I am looking at a portable amp to drive my m 50's any recommendations? im looking at the e6 right now. also could somebody give me there opinion on this non portable amp. thank every one :)
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step-up from ATH-M50 Last post on 2/20/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just realized you posted twice with the same question.... really? Try asking the m50s appreciation thread
FiiO E11, if you really want an amp. If you want to use an amp, you should really get an LOD as to not degrade the signal by double amping. Depending on your device, this may not be possible. iPhone 5, for example, cannot use an LOD (unless you go Lightning => 30 pin adapter, than an LOD) An amp is not really required for the M50s, though.
I find the E6 pairs well with the m50's.
The thing is the M50's don't really need an amp for power cause they can easily be driven from anything. Really what you want is a sound signature that pairs up with them. The M50's have a bloated bass so something that tightens it up helps improve them a lot, and the E6 has a bass setting that goes nicely with them. Based on the fact you don't need the power you certainly want to go with something cheap as well, and the E6 meets that criteria and then some.
Really worrying about anything more then an entry level portable amp like the E6 isn't required. The M50's are an entry level headphone and anything beyond an entry level amp is a waste of money on them in my opinion, you aren't going to hear any big improvement.
I have M50s. Borrowed a cheap $30 amp. Off my Droid 3, it is night and day. M50s need an amp. All of a sudden, I had bass!
Need to get my own amp but I am waiting till after I get my new smartphone (hoping to get BB10) before deciding on an amp. If BB10 does audio out via USB, I'm getting a bithead or similar.
Edited by kherman - 1/26/13 at 9:15pm
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 3 minutes ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › South Florida meet? 11 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 11 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3