- 43 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for headphone suggestions, budget and use within Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 2/26/13 at 2:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Favorite Over Ear Headphones For Library Setting Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It works very well unamped as it has low impedance and relatively higher sensitivity than other cans. Also, the drivers are apparently "lighter".
It works very well with electronic music, even though I'm not a huge fan myself. It has 4 selective bass response so you can choose if you want a lot or less. Mine is usually at the 3rd position (2nd strongest) as I find the 4th position's bass to be a bit muddy. It's a very fun sounding can that definitely gives another alternative to the already very popular market of closed cans.
No, they have small adjustable vents that affect the bass quantity. The principle is different - you can't really go from open, closed, semi-open. The adjustable feature doesn't affect isolation in any way.
They are very, very comfortable. Like pleather clouds. This could also be a bad thing since the pads aren't stiff enough IMO. It's one of my weird ticks; when pads make that irritating deflating sound. It might not bother you at all though.
I have never heard the Custom Ones as they are rather new, but I have owned both the M50's and the HFI-780s. I much prefer the HFI-780s even though the M-50's are good phones. The 780s to me were cleaner sounding with better bass. The Ultrasone sound can be a love it or hate it kind of thing, but I would say that the 780s are no doubt a great value. If I were you, I would buy whatever you get from Amazon or some other place where you could easily return them and try new ones. The custom ones sound neat for sure, so if they don't work out I vote you give the 780 a shot.
I don't recall feeling that they were particularly uncomfortable, but it wasn't amazing. I guess I didn't think about it, which is a good thing. I hate when headphones slip off of my head, and I remember that I liked the fact that the 780s stayed on well--they were definitely acceptable for portable use. By contrast, the m-50s were looser fitting.
I have a doubt that they wont fit, and wondering if these will fit it
maybe those will work thanks
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Desktop Amp/DAC (+ Bass Boost) for PSB M4U1? 12 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 13 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Surprise TDK MT-300: $4.97 of AWESOME... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: in the hi-fidelity, first... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe