- 57 Posts. Joined 1/2011
- Location: North Dallas
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on Today at 8:06 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on 9/17/14 at 3:19pm in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Moving away from DT-990(250Ohms) Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Possible AC PSU for Magni amp. I use this company's DC1 PSU for my sqeezebox, originally used on my Onkyo ND-S1
yes, let's all use an ac power supply that's more than twice the cost of the magni and once we don't like the magni, we'll be stuck with the "AC" power supply.
Friends for life.
Team Patrick & Spongebob.
haha.. no kidding.
haha.. no kidding.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I feel like this is pretty much Head-fi in a nutshell. Mods 2x the cost of the item are fairly common around these parts (cables, anyone?).
Or the KSC75's. I would buy $50-100 wooden cups to fit these things if I could :P
I'm going to spend $1000 on headphone cables so that my $99 Schiit Modi balances out with the cables and ends up sounding like a $500 DAC.
And while im at it, im going to build an aluminum hat so that EMi/RF, Aliens, Ancient Burial Spirits, and Chupacabra's can't disturb the purity of the signal that is entering my brain.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
Do most DAC families have a flavor? I have tried a couple budget Sabre DAC's and they seem to have a similar sound to them. Does anyone know if this might hold true for the AKM chips and the Modi? I have one coming and just want to know if might represent the kind of sound that I would get from a bigger/better implementation like the Gungnir.
Believe it or not, Mike came to me first, holding something that looked like a slightly larger version of the Bifrost's USB input board. I thought, "Oh no, do we have to revise the board or something?" Then I saw the RCA outputs.
So you can blame Mike for all of this. He really likes budget gear, and he likes to talk about all the quality parts there are in a Modi, how many power supplies, etc--which reminds me, we need to get a board out for photography....
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 1 minute ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)