Subbed. Looks great and is affordable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wouldn't immediately dismiss the O2/ODAC combo quite yet. It is a stack that gives you incredibly clear and competent sound for a really good price. I still like my HDP over the O2/ODAC stack, especially now with the Sigma 11, but the HDP/S11 is twice the price. This stack certainly has looks and raw power, but I really want to see what else they can bring to the table.
You're right. Until reviews come in, it's hard to make any generalizations about how good the Magni is. But judging on how popular Schiit is, I'd say this will really do well. I still like the O2 because it offers the option of being battery powered.
Just wait for someone to demo the Schiit mini stack and then sell it. You'll easily pick it up for $50,
if ya suck up to the seller a bit.
I doubt it would be $50. More around $70-75 Shipped.
Yes Sir it does.
Yeah! Then i'll offer a dollar over you and snatch it!
Edited by cssarrow - 12/12/12 at 8:28pm
The modi is; "USB Powered, No Drivers Modi plugs into virtually any computer—Windows or Mac—and requires no drivers to deliver great sound, up to 24/96 sampling rates. It features asynchronous transfer with individual crystal oscillators for the 44.1 and 48k sampling rates, and uses the USB Audio 1.0 standard over USB 2.0, and is powered by the USB port."
Sub optimal in my opinion. PC power is flaky and dirty and better results are usually obtained by a dac that has it's own power supply. If you use this I would at least use an external powered USB hub instead of plugging it straight into a computer. That makes a night and day difference for my HRT MSII.
I would describe the sound as fast, clean and very dynamic. Bass is tight rather than bloated. You won't mistake it for a SE tube amp...it's Solid State is all its glory. I was shocked at how impact full the snare drums sounded. I'm not used to that nice sharp crack coming from Amos at this price point.
Needless to say, a Modi/Magni stack will grace the desk in my studio for some time to come.
Edited by leesure - 12/12/12 at 9:20pm
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › What headphones in this site should i consider? just now
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 53 seconds ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Which ieMs are the most durable and won't go out in one ear? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Bendix 6385 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)