I am looking at a portable amp to drive my m 50's any recommendations? im looking at the e6 right now. also could somebody give me there opinion on this non portable amp. thank every one :)
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Step-up from ATH-M50 Last post on 2/20/13 at 9:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-M50s revived my love of hi-fi audio. Now I want an affordable, portable amp for ALAC. Last post on 12/24/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Just realized you posted twice with the same question.... really? Try asking the m50s appreciation thread
FiiO E11, if you really want an amp. If you want to use an amp, you should really get an LOD as to not degrade the signal by double amping. Depending on your device, this may not be possible. iPhone 5, for example, cannot use an LOD (unless you go Lightning => 30 pin adapter, than an LOD) An amp is not really required for the M50s, though.
I find the E6 pairs well with the m50's.
The thing is the M50's don't really need an amp for power cause they can easily be driven from anything. Really what you want is a sound signature that pairs up with them. The M50's have a bloated bass so something that tightens it up helps improve them a lot, and the E6 has a bass setting that goes nicely with them. Based on the fact you don't need the power you certainly want to go with something cheap as well, and the E6 meets that criteria and then some.
Really worrying about anything more then an entry level portable amp like the E6 isn't required. The M50's are an entry level headphone and anything beyond an entry level amp is a waste of money on them in my opinion, you aren't going to hear any big improvement.
I have M50s. Borrowed a cheap $30 amp. Off my Droid 3, it is night and day. M50s need an amp. All of a sudden, I had bass!
Need to get my own amp but I am waiting till after I get my new smartphone (hoping to get BB10) before deciding on an amp. If BB10 does audio out via USB, I'm getting a bithead or similar.
Edited by kherman - 1/26/13 at 9:15pm
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 19 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 36 seconds ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear (Ivory) 4 minutes ago
- › Xonar DG - plugging in computer speakers to side channel possible? 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)