- 59 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: North Dallas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Possible AC PSU for Magni amp. I use this company's DC1 PSU for my sqeezebox, originally used on my Onkyo ND-S1
yes, let's all use an ac power supply that's more than twice the cost of the magni and once we don't like the magni, we'll be stuck with the "AC" power supply.
Friends for life.
Team Patrick & Spongebob.
haha.. no kidding.
haha.. no kidding.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I feel like this is pretty much Head-fi in a nutshell. Mods 2x the cost of the item are fairly common around these parts (cables, anyone?).
Or the KSC75's. I would buy $50-100 wooden cups to fit these things if I could :P
I'm going to spend $1000 on headphone cables so that my $99 Schiit Modi balances out with the cables and ends up sounding like a $500 DAC.
And while im at it, im going to build an aluminum hat so that EMi/RF, Aliens, Ancient Burial Spirits, and Chupacabra's can't disturb the purity of the signal that is entering my brain.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
Do most DAC families have a flavor? I have tried a couple budget Sabre DAC's and they seem to have a similar sound to them. Does anyone know if this might hold true for the AKM chips and the Modi? I have one coming and just want to know if might represent the kind of sound that I would get from a bigger/better implementation like the Gungnir.
Believe it or not, Mike came to me first, holding something that looked like a slightly larger version of the Bifrost's USB input board. I thought, "Oh no, do we have to revise the board or something?" Then I saw the RCA outputs.
So you can blame Mike for all of this. He really likes budget gear, and he likes to talk about all the quality parts there are in a Modi, how many power supplies, etc--which reminds me, we need to get a board out for photography....
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 47 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 51 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Test Tracks 2 minutes ago
- › HD650 or K7xx 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 4 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)