- 68 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphone suggestions, budget and use within Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphone under $200? Last post on 6/1/13 at 7:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It works very well unamped as it has low impedance and relatively higher sensitivity than other cans. Also, the drivers are apparently "lighter".
It works very well with electronic music, even though I'm not a huge fan myself. It has 4 selective bass response so you can choose if you want a lot or less. Mine is usually at the 3rd position (2nd strongest) as I find the 4th position's bass to be a bit muddy. It's a very fun sounding can that definitely gives another alternative to the already very popular market of closed cans.
No, they have small adjustable vents that affect the bass quantity. The principle is different - you can't really go from open, closed, semi-open. The adjustable feature doesn't affect isolation in any way.
They are very, very comfortable. Like pleather clouds. This could also be a bad thing since the pads aren't stiff enough IMO. It's one of my weird ticks; when pads make that irritating deflating sound. It might not bother you at all though.
I have never heard the Custom Ones as they are rather new, but I have owned both the M50's and the HFI-780s. I much prefer the HFI-780s even though the M-50's are good phones. The 780s to me were cleaner sounding with better bass. The Ultrasone sound can be a love it or hate it kind of thing, but I would say that the 780s are no doubt a great value. If I were you, I would buy whatever you get from Amazon or some other place where you could easily return them and try new ones. The custom ones sound neat for sure, so if they don't work out I vote you give the 780 a shot.
I don't recall feeling that they were particularly uncomfortable, but it wasn't amazing. I guess I didn't think about it, which is a good thing. I hate when headphones slip off of my head, and I remember that I liked the fact that the 780s stayed on well--they were definitely acceptable for portable use. By contrast, the m-50s were looser fitting.
I have a doubt that they wont fit, and wondering if these will fit it
maybe those will work thanks
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 15 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING! 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Need a solution for small apartment, computer-based sound system 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)