Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Best Sound Quality Music Player?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Sound Quality Music Player? - Page 2

post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I remain on the bench about later generations having not heard them. Actually.... I haven't the newer Cowons either. wink.gif

You have/had the C2....

post #17 of 29
The D2+ sounds great, but so does the iPod touch 4G with EQu or Equalizer. And, TBH, I personally despise BBE. It sounds too artificial IMO. But the eq in Rockbox,...that works & sounds fantastic.

Besides, Cowon now uses all old tech parts in their players, and are in the process of "jumping the shark". There's no reason to buy a Cowon any longer. Their sq exclusivity is no longer there. Sony, Samsung, Sansa, even the dreaded Apple,...all are just as good in sq & WAYYYYYYY better in the hardware dept. Well, except Sansa. Their stuff is built like a toy,...
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

You have/had the C2....

Yeah, but C2 is a baby compared to Z2, which would be considered the newer Cowons. Jet Effects 5 I believe? Do your new touches support apps for Jet effects 5 enhancements or just some copy cat BBE feature that cannot sound the same due to the dac chips? I know from my experience the higher models sound better, and C2 didn't reach the older S9 in terms of SQ. At the end of the day my total "8GB" of internal Colorfly CK4+ blow you all away, so there's no proving need to be done here. tongue.gif Drops a big dump on everyone. lol cool.gif

*floats away into the distance*
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/11/12 at 6:20pm
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post

The D2+ sounds great, but so does the iPod touch 4G with EQu or Equalizer. And, TBH, I personally despise BBE. It sounds too artificial IMO. But the eq in Rockbox,...that works & sounds fantastic.
Besides, Cowon now uses all old tech parts in their players, and are in the process of "jumping the shark". There's no reason to buy a Cowon any longer. Their sq exclusivity is no longer there. Sony, Samsung, Sansa, even the dreaded Apple,...all are just as good in sq & WAYYYYYYY better in the hardware dept. Well, except Sansa. Their stuff is built like a toy,...

That is true....but hey, for $30-$40, I can live with it.

post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Yeah, but's a baby compared to Z2, which would be considered the new Cowons. Jet Effects 5 I believe? Do your new touches support apps for Jet effects 5 enhancments or just some copy cat BBE feature that cannot sound the same due to the dac chips? I know from my experience the higher models sound better, and C2 didn't reach the older S9 in terms of SQ. At the day my total "8GB" of internal Colorfly CK4+ blow you all away, so there's no proving need to be done here. tongue.gif Drops a big dump on everyone. lol cool.gif
*floats away into the distance*
Actually, the app for the iPod is the officially licensed BBE. Any more questions? And the DAC is just fantastic,...no FanBoi's claims here. I own multiple brands. And they all sound fantastic. Cowon is doa.
***wipes dust off of shoulder,...hears crickets in the otherwise silent area***
Edited by tds101 - 12/11/12 at 6:23pm
post #21 of 29
The thing is nywytboy68 I'm not here to prove anything? What about you?
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

The thing is nywytboy68 I'm not here to prove anything? What about you?
I am, and that's that there's a player for everyone, and no one brand is best. It's what's best for the individual. Tera Player anyone???rolleyes.gif
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post

I am, and that's that there's a player for everyone, and no one brand is best. It's what's best for the individual. Tera Player anyone???rolleyes.gif

Really? I could of sworn you were here to put Cowon players down in anyway possible when ever someone said something positive. tongue.gif

Good thing I moved onto Colorfly, leaving Cowon fan days far behind me. C4 will be my next goal, which means I have nothing to dispute here.

Goodluck with your cause.
post #24 of 29
Okay.... cease fire, cease fire.... so I can put in my 2c.

I use the zip clip with my w4 and my DT1350 on the go. It runs both beautifully with plenty of headroom and it is very transparent. The ability to rockbox it and easy eq adjustments for different phones if you want is a very nice feature indeed. The size is the major plus. You can drop the damn thing and it will just dangle there from the end of your cable. Won't even pull the IEMs out of your ears much less tug on your headphone cables. To me it is the ideal portable on the go.

If I need a portable to audition different cans for example I will often bring my itouch with the E11. The onboard amp of any ipod that I personally own is noticeably distorted at high volumes compared to the line out with E11 or with the clip at high volumes. I get notice tighter bass with several of my more power hungry phones as well with the E11 which I can run my DT770 premiums (250 ohm) with whereas I don't like them with the clip.

For the Vmoda I would personally carry a clip without question. Lightweight, easy to control, good sound.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Really? I could of sworn you were here to put Cowon players down in anyway possible when ever someone said something positive. tongue.gif
Good thing I moved onto Colorfly, leaving Cowon fan days far behind me. C4 will be my next goal, which means I have nothing to dispute here.
Goodluck with your cause.
Wow!!! I'm so glad to hear that you've moved on to your colorfly & have nothing to prove. Especially since all you do is (FanBoi) rave about only Cowon every chance you seem to get. Now, considering you have nothing to prove, why brag so profusely? Sounds like schoolyard braggadocio to me. I say to each their own, but you say respetitively: get a Cowon. You seem confused,...need some coffee??? wink.gif

And a Rockboxed clip+ or clip zip is an excellent low cost option as well.
Edited by tds101 - 12/11/12 at 6:36pm
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post

Wow!!! I'm so glad to hear that you've moved on to your colorfly & have nothing to prove. Especially since all you do is (FanBoi) rave about only Cowon every chance you seem to get. Now, considering you have nothing to prove, why brag so profusely? Sounds like schoolyard braggadocio to me. I say to each their own, but you say respetitively: get a Cowon. You seem confused,...need some coffee??? wink.gif

I say you're looking for an argument, one you're not going to find.
post #27 of 29
Ok that all solved nothing. Since most players now are of equal footing I would go with the one the sounds the best and does the most for the best value. Sorry I can't justify the price of an iPod touch and restrictions of iTunes vs. other players such as Sony or cowon. If the OP wants storage space go with the cow on or find an old iPod classic. Battery life cowon still is at the top. Ease of use is subjective.
I did have a question; can the new lighting port be used as a Line Out?
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain View Post

Ok that all solved nothing. Since most players now are of equal footing I would go with the one the sounds the best and does the most for the best value. Sorry I can't justify the price of an iPod touch and restrictions of iTunes vs. other players such as Sony or cowon. If the OP wants storage space go with the cow on or find an old iPod classic. Battery life cowon still is at the top. Ease of use is subjective.
I did have a question; can the new lighting port be used as a Line Out?

Well, Sony has some restrictions....unless you buy one of the Android-powered Sony players(which will cost as much as a Touch), you get no FLAC or gapless playback.

Cowon players' epic battery life only holds true for the non-Android devices, but they will let you play FLAC and do gapless.

post #29 of 29
The best bang-for-the-buck players are the iPod video 5.5G sporting Rockbox, or a clip+ or clipzip with Rockbox. Sony's are great, but definitely limited in the capacity dept. 32GB for the Android models is kinda stingy IMO. Now Rockbox a Cowon & you can use a 128GB sdxc card. You do need to keep Rockbox on the sdxc card tho.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Best Sound Quality Music Player?