- 2 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKicker 09HP541 DJ Style Over-the-Ear Stereo Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 419 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12More
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for $60 Help Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones? Last post on 1/30/13 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP! Last post on 7/25/12 at 2:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need "upgrade" to my Sennheisers Last post on 8/14/13 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Overview The Alien is a well-priced (~$250 AUD), compact, screenless player that plays only WAV and FLAC files – no MP3, no AAC, just the two major lossless options. For some people that will...
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
Help! Headphones for my Son
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How about the Sennheiser HD439? Reading the reviews on Amazon, people really seem to like them a lot.
They retail new for $100, but they are available on Amazon refurbished (like new) for under $39.
I personally have never had any trouble with refurbished . .a lot of the time it is brand new stuff that they are trying to close out.
Edited by mitchflorida - 12/10/12 at 12:56pm
Well you get what you pay for. Refurbished still has a two year warranty.
HD419 are in your price range and are brand new $50.
Edited by mitchflorida - 12/10/12 at 2:58pm
I may get some flack for this, but if you don't mind increasing your budget a bit, the audio-technica m50's might work nicely. They can be found for around 100$, but they have lots of bass that will probably appeal to a 13 year old, and IMO they look cool as well. Not to mention I enjoy their sound. I'm not sure you'll find too many circumaural headphones that sound decent for under 50$. There are certainly options other than the m50's, but that's all I really have experience with in that price range.
edit- didn't see that supraaural would be ok as well, that may fit your price range a bit better. I've heard good things about the portapros
Edited by gregr507 - 12/10/12 at 3:00pm
I got my brother some HD419's and I personally think they sound pretty good, especially for the price. I have HD558's and they use the same cushioning as the 419's. Here's the amazon link for em new.
Maybe the Philips Uptowns? I think some people have been able to find them for ~$50-60, which is a great price for them.
The Koss DJ100 is also well-regarded here.
Edited by HeroicPenguin - 12/10/12 at 7:44pm
- Help! Headphones for my Son
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T90 (Canada) 16 seconds ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 30 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones 48 seconds ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)