Magni doesn't have a bump in the 2khz area, the K701/2 does. Just look at its frequency response graphs.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on 9/17/14 at 3:19pm in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 10/28/14 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 28
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Interesting observations. I'll reserve judgment until more impressions/reviews roll-out. I appreciate the K 701 impressions though as I am soon to receive one myself.
I was just getting ready to say that...
Uh, just letting you know. You could die. Your Magni has turned into a Viking..
Thanks for the 70X series impressions hifiguy! Heard the magni does get warm, and that the asgard gets hot enough for 3rd degree burns... but that might have been a hyperbole. HE-400 seems to be really popular... never noticed how popular it was until reading the magni/modi threads.
Does it sound like the same issue you had with the DT-770 where you mentioned it sounds blown and distorted?
Lol love your review buy a stack of shiit.
No it doesn't sound like that anymore. Maybe it was something else in the chain.
D7000 & K550 didn't pair well either. Those two are some of my favs. On to the Sony 1R.
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Replace AK120 with AK240 or go AK120 + Chord hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 6 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)