Subbed. Looks great and is affordable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
At fist, a warning: it seems that the Bose Soundlink On-Ear have compatibility problems with iOS devices, which cause intermittent connectivity and skipping music. It is not clear to me if this...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wouldn't immediately dismiss the O2/ODAC combo quite yet. It is a stack that gives you incredibly clear and competent sound for a really good price. I still like my HDP over the O2/ODAC stack, especially now with the Sigma 11, but the HDP/S11 is twice the price. This stack certainly has looks and raw power, but I really want to see what else they can bring to the table.
You're right. Until reviews come in, it's hard to make any generalizations about how good the Magni is. But judging on how popular Schiit is, I'd say this will really do well. I still like the O2 because it offers the option of being battery powered.
Just wait for someone to demo the Schiit mini stack and then sell it. You'll easily pick it up for $50,
if ya suck up to the seller a bit.
I doubt it would be $50. More around $70-75 Shipped.
Yes Sir it does.
Yeah! Then i'll offer a dollar over you and snatch it!
Edited by cssarrow - 12/12/12 at 8:28pm
The modi is; "USB Powered, No Drivers Modi plugs into virtually any computer—Windows or Mac—and requires no drivers to deliver great sound, up to 24/96 sampling rates. It features asynchronous transfer with individual crystal oscillators for the 44.1 and 48k sampling rates, and uses the USB Audio 1.0 standard over USB 2.0, and is powered by the USB port."
Sub optimal in my opinion. PC power is flaky and dirty and better results are usually obtained by a dac that has it's own power supply. If you use this I would at least use an external powered USB hub instead of plugging it straight into a computer. That makes a night and day difference for my HRT MSII.
I would describe the sound as fast, clean and very dynamic. Bass is tight rather than bloated. You won't mistake it for a SE tube amp...it's Solid State is all its glory. I was shocked at how impact full the snare drums sounded. I'm not used to that nice sharp crack coming from Amos at this price point.
Needless to say, a Modi/Magni stack will grace the desk in my studio for some time to come.
Edited by leesure - 12/12/12 at 9:20pm
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 2 minutes ago
- › Bass IEM addict recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 840 vs denon adh2000 vs demon adh600 vs Ath-50x 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for iPhone 5 DAC/AMP setup 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › WTS New Bowers and Wilkins 686 Bookshelf Speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3