Hey guys, I had previously owned a pair of Sennheiser HD558's that I had been using for gaming and music, and while they were great for gaming, they didn't provide the bass I wanted for my music. The music I listen to consists mostly of Rock, R&B, and some Rap. I am by no means a Basshead, but i don't want a pair of bass light Headphones like the Hd558's or Ad700's. So far I have been reccomended a pair of Ultrasone HFI-780's, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's, and Audio Technica A700's. These would be used with my Asus Xonar DG sound card. All suggestions are appriciated, Thanks.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for electronic music / glasses wearer Last post on 4/14/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming/Movie Headphones Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice for new headphones Last post on 7/5/12 at 10:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Me Some Headphones Please Last post on 9/14/11 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
Need suggestions on closed headphones for Gaming/Music around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the dt770s and the ultrasone hfi-780s. The beyers are wicked comfortable and the bass is really nice unless you crank the volume, then i notice some distortion. The ultrasones sound great, good all-rounders. I would probably go with them over the beyers unless you want to wear them all day and all night.
- Need suggestions on closed headphones for Gaming/Music around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 8 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 9 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 57 seconds ago
- › CUSTOM FITTING OF UNIVERSAL IEMS 58 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic T51p Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 8 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2