I also like separates. As long as they stack up pretty. I would rather the power supply and transformers in a separate box as well. (Not for $99) I understand that..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Magni V1 volume pot Last post on 3/2/15 at 1:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? Last post on 12/28/14 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Magni/Modi vs Fulla? Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's still much better than comparing cables.
Now who wants to buy a Fiio E9 anymore, when this thing has almost double the power output, same price and is made in USA? Plus MUCH lower output impedance..
It's a killer product if it sounds good.
Edited by Headzone - 12/12/12 at 1:31pm
I see what you did there
Congratulations to Jason and team on the new Schiits. Really looking forward to the reviews... I'd love to be able to recommend these to folks instead of the O2/ODAC, Audio-gd, Fiio, etc. stuff.
And just when I had posted (in another thread) that I was done with headphones/headphone-related buys, along comes this Schitt!!!!
Love this from the FAQ:
We did. It’s just in a different chassis and costs another $99. It’s called “Modi.” Stack the two and tell yourself it’s a combined DAC/Amp for $198.
I think I'm going to byte on the amp and take it to the office... maybe I'll even stop using my Leckerton UHA-6SMKII!!
That should be their next $99 product... a power supply with two outputs.
Edited by Armaegis - 12/12/12 at 2:05pm
Great idea. They should listen to this Schiit.
No, it comes with a toothbrush and dental floss.
I was just looking around for a ~$100 DAC!
Almost sure I'm gonna buy these, but what does this mean?
Does that mean I won't get the most out of it if I plug it in my computer?
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 12 seconds ago
- › Stax 727 Voltage Conversion 100 to 117 (Help) 1 minute ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Chi Unify 9 when and where? 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › [Headphone Help] Looking for a follow-up to the ATH-M50. Preferably... 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2