Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 85

post #1261 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikolad View Post
 

 

Are you saying that USB power supply units are a bluff? :)

Or will it be more noticeable in higher end DACs?


That too.

And no, pretty much all "higher end" DACs come with their own power supplies and do not power directly off of a USB port.

post #1262 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 


That too.

And no, pretty much all "higher end" DACs come with their own power supplies and do not power directly off of a USB port.

 

Good point, lol

Well I don't think I would have bought one anyway, but it's nice to rest my mind that I'm not missing out on anything special :)

post #1263 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikolad View Post
 

 

Good point, lol

Well I don't think I would have bought one anyway, but it's nice to rest my mind that I'm not missing out on anything special :)


:) Lots of snake oil in this business thats for sure. Just make sure everything you buy can be returned for a full refund!

post #1264 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_r_ View Post
 


:) Lots of snake oil in this business thats for sure. Just make sure everything you buy can be returned for a full refund!

 

Yeah that and overpricing! There seems to be more and more of that schiit as time goes by...

post #1265 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikolad View Post
 

 

Yeah that and overpricing! There seems to be more and more of that schiit as time goes by...


Yep.

post #1266 of 1366

Modi+Magni is a good combo for grado sr225 or shure 535?

All the schiits headphone jacket are 6.3 or 3.5 mm?

Where I can buy Schiit in Canada, or I have to order online from USA?

post #1267 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vemon View Post

Modi+Magni is a good combo for grado sr225 or shure 535?
All the schiits headphone jacket are 6.3 or 3.5 mm?
Where I can buy Schiit in Canada, or I have to order online from USA?

1/4" jack (6.3)
I love my magni/modi with all my grados
Order from schiit, it's painless, fast and cheap. I'm in Canada also.
post #1268 of 1366

 

One Schiit Stack for all my needs

post #1269 of 1366

I was looking at the hardware of the magni modi combo and it seems pathetically low tech to me.

 

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/magni_05.jpg

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/modi_05.jpg

 

The Audio-GD NFB-15.32 is only a little more exspensive then the magni modi combo and It seems to me that its 1000x more advanced.....am I wrong?

 

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.321.JPG

post #1270 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTizMLG View Post

I was looking at the hardware of the magni modi combo and it seems pathetically low tech to me.

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/magni_05.jpg
http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/modi_05.jpg

The Audio-GD NFB-15.32 is only a little more exspensive then the magni modi combo and It seems to me that its 1000x more advanced.....am I wrong?

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.321.JPG
If you may recall, the very first vacuum tube was originally produced in the early 19th century, so it is decidedly, or perhaps even pathetically, "low tech". And yet some of the most acoustically pleasing audio gear is drive by these ultra low tech devices.

At the end of the day, the name of this game is output quality. Who gives a Schiit whether the product is low tech or advanced, as long as it sounds sublime to our ears? Pick the one that sounds better to your ears and/or wallet, and just let the tunes play on.
post #1271 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTizMLG View Post
 

I was looking at the hardware of the magni modi combo and it seems pathetically low tech to me.

 

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/magni_05.jpg

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/modi_05.jpg

 

The Audio-GD NFB-15.32 is only a little more exspensive then the magni modi combo and It seems to me that its 1000x more advanced.....am I wrong?

 

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.321.JPG

Because more components cluttering the signal path is TOTALLY a good thing. :/

 

Audio-GD makes very poorly designed amps. So in short, yes, you're wrong.

post #1272 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTizMLG View Post
 

I was looking at the hardware of the magni modi combo and it seems pathetically low tech to me.

 

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/magni_05.jpg

http://schiit.com/public/upload/general/modi_05.jpg

 

The Audio-GD NFB-15.32 is only a little more exspensive then the magni modi combo and It seems to me that its 1000x more advanced.....am I wrong?

 

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.321.JPG

Jesus, what the heck is going on inside that amp!

post #1273 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post
 

Jesus, what the heck is going on inside that amp!

Which amp are you referring to?

post #1274 of 1366
Quote:
Originally Posted by jTizMLG View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post
 

Jesus, what the heck is going on inside that amp!

Which amp are you referring to?

Uh, probably the one that's a total cluster**** of parts. 

 

The Magni and Modi are very clean designs. Perhaps not the best implementation of their parts but we're talking about a $99 amp and DAC. I'd take them over a deficiently designed product like the NFB-15.32 any day.


Edited by takato14 - 2/27/14 at 5:31pm
post #1275 of 1366

It's only started as of late, but my longer headphone cords are having a lot of hiss and interference now with my magni. Like any cable longer than 6ft, but anything below that is perfectly fine. Not sure what the deal is, would anyone have an idea?


Edited by indieroll - 3/17/14 at 6:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC