Hey guys, I had previously owned a pair of Sennheiser HD558's that I had been using for gaming and music, and while they were great for gaming, they didn't provide the bass I wanted for my music. The music I listen to consists mostly of Rock, R&B, and some Rap. I am by no means a Basshead, but i don't want a pair of bass light Headphones like the Hd558's or Ad700's. So far I have been reccomended a pair of Ultrasone HFI-780's, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's, and Audio Technica A700's. These would be used with my Asus Xonar DG sound card. All suggestions are appriciated, Thanks.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for electronic music / glasses wearer Last post on 4/14/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming/Movie Headphones Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice for new headphones Last post on 7/5/12 at 10:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Me Some Headphones Please Last post on 9/14/11 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Need suggestions on closed headphones for Gaming/Music around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the dt770s and the ultrasone hfi-780s. The beyers are wicked comfortable and the bass is really nice unless you crank the volume, then i notice some distortion. The ultrasones sound great, good all-rounders. I would probably go with them over the beyers unless you want to wear them all day and all night.
- Need suggestions on closed headphones for Gaming/Music around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 25 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Focal spirit one - LNIB 5 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 7 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T51p vs V-Moda XS same price - which to go with... 9 minutes ago
- › What is the special sauce behind the Chord Hugo? 9 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 10 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)