- 2 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKicker 09HP541 DJ Style Over-the-Ear Stereo Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 419 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12More
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for $60 Help Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones? Last post on 1/30/13 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP! Last post on 7/25/12 at 2:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need "upgrade" to my Sennheisers Last post on 8/14/13 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Help! Headphones for my Son
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How about the Sennheiser HD439? Reading the reviews on Amazon, people really seem to like them a lot.
They retail new for $100, but they are available on Amazon refurbished (like new) for under $39.
I personally have never had any trouble with refurbished . .a lot of the time it is brand new stuff that they are trying to close out.
Edited by mitchflorida - 12/10/12 at 12:56pm
Well you get what you pay for. Refurbished still has a two year warranty.
HD419 are in your price range and are brand new $50.
Edited by mitchflorida - 12/10/12 at 2:58pm
I may get some flack for this, but if you don't mind increasing your budget a bit, the audio-technica m50's might work nicely. They can be found for around 100$, but they have lots of bass that will probably appeal to a 13 year old, and IMO they look cool as well. Not to mention I enjoy their sound. I'm not sure you'll find too many circumaural headphones that sound decent for under 50$. There are certainly options other than the m50's, but that's all I really have experience with in that price range.
edit- didn't see that supraaural would be ok as well, that may fit your price range a bit better. I've heard good things about the portapros
Edited by gregr507 - 12/10/12 at 3:00pm
I got my brother some HD419's and I personally think they sound pretty good, especially for the price. I have HD558's and they use the same cushioning as the 419's. Here's the amazon link for em new.
Maybe the Philips Uptowns? I think some people have been able to find them for ~$50-60, which is a great price for them.
The Koss DJ100 is also well-regarded here.
Edited by HeroicPenguin - 12/10/12 at 7:44pm
- Help! Headphones for my Son
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 25 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 27 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2