- 2 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAkg K518Leblu K 518 Le Limited Edition Headphones (Blue)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAKG K99 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productJVC HAS400W Carbon Nanotube On-Ear Headband Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKicker 09HP541 DJ Style Over-the-Ear Stereo Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 419 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12More
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSuperlux HD-668 Btagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones for $60 Help Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones? Last post on 1/30/13 at 12:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Incipio f38, Superlux HD681 (or 668), or Razer Orca's? HELP! Last post on 7/25/12 at 2:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need "upgrade" to my Sennheisers Last post on 8/14/13 at 8:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Help! Headphones for my Son
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How about the Sennheiser HD439? Reading the reviews on Amazon, people really seem to like them a lot.
They retail new for $100, but they are available on Amazon refurbished (like new) for under $39.
I personally have never had any trouble with refurbished . .a lot of the time it is brand new stuff that they are trying to close out.
Edited by mitchflorida - 12/10/12 at 12:56pm
Well you get what you pay for. Refurbished still has a two year warranty.
HD419 are in your price range and are brand new $50.
Edited by mitchflorida - 12/10/12 at 2:58pm
I may get some flack for this, but if you don't mind increasing your budget a bit, the audio-technica m50's might work nicely. They can be found for around 100$, but they have lots of bass that will probably appeal to a 13 year old, and IMO they look cool as well. Not to mention I enjoy their sound. I'm not sure you'll find too many circumaural headphones that sound decent for under 50$. There are certainly options other than the m50's, but that's all I really have experience with in that price range.
edit- didn't see that supraaural would be ok as well, that may fit your price range a bit better. I've heard good things about the portapros
Edited by gregr507 - 12/10/12 at 3:00pm
I got my brother some HD419's and I personally think they sound pretty good, especially for the price. I have HD558's and they use the same cushioning as the 419's. Here's the amazon link for em new.
Maybe the Philips Uptowns? I think some people have been able to find them for ~$50-60, which is a great price for them.
The Koss DJ100 is also well-regarded here.
Edited by HeroicPenguin - 12/10/12 at 7:44pm
- Help! Headphones for my Son
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Desktop amp suggestions 53 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › A Weird Thread...! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD565 repair disaster 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2