Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME... - Page 22

post #316 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick n View Post

Wayne's gonna go BALLISTIC be careful ! ph34r.gif


LMAO, i have longgggg pacified that beast. Guess who sent me those MT-300s in the 1st place. wink_face.gif The beast has been weeping quietly in his dark corner of head-fi for some time now since he caught wind of what i was about to post. But just to be safe i am gonna tame it some mo' with this lovely fiddle playing.

post #317 of 365

sfwalcer those were pretty much my exact findings, nice work!!

post #318 of 365

No accounting for bad taste! (whether that be mine, or the rest of the world's lol)

post #319 of 365
Thread Starter 

 

Thanks, you must be the only person who checks that link more often than I do!  Got a couple spares.

 

I still think the MT-300 is an outstanding IEM deal at $4.97, still a superb 9.5/10 value at $6.98, and a definite "buy" at $9.99.   At $20+ on fleabay and amazon US... not so much.  I feel at $20-$30 there is indeed a lot of great competition, including the MH1C, which to be fair has an MSRP of $80, and now has a going rate of over $40 on th'Bay.

 

eg. I had a lot of fun in my Citroen DS4 rental car last week, but it was no Porsche Boxster, and certainly no Aston  (psst... the MH1C is the Boxster)

post #320 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

No accounting for bad taste! (whether that be mine, or the rest of the world's lol)


Hey it's WAYNES WORLD afterall, so it must be the rest of the un-worthies. wink_face.gif

 

edit: and thanks zerocoolio.


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/27/13 at 12:01pm
post #321 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline79 View Post

 

Thanks, you must be the only person who checks that link more often than I do!  Got a couple spares.

 

I still think the MT-300 is an outstanding IEM deal at $4.97, still a superb 9.5/10 value at $6.98, and a definite "buy" at $9.99.   At $20+ on fleabay and amazon US... not so much.  I feel at $20-$30 there is indeed a lot of great competition, including the MH1C, which to be fair has an MSRP of $80, and now has a going rate of over $40 on th'Bay.

 

eg. I had a lot of fun in my Citroen DS4 rental car last week, but it was no Porsche Boxster, and certainly no Aston  (psst... the MH1C is the Boxster)

Lol, I check three or four times a day biggrin.gif

post #322 of 365

Just picked up a pair for $6.98 + tax, a great little sounding IEM once you get them to fit. I put the big tips on and got a good seal with quite a bit of bass. I just love these cheap Amazing finds!

beerchug.gif

post #323 of 365
Good to hear TrollDragon! Just watch your back for the Master Troll lol !
post #324 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Good to hear TrollDragon! Just watch your back for the Master Troll lol !


......... When the DRAGON is unleashed, the masta knows his place. biggrin.gif

post #325 of 365

Oh gawd the master troll moved over here.

 

Must. flame. sfwalcer.

 

(generally agree though. Looking at other IEMs as the MT300 has that horribad treble and the driver flex like no tomorrow)

post #326 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Oh gawd the master troll moved over here.

 

Must. flame. sfwalcer.

 

(generally agree though. Looking at other IEMs as the MT300 has that horribad treble and the driver flex like no tomorrow)


Have we met? confused_face(1).gif HA!

 

I never experienced driver flex with these MT-300s esp with the MH1Cs tip, it seals great in fact. Double HA!  tongue.gif

 

No wonder it has been so calm in that thread of mine, this along with my thread seems to be the ideal places where you lovely Canadians goes on vacate.  biggrin.gif

post #327 of 365
Cmon dudes! Horribad treble? Harsh.. And driver flex? I've never experienced it with the mt300's (R1's definitely). I guess I just got a magical pair :-)
post #328 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

Have we met? confused_face(1).gif HA!

 

I never experienced driver flex with these MT-300s esp with the MH1Cs tip, it seals great in fact. Double HA!  tongue.gif

 

No wonder it has been so calm in that thread of mine, this along with my thread seems to be the ideal places where you lovely Canadians goes on vacate.  biggrin.gif

Need I bring out the dusty clown gifs...?

 

MH1C would explain it. I ran out so Hybrids only. So annoying and loud. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Cmon dudes! Horribad treble? Harsh.. And driver flex? I've never experienced it with the mt300's (R1's definitely). I guess I just got a magical pair :-)

Yep horribad treble. Didn't really care because of the godly bass but it is what it is.

Maybe the ceramics will have less horribad and more horrigood.

post #329 of 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

Cmon dudes! Horribad treble? Harsh.. And driver flex? I've never experienced it with the mt300's (R1's definitely). I guess I just got a magical pair :-)


Forget those bandwagon jumpers WAYNE, i got yo' back on this. Nah it's not "Horribad" they trippin'.................................... it's just meh. LoL

 

Yeppp, never experienced driver flex on these as well, maybe i just got a half magical broken pair.

post #330 of 365

I agree that the treble is just meh. I didn't expect this much from a five dollar IEM though biggrin.gif. Overall, I would say I like the sound signature and they're perfect for what i use them for which is work (they take a lot of abuse). Comfort-wise? They're one of the most comfortable i've owned and i've even used their tips for other IEMs. I don't get driver flex as well unless I push them in real deep. I don't have to since I get a good seal with shallow insertion. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME...