Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Will the Fiio e6 improve my Audio technica ath m 50's performance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will the Fiio e6 improve my Audio technica ath m 50's performance?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

will a amp like the fiio e6 improve the sound of my ath m 50's?if so is it worth it? if not is there a different portable amp under 50$ that will?

 

also i am looking at these for a desktop amp, will it help the m 50's? Wich one is better?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PHA40-4-Channel-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B003M8NVFS/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

 

or

 

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA400-4-Channel-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B000KIPT30/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_10

 

 

Thanks, im kinda new to this. :)

post #2 of 8
The fiio e6 is alright... but if I were you I'd wait till youve got funds to move up and buy the e7. I've heard the e11 is decent but have not tried it personally. Some may argue otherwise but I've always believed in saving up and buying something you know you will get the most out of.. in this case, for the ath-m50s. Dunno if you have looked into the electric-avenues PA2V2, but for the price I was very pleasantly surprised by how good they sounded with my m50s. Also, Gary was extremely helpful when I asked him about the amp, he actually customized the internal setting to work the best with the m50s. It's a little on the non-slick side, but if you like retro looking objects you'll love this amp for sure.
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by el3ctr0nicz View Post

will a amp like the fiio e6 improve the sound of my ath m 50's?if so is it worth it? if not is there a different portable amp under 50$ that will?

 

also i am looking at these for a desktop amp, will it help the m 50's? Wich one is better?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PHA40-4-Channel-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B003M8NVFS/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

 

or

 

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-HA400-4-Channel-Stereo-Headphone/dp/B000KIPT30/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_10

 

 

Thanks, im kinda new to this. :)

What source(s) will the headphone amplifier be plugged into?

post #4 of 8

I have the M50's & the E6 and it will make them get louder but they can already get loud enough with no amp, I'm waiting for my E07K to come in, hopefully tomorrow or Friday

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

What source(s) will the headphone amplifier be plugged into?

a ipad,ipod,smartphone or computer
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk650 View Post

I have the M50's & the E6 and it will make them get louder but they can already get loud enough with no amp, I'm waiting for my E07K to come in, hopefully tomorrow or Friday

does it make them sound any better?
post #7 of 8

No, just louder which I my case I don't need them to be

post #8 of 8

Just an FYI I got the FiiO E07K today and I can tell you they made a big difference in sound. A lot more to the sound stage now and really improved the the clarity

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Will the Fiio e6 improve my Audio technica ath m 50's performance?