Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best alternative to DT 770 Pro 80's under $200
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best alternative to DT 770 Pro 80's under $200 - Page 2

post #16 of 23
Thread Starter 

Also I would like to note that I like to hear bass I just don't wanna feel it punching me.

post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundisee View Post

Also I would like to note that I like to hear bass I just don't wanna feel it punching me.

Have you considered the custom one pro?
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/custom-one-pro.html

16 ohm drivers, 3 eq settings (so you can adjust the sound to your taste), they are closed so they wont leak as much as an open can.

Theres also the Beyer DT 770 32 ohm which is easier than your 80 ohm to drive, and has a bit less bass too. (And has a few more desirable attributes with regards to phase and distortion when compared to the custom ones).
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-770-pro-le-32-ohm.html

I would say that is it for your beyer options.
Have you considered the ATH-M50? Has a bit of a bass boost but not to the extreme as the DT770/80s do.
post #18 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docks View Post


Have you considered the custom one pro?
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/custom-one-pro.html
16 ohm drivers, 3 eq settings (so you can adjust the sound to your taste), they are closed so they wont leak as much as an open can.
Theres also the Beyer DT 770 32 ohm which is easier than your 80 ohm to drive, and has a bit less bass too. (And has a few more desirable attributes with regards to phase and distortion when compared to the custom ones).
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-770-pro-le-32-ohm.html
I would say that is it for your beyer options.
Have you considered the ATH-M50? Has a bit of a bass boost but not to the extreme as the DT770/80s do.

I was looking at the custom one pro but I read somewhere on here that it's basically a downgrade from the 770, correct me if this is wrong.

 

I was originally going to get the M50 since it seems to be the most popular pick but lots of people on this forum tend to disagree. I have never listened to them though so I can't say much.

post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundisee View Post

I was looking at the custom one pro but I read somewhere on here that it's basically a downgrade from the 770, correct me if this is wrong.

I was originally going to get the M50 since it seems to be the most popular pick but lots of people on this forum tend to disagree. I have never listened to them though so I can't say much.

Well I would also consider the custom one a downgrade as it isnt quite appealing on paper, but they are low impedance and can have less bass than the 770/80s.

I would consider the 770s superior to the M50s (my opinion) but you would really have to compare them. The 32 ohm version of the 770s may satisfy you?
post #20 of 23
I have the dt770 80ohm and just tried the custom one pros and they are not up to the dt770.
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete View Post

I have the dt770 80ohm and just tried the custom one pros and they are not up to the dt770.

Yeah I had assumed that too, the 32 ohm 770s will offer a bit less bass. Maybe this would help?
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundisee View Post

What would the best alternative be to the DT 770 Pro 80's with the same comfort and slightly less bass under $200?

 

Heya,

 

The DT770 Premium's would be what you're looking for. They're discontinued, but they pop up now and then.

 

Or, just change the pads on your DT770's. The T70 pads isolate even more, are very comfortable, and actually drop bass a little I find. Something about the material. You can also try DT990 pads or DT880 pads instead of DT770 pads. You can change so much about the DT770 PRO to drop bass by just changing pads and clamping pressure.


Otherwise, headphones to look at:

 

AKG K167

Audiotechnica A700X

AKG K271 MKII

 

Very best,

post #23 of 23
Thread Starter 

How would Sony MDR-V6's with Beyer pads sound? Worth it?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best alternative to DT 770 Pro 80's under $200