Subbed. Looks great and is affordable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Brainwavz AP001 surely has the cute factor, from its small size and unique contemporary design. But that's for the look. As for features, we might wonder, why Brainwavz designed a...
Review of the CEntrance HiFi M8 LX LX model = Optical input The CEntrance HiFi M8 has a lot of connection and feature combinations. This is the LX / XLR version. What is the...
Before I start my review, I wold like to Thank Penon Audio for providing me with a review loaner of DITA Audio The Answer headphones in exchange for my honest opinion. I tested and reviewed a...
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wouldn't immediately dismiss the O2/ODAC combo quite yet. It is a stack that gives you incredibly clear and competent sound for a really good price. I still like my HDP over the O2/ODAC stack, especially now with the Sigma 11, but the HDP/S11 is twice the price. This stack certainly has looks and raw power, but I really want to see what else they can bring to the table.
You're right. Until reviews come in, it's hard to make any generalizations about how good the Magni is. But judging on how popular Schiit is, I'd say this will really do well. I still like the O2 because it offers the option of being battery powered.
Just wait for someone to demo the Schiit mini stack and then sell it. You'll easily pick it up for $50,
if ya suck up to the seller a bit.
I doubt it would be $50. More around $70-75 Shipped.
Yes Sir it does.
Yeah! Then i'll offer a dollar over you and snatch it!
Edited by cssarrow - 12/12/12 at 8:28pm
The modi is; "USB Powered, No Drivers Modi plugs into virtually any computer—Windows or Mac—and requires no drivers to deliver great sound, up to 24/96 sampling rates. It features asynchronous transfer with individual crystal oscillators for the 44.1 and 48k sampling rates, and uses the USB Audio 1.0 standard over USB 2.0, and is powered by the USB port."
Sub optimal in my opinion. PC power is flaky and dirty and better results are usually obtained by a dac that has it's own power supply. If you use this I would at least use an external powered USB hub instead of plugging it straight into a computer. That makes a night and day difference for my HRT MSII.
I would describe the sound as fast, clean and very dynamic. Bass is tight rather than bloated. You won't mistake it for a SE tube amp...it's Solid State is all its glory. I was shocked at how impact full the snare drums sounded. I'm not used to that nice sharp crack coming from Amos at this price point.
Needless to say, a Modi/Magni stack will grace the desk in my studio for some time to come.
Edited by leesure - 12/12/12 at 9:20pm
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 21 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 COMING SOON!!! 47 seconds ago
- › Calyx Femto dac (black) 1 minute ago
- › Yulong U100 DAC/Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 3 minutes ago
- › FS - Stax SR-202 4 minutes ago
- › KingSound KS-H3? 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)