- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on 9/17/14 at 3:19pm in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This Magni sure packs plenty of power. I can't crank it beyond the eight o'clock position for fear of making my ears bleed.
Forget my previous mentioned concern of it being warm to the touch. It's fine.
Do you guys think buying both the DAC and the Amp is a good upgrade from an Asus Xonar STX or should I stay put?? My speakers are terrible so rarely use them, I listen mainly through my AKG's.
Just a clarification, that's caused by the gain of the amp, not the power.
How loud an amp gets based on the position of the volume knob is a variable of gain, the maximum loudness attainable would have to do with maximum output power.
How long did it take you to realize you were in the UK? I hope it wasn't while you were driving!
My Modi/Magni stack is here! I'm going to take some time and fully compare it to the Bifrost/Asgard, but initial impressions are positive. It's certainly good for the price, but it'll take some more time to determine exactly how good (and whether it changes with some burn-in at that).
Edit: I have to wonder if Schiit burns in the M&M like they do all their other stuff, since mine seems to have changed fairly dramatically in the first couple hours for the better. I need to get some more hours on it and then do some comparisons, but revised first impressions are that it's a lot closer to Bifrost/Asgard than I initially thought.
Edited by Defiant00 - 12/27/12 at 11:39pm
Sorry, I no longer own the 650s. Believe, I would love to own them, but I can't afford them as a secondary can. I only need one main music can, and one comfort can when laying down and watching anime, tv shows, etc. . The Yuin G1a is my allternative to the 650, so much that it sounds quite similar.
Pretty sure the 650 would sound great with the Schiit mini stack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/28/12 at 1:21am
LOL. Epic fail on my part I must admit.
Any estimate when these will become available in the UK?
I got my M&M stack this week. I have a pair of HD650s and the last few days have been a "I don't know why I even bothered listening to music before" kind of experience. I've been hearing all kinds of things in my music I've never heard before. To keep it in perspective my previous dac/amps have been a Fiio E10, Headroom Total Bithead, and IBasso DB1/PB1.
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › Need recommendations for computer speakers under $120 1 minute ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 2 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 minutes ago
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)