Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K3003tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productAurisonics AS-2tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productFinal Audio Design FI-BA-SStagged by System, 12/13/12
- productFitEar TO GO! 334tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productTralucent Audio 1Plus2tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Unique Melody Miracle 6-BA CIEM Review Last post on 6/28/13 at 3:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get one over the other??? (High end IEM - fit ear/ westone) Last post on 3/28/13 at 4:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggested upgrade from PFE 232 Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:06am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Help a heartbroken man in toronto decide for his first CIEM Last post on 4/23/13 at 11:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth - Page 3post #31 of 4012/26/12 at 11:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 4012/26/12 at 5:19pmpost #33 of 4012/26/12 at 5:49pmQuote:
I tried the 334s with various amps (not direct out of my iPhone) and thought it a bit v-shaped in sound actually, so more like IEM versions of the TH900 than the 009s. IEM 009s are called the SR-002s.post #34 of 401/13/13 at 7:44am
To the OP:
if you're sensitive to highs and think W4 are bright do not consider k3003 or FIBASS on your list. However, if you're not afraid and really know your way around eq-ing you can make them sound beautiful.post #35 of 401/18/13 at 1:00amI try fitear 334 vs final audio design forte X and i prefer FAD x over fitear.
With proper source and balance amp FAD X give me same sound signature of SR009. (With little smaller sound stage)post #36 of 401/18/13 at 5:44amQuote:
I never try fad x but i tried stax009 with good source, i tried fad viii with good source also
The soundsig are quite different
I wonder what fad forte x sounds likepost #37 of 401/18/13 at 10:29ampost #38 of 401/18/13 at 12:56pmThread Starter
Since beginning this thread, I've picked up the Final Audio Design Piano Forte IX and the FI-BA-SS. And they are both phenomenal at what they do. A yin and yang of sorts. Neither one is a great all-rounder like the 334 probably is, but the things that each of these earphones do, they do astonishingly well.post #39 of 401/22/13 at 8:33ampost #40 of 401/22/13 at 8:42am
This may be a little contentious, and I've never heard them (I wish I had the chance to), but you might perhaps mix in the Sennheiser IE800. I hear it's all right. I've been coveting a pair for a week or so now, but it won't happen for at least a year.
I'm not sure how it holds up, but in the IE800 thread it's been compared to some other universals, and it seems to work for some people better than others, like all really expensive IEMs.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I WANT... the Best universal on planet Earth
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 3 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2