- 59 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: North Dallas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Magni V1 volume pot Last post on 3/2/15 at 1:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? Last post on 12/28/14 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Magni/Modi vs Fulla? Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Possible AC PSU for Magni amp. I use this company's DC1 PSU for my sqeezebox, originally used on my Onkyo ND-S1
yes, let's all use an ac power supply that's more than twice the cost of the magni and once we don't like the magni, we'll be stuck with the "AC" power supply.
Friends for life.
Team Patrick & Spongebob.
haha.. no kidding.
haha.. no kidding.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I feel like this is pretty much Head-fi in a nutshell. Mods 2x the cost of the item are fairly common around these parts (cables, anyone?).
Or the KSC75's. I would buy $50-100 wooden cups to fit these things if I could :P
I'm going to spend $1000 on headphone cables so that my $99 Schiit Modi balances out with the cables and ends up sounding like a $500 DAC.
And while im at it, im going to build an aluminum hat so that EMi/RF, Aliens, Ancient Burial Spirits, and Chupacabra's can't disturb the purity of the signal that is entering my brain.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
Do most DAC families have a flavor? I have tried a couple budget Sabre DAC's and they seem to have a similar sound to them. Does anyone know if this might hold true for the AKM chips and the Modi? I have one coming and just want to know if might represent the kind of sound that I would get from a bigger/better implementation like the Gungnir.
Believe it or not, Mike came to me first, holding something that looked like a slightly larger version of the Bifrost's USB input board. I thought, "Oh no, do we have to revise the board or something?" Then I saw the RCA outputs.
So you can blame Mike for all of this. He really likes budget gear, and he likes to talk about all the quality parts there are in a Modi, how many power supplies, etc--which reminds me, we need to get a board out for photography....
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 31 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › FS Eddie Current Monolith "Dorkstar" 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)