Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 147

post #2191 of 2201

Guys I need help!

So I purchased the magni back in Taiwan, it came with of course the AB plug with 110V. Now I moved to Hong Kong, the voltage here is 220/230 with UK plug. I bought a AC/AC step down converter but when i plug them together, its nto working and theres a burning smell! 

What should I do in this case? ( Assuming the magni is still functional...) I e-mailed schitt about this problem but they just ask me to buy another adapter at their site which I don't want to because the shipping is just too much...

Please help and thanks in advance!

post #2192 of 2201

So if I got this correctly, the magni has a netural to bright sound presentation right..?  this is actually what I am looking for.   I am planning to order soon a modi2/magni2 uber stack.    

Is there a difference in sound between the magni normal version and the uber?


Edited by plonter - 1/18/15 at 9:23am
post #2193 of 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonter View Post
 

So if I got this correctly, the magni has a netural to bright sound presentation right..?  this is actually what I am looking for.   I am planning to order soon a modi2/magni2 uber stack.    

Is there a difference in sound between the magni normal version and the uber?

 

I would personally call the original magni accurate, or perhaps not colored, as opposed to bright.

 

I have an original magni, not a 2 or uber, so I can't say much about the recent updates. My original has sufficient power to drive anything from 32 to 250 ohm cans with plenty of reserve (it'll probably handle higher impedance cans, but I have none to test that with).

post #2194 of 2201

Question: 

 

The Magni 2 has an option to be used as a pre-amp with variable line-outs.  Is it possible to set this as a fixed line-out that is not effected by the volume pot?  Whether this be an option at point of sale or a DIY fix, I'd be interested in knowing if this is something anyone here has tried.

post #2195 of 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay628 View Post
 

Guys I need help!

So I purchased the magni back in Taiwan, it came with of course the AB plug with 110V. Now I moved to Hong Kong, the voltage here is 220/230 with UK plug. I bought a AC/AC step down converter but when i plug them together, its nto working and theres a burning smell! 

What should I do in this case? ( Assuming the magni is still functional...) I e-mailed schitt about this problem but they just ask me to buy another adapter at their site which I don't want to because the shipping is just too much...

Please help and thanks in advance!

does the box itself smell or just the adapter?

if the magni smells... well you broke it.

post #2196 of 2201
I think its the adapter but its lights still on tho...I am not sure..I am just wondering is it supposed to work like that or I am doing something wrong?
post #2197 of 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay628 View Post

I think its the adapter but its lights still on tho...I am not sure..I am just wondering is it supposed to work like that or I am doing something wrong?

have you tried to play anything through it?

post #2198 of 2201
The magni? No, it can't be turned on..
post #2199 of 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonter View Post

So if I got this correctly, the magni has a netural to bright sound presentation right..?  this is actually what I am looking for.   I am planning to order soon a modi2/magni2 uber stack.    
Is there a difference in sound between the magni normal version and the uber?

Go to the Schiitstorm forum (started by Jason Stoddard himself). I posted my comparison impressions in post #1472 on page 99. I hope it helps.
post #2200 of 2201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuneslover View Post


Go to the Schiitstorm forum (started by Jason Stoddard himself). I posted my comparison impressions in post #1472 on page 99. I hope it helps.

Thanks, I actually bought the modi/magni uber stack and love it, sound is very clean with very good instruments separation.  Schiit make very high quality gear.

post #2201 of 2201

Have anyone compared Magni 2 Uber vs Matrix M-stage Hpa-2 with HD800.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier