Hey guys, I had previously owned a pair of Sennheiser HD558's that I had been using for gaming and music, and while they were great for gaming, they didn't provide the bass I wanted for my music. The music I listen to consists mostly of Rock, R&B, and some Rap. I am by no means a Basshead, but i don't want a pair of bass light Headphones like the Hd558's or Ad700's. So far I have been reccomended a pair of Ultrasone HFI-780's, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80's, and Audio Technica A700's. These would be used with my Asus Xonar DG sound card. All suggestions are appriciated, Thanks.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for electronic music / glasses wearer Last post on 4/14/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming/Movie Headphones Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good Headphones under $300 Total Price Last post on 8/8/12 at 1:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for advice for new headphones Last post on 7/5/12 at 10:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Me Some Headphones Please Last post on 9/14/11 at 11:36am in Headphones (full-size)
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Need suggestions on closed headphones for Gaming/Music around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have the dt770s and the ultrasone hfi-780s. The beyers are wicked comfortable and the bass is really nice unless you crank the volume, then i notice some distortion. The ultrasones sound great, good all-rounders. I would probably go with them over the beyers unless you want to wear them all day and all night.
- Need suggestions on closed headphones for Gaming/Music around $150
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 seconds ago
- › Destiny 1 minute ago
- › Need an AMP/DAC recommendation for HD600's ~ under $200 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyer-Dynamic DT770 250ohm (Removable cable mod+ Home made braided... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 3 minutes ago
- › Need help deciding on the next headphone/amp to add to my collection 3 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)