- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Multiple Inputs to Schiit Magni Last post on 12/10/13 at 10:28am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Hi, I'm new and need help with choosing components Last post on 12/10/13 at 1:19am in Computer Audio
- Android Bluetooth DAC advice Last post on 12/5/13 at 8:03pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AMPLIFIER for AKG 240 Monitor (6oo Ohms) Last post on 12/7/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Gaming with a USB DAC and mic Last post on Today at 8:54 am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 43
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This Magni sure packs plenty of power. I can't crank it beyond the eight o'clock position for fear of making my ears bleed.
Forget my previous mentioned concern of it being warm to the touch. It's fine.
Do you guys think buying both the DAC and the Amp is a good upgrade from an Asus Xonar STX or should I stay put?? My speakers are terrible so rarely use them, I listen mainly through my AKG's.
Just a clarification, that's caused by the gain of the amp, not the power.
How loud an amp gets based on the position of the volume knob is a variable of gain, the maximum loudness attainable would have to do with maximum output power.
How long did it take you to realize you were in the UK? I hope it wasn't while you were driving!
My Modi/Magni stack is here! I'm going to take some time and fully compare it to the Bifrost/Asgard, but initial impressions are positive. It's certainly good for the price, but it'll take some more time to determine exactly how good (and whether it changes with some burn-in at that).
Edit: I have to wonder if Schiit burns in the M&M like they do all their other stuff, since mine seems to have changed fairly dramatically in the first couple hours for the better. I need to get some more hours on it and then do some comparisons, but revised first impressions are that it's a lot closer to Bifrost/Asgard than I initially thought.
Edited by Defiant00 - 12/27/12 at 11:39pm
Sorry, I no longer own the 650s. Believe, I would love to own them, but I can't afford them as a secondary can. I only need one main music can, and one comfort can when laying down and watching anime, tv shows, etc. . The Yuin G1a is my allternative to the 650, so much that it sounds quite similar.
Pretty sure the 650 would sound great with the Schiit mini stack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/28/12 at 1:21am
LOL. Epic fail on my part I must admit.
Any estimate when these will become available in the UK?
I got my M&M stack this week. I have a pair of HD650s and the last few days have been a "I don't know why I even bothered listening to music before" kind of experience. I've been hearing all kinds of things in my music I've never heard before. To keep it in perspective my previous dac/amps have been a Fiio E10, Headroom Total Bithead, and IBasso DB1/PB1.
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 11 seconds ago
- › Comply Ts-100 black 20 seconds ago
- › Need advice choosing headphone! 45 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 59 seconds ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 4 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe