Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K3003tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productAurisonics AS-2tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productFinal Audio Design FI-BA-SStagged by System, 12/13/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review Last post on 6/28/13 at 3:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get one over the other??? (High end IEM - fit ear/ westone) Last post on 3/28/13 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth - Page 3post #31 of 4012/26/12 at 11:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4012/26/12 at 5:19pmpost #33 of 4012/26/12 at 5:49pmQuote:
I tried the 334s with various amps (not direct out of my iPhone) and thought it a bit v-shaped in sound actually, so more like IEM versions of the TH900 than the 009s. IEM 009s are called the SR-002s.post #34 of 401/13/13 at 7:44am
To the OP:
if you're sensitive to highs and think W4 are bright do not consider k3003 or FIBASS on your list. However, if you're not afraid and really know your way around eq-ing you can make them sound beautiful.post #35 of 401/18/13 at 1:00amI try fitear 334 vs final audio design forte X and i prefer FAD x over fitear.
With proper source and balance amp FAD X give me same sound signature of SR009. (With little smaller sound stage)post #36 of 401/18/13 at 5:44amQuote:
I never try fad x but i tried stax009 with good source, i tried fad viii with good source also
The soundsig are quite different
I wonder what fad forte x sounds likepost #37 of 401/18/13 at 10:29ampost #38 of 401/18/13 at 12:56pmThread Starter
Since beginning this thread, I've picked up the Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX and the FI-BA-SS. And they are both phenomenal at what they do. A yin and yang of sorts. Neither one is a great all-rounder like the 334 probably is, but the things that each of these earphones do, they do astonishingly well.post #39 of 401/22/13 at 8:33ampost #40 of 401/22/13 at 8:42am
This may be a little contentious, and I've never heard them (I wish I had the chance to), but you might perhaps mix in the Sennheiser IE800. I hear it's all right. I've been coveting a pair for a week or so now, but it won't happen for at least a year.
I'm not sure how it holds up, but in the IE800 thread it's been compared to some other universals, and it seems to work for some people better than others, like all really expensive IEMs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 18 year old with questions regarding purchasing quality headphones 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HA-200: High performance, Single Ended, Class-A Headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 6 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2