I also like separates. As long as they stack up pretty. I would rather the power supply and transformers in a separate box as well. (Not for $99) I understand that..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on 9/17/14 at 3:19pm in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's still much better than comparing cables.
Now who wants to buy a Fiio E9 anymore, when this thing has almost double the power output, same price and is made in USA? Plus MUCH lower output impedance..
It's a killer product if it sounds good.
Edited by Headzone - 12/12/12 at 1:31pm
I see what you did there
Congratulations to Jason and team on the new Schiits. Really looking forward to the reviews... I'd love to be able to recommend these to folks instead of the O2/ODAC, Audio-gd, Fiio, etc. stuff.
And just when I had posted (in another thread) that I was done with headphones/headphone-related buys, along comes this Schitt!!!!
Love this from the FAQ:
We did. It’s just in a different chassis and costs another $99. It’s called “Modi.” Stack the two and tell yourself it’s a combined DAC/Amp for $198.
I think I'm going to byte on the amp and take it to the office... maybe I'll even stop using my Leckerton UHA-6SMKII!!
That should be their next $99 product... a power supply with two outputs.
Edited by Armaegis - 12/12/12 at 2:05pm
Great idea. They should listen to this Schiit.
No, it comes with a toothbrush and dental floss.
I was just looking around for a ~$100 DAC!
Almost sure I'm gonna buy these, but what does this mean?
Does that mean I won't get the most out of it if I plug it in my computer?
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 with xbox 360? 5 minutes ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 5 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)