Subbed. Looks great and is affordable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Magni V1 volume pot Last post on 3/2/15 at 1:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? Last post on 12/28/14 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Magni/Modi vs Fulla? Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Looks could be very deceiving, especially when it comes to...
Hello, I own the current Sansa for about 3 years, so I can say I am very familiar with it. Bad start So... When I happened to own Cowon Iaudio 9 I took this guy for a minute and...
Micro review of the Oppo HA-1: rankings (because the bars to the side for some reason are not representative of the rank I gave) audio quality: 2/5 design: 4/5 quality: 3.5/5 value:...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wouldn't immediately dismiss the O2/ODAC combo quite yet. It is a stack that gives you incredibly clear and competent sound for a really good price. I still like my HDP over the O2/ODAC stack, especially now with the Sigma 11, but the HDP/S11 is twice the price. This stack certainly has looks and raw power, but I really want to see what else they can bring to the table.
You're right. Until reviews come in, it's hard to make any generalizations about how good the Magni is. But judging on how popular Schiit is, I'd say this will really do well. I still like the O2 because it offers the option of being battery powered.
Just wait for someone to demo the Schiit mini stack and then sell it. You'll easily pick it up for $50,
if ya suck up to the seller a bit.
I doubt it would be $50. More around $70-75 Shipped.
Yes Sir it does.
Yeah! Then i'll offer a dollar over you and snatch it!
Edited by cssarrow - 12/12/12 at 8:28pm
The modi is; "USB Powered, No Drivers Modi plugs into virtually any computer—Windows or Mac—and requires no drivers to deliver great sound, up to 24/96 sampling rates. It features asynchronous transfer with individual crystal oscillators for the 44.1 and 48k sampling rates, and uses the USB Audio 1.0 standard over USB 2.0, and is powered by the USB port."
Sub optimal in my opinion. PC power is flaky and dirty and better results are usually obtained by a dac that has it's own power supply. If you use this I would at least use an external powered USB hub instead of plugging it straight into a computer. That makes a night and day difference for my HRT MSII.
I would describe the sound as fast, clean and very dynamic. Bass is tight rather than bloated. You won't mistake it for a SE tube amp...it's Solid State is all its glory. I was shocked at how impact full the snare drums sounded. I'm not used to that nice sharp crack coming from Amos at this price point.
Needless to say, a Modi/Magni stack will grace the desk in my studio for some time to come.
Edited by leesure - 12/12/12 at 9:20pm
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 22 seconds ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › LUMINARE amp & VERTO box, by AudioValve 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2