I am looking at a portable amp to drive my m 50's any recommendations? im looking at the e6 right now. also could somebody give me there opinion on this non portable amp. thank every one :)
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step-up from ATH-M50 Last post on 2/20/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just realized you posted twice with the same question.... really? Try asking the m50s appreciation thread
FiiO E11, if you really want an amp. If you want to use an amp, you should really get an LOD as to not degrade the signal by double amping. Depending on your device, this may not be possible. iPhone 5, for example, cannot use an LOD (unless you go Lightning => 30 pin adapter, than an LOD) An amp is not really required for the M50s, though.
I find the E6 pairs well with the m50's.
The thing is the M50's don't really need an amp for power cause they can easily be driven from anything. Really what you want is a sound signature that pairs up with them. The M50's have a bloated bass so something that tightens it up helps improve them a lot, and the E6 has a bass setting that goes nicely with them. Based on the fact you don't need the power you certainly want to go with something cheap as well, and the E6 meets that criteria and then some.
Really worrying about anything more then an entry level portable amp like the E6 isn't required. The M50's are an entry level headphone and anything beyond an entry level amp is a waste of money on them in my opinion, you aren't going to hear any big improvement.
I have M50s. Borrowed a cheap $30 amp. Off my Droid 3, it is night and day. M50s need an amp. All of a sudden, I had bass!
Need to get my own amp but I am waiting till after I get my new smartphone (hoping to get BB10) before deciding on an amp. If BB10 does audio out via USB, I'm getting a bithead or similar.
Edited by kherman - 1/26/13 at 9:15pm
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 seconds ago
- › UE TF 10s 41 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Portable DAC for car audio use? 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)