- 14,949 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Magnitagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Magni V1 volume pot Last post on Yesterday at 1:44 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC for AKG550 Last post on 1/25/15 at 10:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Amp upgrade? Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:52am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- iBasso D-Zero or get new Schiit? Last post on 12/28/14 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Magni/Modi vs Fulla? Last post on 2/23/15 at 6:24pm in Portable Headphone Amps
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd just pick one that looks sturdy enough...
That looks fine.
this is a must have for me --since I have 30 headphones and not all of them work well with Lyr, which produce quite some background noise on a lot of the low impedence high sensitivity cans I have, including ad900, but Jason, could you update the resellers in anyway for them to be available on Amazon? That is where I bought the Lyr Bifrost USB, even though after a year I decided to finally buy a MF vlink 192 to utilize the spdif advantage...but that's another topic...and back to the topic..I hate to have to buy it straight from the website, although I would not mind---I mean I will have fund to make the purchase in about 2 weeks and before then I will have more reviews on these nice pairs but other than that I am surely buying them
These are ONLY designed for direct sale--no margin in them for resellers.
Jason and Mike are the Schiit. I wish I I could order a Magni right now but I have to buy Christmas gifts for other members of my household........dammit. I'm also torn between purchasing a Modi first because I do have other Headphone Amps I can use. Or replacing my long-in-the-tooth Rega Ear Amp, I sure would like to buy a fully discrete Magni as a replacement. Oh well, I'll probably have to wait to make a decision on this next month anyway. I hope all Head-Fier's have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Happy Listening.
Ah, you're probably right. Oh bother, it will still work well at my desk. :)
SOLUTION FOUND!!! :D
This is very interesting. Subscribed. I wonder how this duo would pair with DT990 ~ 600Ω from beyerdynamic. Jason , can you comment on this? If it turns out great, I wouldn't mind upgrading to this at all!
Edited by Destroysall - 12/13/12 at 8:43am
- This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 10 seconds ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 56 seconds ago
- › New to the Forum/HiFi Headphones... Studio headphones for... 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Help me understand something (modi/magni) + HE-400 and studio... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze LCD XC 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3