- 2,220 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: The O.K. Corral
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on Today at 10:32 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on Today at 2:16 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on Today at 10:35 am in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Want to improve sound at work Last post on 8/13/14 at 2:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This Magni sure packs plenty of power. I can't crank it beyond the eight o'clock position for fear of making my ears bleed.
Forget my previous mentioned concern of it being warm to the touch. It's fine.
Do you guys think buying both the DAC and the Amp is a good upgrade from an Asus Xonar STX or should I stay put?? My speakers are terrible so rarely use them, I listen mainly through my AKG's.
Just a clarification, that's caused by the gain of the amp, not the power.
How loud an amp gets based on the position of the volume knob is a variable of gain, the maximum loudness attainable would have to do with maximum output power.
How long did it take you to realize you were in the UK? I hope it wasn't while you were driving!
My Modi/Magni stack is here! I'm going to take some time and fully compare it to the Bifrost/Asgard, but initial impressions are positive. It's certainly good for the price, but it'll take some more time to determine exactly how good (and whether it changes with some burn-in at that).
Edit: I have to wonder if Schiit burns in the M&M like they do all their other stuff, since mine seems to have changed fairly dramatically in the first couple hours for the better. I need to get some more hours on it and then do some comparisons, but revised first impressions are that it's a lot closer to Bifrost/Asgard than I initially thought.
Edited by Defiant00 - 12/27/12 at 11:39pm
Sorry, I no longer own the 650s. Believe, I would love to own them, but I can't afford them as a secondary can. I only need one main music can, and one comfort can when laying down and watching anime, tv shows, etc. . The Yuin G1a is my allternative to the 650, so much that it sounds quite similar.
Pretty sure the 650 would sound great with the Schiit mini stack.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 12/28/12 at 1:21am
LOL. Epic fail on my part I must admit.
Any estimate when these will become available in the UK?
I got my M&M stack this week. I have a pair of HD650s and the last few days have been a "I don't know why I even bothered listening to music before" kind of experience. I've been hearing all kinds of things in my music I've never heard before. To keep it in perspective my previous dac/amps have been a Fiio E10, Headroom Total Bithead, and IBasso DB1/PB1.
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › Music Game IX 2 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 33 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 2 minutes ago
- › iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? 3 minutes ago
- › help - Fiio E9 top slot is loose 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 or DX50/DX90 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)