Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K3003tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productAurisonics AS-2tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productFinal Audio Design FI-BA-SStagged by System, 12/13/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review Last post on 6/28/13 at 3:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get one over the other??? (High end IEM - fit ear/ westone) Last post on 3/28/13 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I tried the 334s with various amps (not direct out of my iPhone) and thought it a bit v-shaped in sound actually, so more like IEM versions of the TH900 than the 009s. IEM 009s are called the SR-002s.
To the OP:
if you're sensitive to highs and think W4 are bright do not consider k3003 or FIBASS on your list. However, if you're not afraid and really know your way around eq-ing you can make them sound beautiful.
With proper source and balance amp FAD X give me same sound signature of SR009. (With little smaller sound stage)
I never try fad x but i tried stax009 with good source, i tried fad viii with good source also
The soundsig are quite different
I wonder what fad forte x sounds like
Since beginning this thread, I've picked up the Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX and the FI-BA-SS. And they are both phenomenal at what they do. A yin and yang of sorts. Neither one is a great all-rounder like the 334 probably is, but the things that each of these earphones do, they do astonishingly well.
This may be a little contentious, and I've never heard them (I wish I had the chance to), but you might perhaps mix in the Sennheiser IE800. I hear it's all right. I've been coveting a pair for a week or so now, but it won't happen for at least a year.
I'm not sure how it holds up, but in the IE800 thread it's been compared to some other universals, and it seems to work for some people better than others, like all really expensive IEMs.
- I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LEAR LUF-4F In-Ear Headphone 9 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 1 minute ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › "Best" USB DAC/Amp for $300 or less 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2