- 14,222 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some help deciding on a pair? Last post on 9/23/14 at 1:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- Buying Creative Sound Blaster Z for optical out use only Last post on 9/17/14 at 3:19pm in Computer Audio
- Optimizing Audio Quality Last post on 8/17/14 at 5:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd just pick one that looks sturdy enough...
That looks fine.
this is a must have for me --since I have 30 headphones and not all of them work well with Lyr, which produce quite some background noise on a lot of the low impedence high sensitivity cans I have, including ad900, but Jason, could you update the resellers in anyway for them to be available on Amazon? That is where I bought the Lyr Bifrost USB, even though after a year I decided to finally buy a MF vlink 192 to utilize the spdif advantage...but that's another topic...and back to the topic..I hate to have to buy it straight from the website, although I would not mind---I mean I will have fund to make the purchase in about 2 weeks and before then I will have more reviews on these nice pairs but other than that I am surely buying them
These are ONLY designed for direct sale--no margin in them for resellers.
Jason and Mike are the Schiit. I wish I I could order a Magni right now but I have to buy Christmas gifts for other members of my household........dammit. I'm also torn between purchasing a Modi first because I do have other Headphone Amps I can use. Or replacing my long-in-the-tooth Rega Ear Amp, I sure would like to buy a fully discrete Magni as a replacement. Oh well, I'll probably have to wait to make a decision on this next month anyway. I hope all Head-Fier's have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Happy Listening.
Ah, you're probably right. Oh bother, it will still work well at my desk. :)
SOLUTION FOUND!!! :D
This is very interesting. Subscribed. I wonder how this duo would pair with DT990 ~ 600Ω from beyerdynamic. Jason , can you comment on this? If it turns out great, I wouldn't mind upgrading to this at all!
Edited by Destroysall - 12/13/12 at 8:43am
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 8 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3