it appears that the MX985 are out of stock virtually everywhere online. I'm guessing that Senn only make a small amount at once, and the next batch hasn't shipped yet.
- Sennheiser MX 985 vs. Shure SE215 LTD
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WHO ARE THE BEST LOOKING PEOPLE ON EARTH? 16 seconds ago
- › Shure SE535 - clicking sound with a cable ??? :/ 28 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 42 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › akg k612 vs Q701 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe