- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Magni V1 volume pot Last post on 3/2/15 at 1:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? Last post on 12/28/14 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Magni/Modi vs Fulla? Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
One day before a long trip I found out that my earbuds was blown out, so I went to one near store to find some quick replacement, then I choose these because there was none of my...
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This Magni sure packs plenty of power. I can't crank it beyond the eight o'clock position for fear of making my ears bleed.
Forget my previous mentioned concern of it being warm to the touch. It's fine.
Do you guys think buying both the DAC and the Amp is a good upgrade from an Asus Xonar STX or should I stay put?? My speakers are terrible so rarely use them, I listen mainly through my AKG's.
Just a clarification, that's caused by the gain of the amp, not the power.
How loud an amp gets based on the position of the volume knob is a variable of gain, the maximum loudness attainable would have to do with maximum output power.
How long did it take you to realize you were in the UK? I hope it wasn't while you were driving!
My Modi/Magni stack is here! I'm going to take some time and fully compare it to the Bifrost/Asgard, but initial impressions are positive. It's certainly good for the price, but it'll take some more time to determine exactly how good (and whether it changes with some burn-in at that).
Edit: I have to wonder if Schiit burns in the M&M like they do all their other stuff, since mine seems to have changed fairly dramatically in the first couple hours for the better. I need to get some more hours on it and then do some comparisons, but revised first impressions are that it's a lot closer to Bifrost/Asgard than I initially thought.
Edited by Defiant00 - 12/27/12 at 11:39pm
Sorry, I no longer own the 650s. Believe, I would love to own them, but I can't afford them as a secondary can. I only need one main music can, and one comfort can when laying down and watching anime, tv shows, etc. . The Yuin G1a is my allternative to the 650, so much that it sounds quite similar.
Pretty sure the 650 would sound great with the Schiit mini stack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/28/12 at 1:21am
LOL. Epic fail on my part I must admit.
Any estimate when these will become available in the UK?
I got my M&M stack this week. I have a pair of HD650s and the last few days have been a "I don't know why I even bothered listening to music before" kind of experience. I've been hearing all kinds of things in my music I've never heard before. To keep it in perspective my previous dac/amps have been a Fiio E10, Headroom Total Bithead, and IBasso DB1/PB1.
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 2 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 8 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 12 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 52 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2