I am looking at a portable amp to drive my m 50's any recommendations? im looking at the e6 right now. also could somebody give me there opinion on this non portable amp. thank every one :)
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step-up from ATH-M50 Last post on 2/20/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just realized you posted twice with the same question.... really? Try asking the m50s appreciation thread
FiiO E11, if you really want an amp. If you want to use an amp, you should really get an LOD as to not degrade the signal by double amping. Depending on your device, this may not be possible. iPhone 5, for example, cannot use an LOD (unless you go Lightning => 30 pin adapter, than an LOD) An amp is not really required for the M50s, though.
I find the E6 pairs well with the m50's.
The thing is the M50's don't really need an amp for power cause they can easily be driven from anything. Really what you want is a sound signature that pairs up with them. The M50's have a bloated bass so something that tightens it up helps improve them a lot, and the E6 has a bass setting that goes nicely with them. Based on the fact you don't need the power you certainly want to go with something cheap as well, and the E6 meets that criteria and then some.
Really worrying about anything more then an entry level portable amp like the E6 isn't required. The M50's are an entry level headphone and anything beyond an entry level amp is a waste of money on them in my opinion, you aren't going to hear any big improvement.
I have M50s. Borrowed a cheap $30 amp. Off my Droid 3, it is night and day. M50s need an amp. All of a sudden, I had bass!
Need to get my own amp but I am waiting till after I get my new smartphone (hoping to get BB10) before deciding on an amp. If BB10 does audio out via USB, I'm getting a bithead or similar.
Edited by kherman - 1/26/13 at 9:15pm
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the... 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 16 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 29 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet #2 -- Fall 2014 -- Pics & Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › National Audio Show UK 2014 - Brief Photo Tour 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)