One more thing if your headphones end in a 3.5mm (1/8") tip you will need a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter to use the magni
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Want to improve sound at work Last post on 8/13/14 at 2:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- SHORT AND SWEET! Last post on 6/30/14 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- JDS O2 + ODAC with my AKG K550 Last post on 6/25/14 at 3:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- linux setup with magni Last post on 6/20/14 at 12:05am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Can you plug speakers (av40) into a headphone amp (schiit magni)? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier - Page 144
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depending on your source, it means that if you turn it up all the way you'll probably fry your headphones and go deaf.
Seriously, that's a lot of power for most cans outside of the HE6.
Well I just tried the Magni for the first time. I don't know why I had any doubts about it powering my 70ohms. With everything at full volume on the computer, I can't even turn the volume on the Magni past 9 o'clock without it being too loud. Extremely powerful amp. Like it so far!
I use my Magni to drive cans from 32 ohms to 250 ohms, and they all work fine. I can get ear-bleeding volume levels from the Magni, even with the 250 ohm cans. So 70 ohms would be just fine.
I got a Magni to tide me over while troubleshooting a Burson Soloist. Now that the Soloist is up and running, I think I would have a very difficult time distinguishing between them in a blind or double-blind scenario.
Except the Magni is capable of more output level to the He-560's and Alpha Dogs.
Very, very impressed, to say the least.
Am using the Magni more nowadays to drive my HE-500 despite having the Mjolnir. I somehow found the MJ to be smoother sounding and didn't sound aggressive enough for some of my metal recordings..
- Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Momentum VS MDR-1R? 59 seconds ago
- › Notes: FiiO E10K & E11K (based on pre-production/beta engineering... 1 minute ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: "Pop" goes DSD. (page 122) 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)