- 14,618 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- What effect does an audio processor have on headphones? Last post on 12/10/14 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- STAX SRS 2170 VS. HiFiMan HE-400 with Magni/Modi Amp and DAC *Opinions needed* Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Magni vs Asgard 2? Last post on 11/4/14 at 9:01am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Desktop amp for HE400's Last post on 10/15/14 at 1:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd just pick one that looks sturdy enough...
That looks fine.
this is a must have for me --since I have 30 headphones and not all of them work well with Lyr, which produce quite some background noise on a lot of the low impedence high sensitivity cans I have, including ad900, but Jason, could you update the resellers in anyway for them to be available on Amazon? That is where I bought the Lyr Bifrost USB, even though after a year I decided to finally buy a MF vlink 192 to utilize the spdif advantage...but that's another topic...and back to the topic..I hate to have to buy it straight from the website, although I would not mind---I mean I will have fund to make the purchase in about 2 weeks and before then I will have more reviews on these nice pairs but other than that I am surely buying them
These are ONLY designed for direct sale--no margin in them for resellers.
Jason and Mike are the Schiit. I wish I I could order a Magni right now but I have to buy Christmas gifts for other members of my household........dammit. I'm also torn between purchasing a Modi first because I do have other Headphone Amps I can use. Or replacing my long-in-the-tooth Rega Ear Amp, I sure would like to buy a fully discrete Magni as a replacement. Oh well, I'll probably have to wait to make a decision on this next month anyway. I hope all Head-Fier's have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Happy Listening.
Ah, you're probably right. Oh bother, it will still work well at my desk. :)
SOLUTION FOUND!!! :D
This is very interesting. Subscribed. I wonder how this duo would pair with DT990 ~ 600Ω from beyerdynamic. Jason , can you comment on this? If it turns out great, I wouldn't mind upgrading to this at all!
Edited by Destroysall - 12/13/12 at 8:43am
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › Music Game IX 9 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 42 seconds ago
- › Need advice on what to get to power AKG K7XX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV music player ( impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 vs. Westone W20 vs. T-Peos H300 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)