I also like separates. As long as they stack up pretty. I would rather the power supply and transformers in a separate box as well. (Not for $99) I understand that..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's still much better than comparing cables.
Now who wants to buy a Fiio E9 anymore, when this thing has almost double the power output, same price and is made in USA? Plus MUCH lower output impedance..
It's a killer product if it sounds good.
Edited by Headzone - 12/12/12 at 1:31pm
I see what you did there
Congratulations to Jason and team on the new Schiits. Really looking forward to the reviews... I'd love to be able to recommend these to folks instead of the O2/ODAC, Audio-gd, Fiio, etc. stuff.
And just when I had posted (in another thread) that I was done with headphones/headphone-related buys, along comes this Schitt!!!!
Love this from the FAQ:
We did. It’s just in a different chassis and costs another $99. It’s called “Modi.” Stack the two and tell yourself it’s a combined DAC/Amp for $198.
I think I'm going to byte on the amp and take it to the office... maybe I'll even stop using my Leckerton UHA-6SMKII!!
That should be their next $99 product... a power supply with two outputs.
Edited by Armaegis - 12/12/12 at 2:05pm
Great idea. They should listen to this Schiit.
No, it comes with a toothbrush and dental floss.
I was just looking around for a ~$100 DAC!
Almost sure I'm gonna buy these, but what does this mean?
Does that mean I won't get the most out of it if I plug it in my computer?
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › In need of desktop amp to power Klipsch - WB14 & subwoofer 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)