One more thing if your headphones end in a 3.5mm (1/8") tip you will need a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter to use the magni
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on Today at 10:32 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on Today at 2:16 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Want to improve sound at work Last post on 8/13/14 at 2:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 144
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depending on your source, it means that if you turn it up all the way you'll probably fry your headphones and go deaf.
Seriously, that's a lot of power for most cans outside of the HE6.
Well I just tried the Magni for the first time. I don't know why I had any doubts about it powering my 70ohms. With everything at full volume on the computer, I can't even turn the volume on the Magni past 9 o'clock without it being too loud. Extremely powerful amp. Like it so far!
I use my Magni to drive cans from 32 ohms to 250 ohms, and they all work fine. I can get ear-bleeding volume levels from the Magni, even with the 250 ohm cans. So 70 ohms would be just fine.
I got a Magni to tide me over while troubleshooting a Burson Soloist. Now that the Soloist is up and running, I think I would have a very difficult time distinguishing between them in a blind or double-blind scenario.
Except the Magni is capable of more output level to the He-560's and Alpha Dogs.
Very, very impressed, to say the least.
Am using the Magni more nowadays to drive my HE-500 despite having the Mjolnir. I somehow found the MJ to be smoother sounding and didn't sound aggressive enough for some of my metal recordings..
Got my Magni/Modi yesterday in the mail. Mostly based on comments here (I trust this site - seems to have the most folks who know headphones). And I've been to a head-fi meet and was VERY impressed with the folks there.
Anyway, I probably will give a better review once I've spent more time with them and done more A/B comparisons. But for now, here goes...
I got the M/M with the PYST RCA cables. Prior to the M/M my go to phones are some ADL H118's with the ADL GT40 USB DAC + amp. I didn't buy the M/M's to replace the ADL's, but rather to mate with some AKG K701's for work. However, I have been trying them side-by-side at home, including using the H118's with the M/M.
Overall, I'm not finding a big "winner" between the ADL GT40 vs. M/M. I may notice a difference later, but for now both are very good and that's a compliment to Schiit as the ADL GT40 costs a few times the M/M.
LIke I said more details later once I've spent more time with them...
For now a couple observations;
- DO NOT USE a cheap/long USB cable with the M/M. I already had a 10 foot fairly cheap USB cable to the ADL setup, so at first I just swapped the M/M. Don't do that! they sounded awful, and confused both Windows and Linux drivers. I swapped for a better/shorter cable with a ceramic button inductor and everything got MUCH better. The ADL's don't care about the USB Cable and sound the same with either cable.
- I haven't read every post, but has anyone figured out what are the orange lights inside the Magni?
- I also tried just the Modi with my tube amp (a DIY EL84 SE amp with some nice iron from Transcendar) and Dynaco A25's. I also call this setup my "headphones" as the whole thing right is behind me on a shelf in my office and pointed at my head, so I'm listening "near field", which is pretty much like headphones at times. Also sounds quite good.
Long term I'm going to swap out the Magni for a DIY OTL tube headphone amp, but I need to finish building it, so the Magni will get a lot of use before then - projects go pretty slow around here.
They're a functional part of the circuit; I'm sure Jason could answer definitively, but I think they're for biasing the output or something (I'm not an EE, and it's been a while since I saw the answer, so I'm likely wrong on their specific function).
quick question why do some of you say make sure the volume of the pc is at 100%? I have it at 20 and 9 o'clock is plenty loud for everything but games. Wouldn't 100 blow my ear drums or am I missing something?
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 12 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 57 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Brand New Sealed iPad Mini (16GB, WiFi) and included Logitech... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under $500 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)