- 14,508 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd just pick one that looks sturdy enough...
That looks fine.
this is a must have for me --since I have 30 headphones and not all of them work well with Lyr, which produce quite some background noise on a lot of the low impedence high sensitivity cans I have, including ad900, but Jason, could you update the resellers in anyway for them to be available on Amazon? That is where I bought the Lyr Bifrost USB, even though after a year I decided to finally buy a MF vlink 192 to utilize the spdif advantage...but that's another topic...and back to the topic..I hate to have to buy it straight from the website, although I would not mind---I mean I will have fund to make the purchase in about 2 weeks and before then I will have more reviews on these nice pairs but other than that I am surely buying them
These are ONLY designed for direct sale--no margin in them for resellers.
Jason and Mike are the Schiit. I wish I I could order a Magni right now but I have to buy Christmas gifts for other members of my household........dammit. I'm also torn between purchasing a Modi first because I do have other Headphone Amps I can use. Or replacing my long-in-the-tooth Rega Ear Amp, I sure would like to buy a fully discrete Magni as a replacement. Oh well, I'll probably have to wait to make a decision on this next month anyway. I hope all Head-Fier's have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Happy Listening.
Ah, you're probably right. Oh bother, it will still work well at my desk. :)
SOLUTION FOUND!!! :D
This is very interesting. Subscribed. I wonder how this duo would pair with DT990 ~ 600Ω from beyerdynamic. Jason , can you comment on this? If it turns out great, I wouldn't mind upgrading to this at all!
Edited by Destroysall - 12/13/12 at 8:43am
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 10 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 21 seconds ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 23 seconds ago
- › Heir 8.A vs UM Merlin: Urgent Advice 24 seconds ago
- › "Save my ears!" - For Home & Travel - For... 45 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)