- 15,269 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Magni V1 volume pot Last post on 3/2/15 at 1:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? Last post on 12/28/14 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Magni/Modi vs Fulla? Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd just pick one that looks sturdy enough...
That looks fine.
this is a must have for me --since I have 30 headphones and not all of them work well with Lyr, which produce quite some background noise on a lot of the low impedence high sensitivity cans I have, including ad900, but Jason, could you update the resellers in anyway for them to be available on Amazon? That is where I bought the Lyr Bifrost USB, even though after a year I decided to finally buy a MF vlink 192 to utilize the spdif advantage...but that's another topic...and back to the topic..I hate to have to buy it straight from the website, although I would not mind---I mean I will have fund to make the purchase in about 2 weeks and before then I will have more reviews on these nice pairs but other than that I am surely buying them
These are ONLY designed for direct sale--no margin in them for resellers.
Jason and Mike are the Schiit. I wish I I could order a Magni right now but I have to buy Christmas gifts for other members of my household........dammit. I'm also torn between purchasing a Modi first because I do have other Headphone Amps I can use. Or replacing my long-in-the-tooth Rega Ear Amp, I sure would like to buy a fully discrete Magni as a replacement. Oh well, I'll probably have to wait to make a decision on this next month anyway. I hope all Head-Fier's have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Happy Listening.
Ah, you're probably right. Oh bother, it will still work well at my desk. :)
SOLUTION FOUND!!! :D
This is very interesting. Subscribed. I wonder how this duo would pair with DT990 ~ 600Ω from beyerdynamic. Jason , can you comment on this? If it turns out great, I wouldn't mind upgrading to this at all!
Edited by Destroysall - 12/13/12 at 8:43am
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 16 seconds ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 32 seconds ago
- › A week ago, I discovered I have Tinnitus, only from my right ear... 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › The State of the Flagships 3 minutes ago
- › Do you own a vintage CD player? (pics please!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › The all new ALO Rx IEM amp! Now on sale. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2