I also like separates. As long as they stack up pretty. I would rather the power supply and transformers in a separate box as well. (Not for $99) I understand that..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm + Schiit Magni Last post on 4/21/14 at 11:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm + Schiit Magni Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- A Little Help with DAC and Tube Amp Combination Last post on 3/24/14 at 2:38pm in Dedicated Source Components
- High pitched squeal coming through headphones Last post on 3/19/14 at 5:47pm in Computer Audio
- Analogue Amp only Last post on 3/20/14 at 7:25pm in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's still much better than comparing cables.
Now who wants to buy a Fiio E9 anymore, when this thing has almost double the power output, same price and is made in USA? Plus MUCH lower output impedance..
It's a killer product if it sounds good.
Edited by Headzone - 12/12/12 at 1:31pm
I see what you did there
Congratulations to Jason and team on the new Schiits. Really looking forward to the reviews... I'd love to be able to recommend these to folks instead of the O2/ODAC, Audio-gd, Fiio, etc. stuff.
And just when I had posted (in another thread) that I was done with headphones/headphone-related buys, along comes this Schitt!!!!
Love this from the FAQ:
We did. It’s just in a different chassis and costs another $99. It’s called “Modi.” Stack the two and tell yourself it’s a combined DAC/Amp for $198.
I think I'm going to byte on the amp and take it to the office... maybe I'll even stop using my Leckerton UHA-6SMKII!!
That should be their next $99 product... a power supply with two outputs.
Edited by Armaegis - 12/12/12 at 2:05pm
Great idea. They should listen to this Schiit.
No, it comes with a toothbrush and dental floss.
I was just looking around for a ~$100 DAC!
Almost sure I'm gonna buy these, but what does this mean?
Does that mean I won't get the most out of it if I plug it in my computer?
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 38 seconds ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica IM50 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Lampizator Level 5 Generation 4 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude