- 81 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Pro Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphone suggestions, budget and use within Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It works very well unamped as it has low impedance and relatively higher sensitivity than other cans. Also, the drivers are apparently "lighter".
It works very well with electronic music, even though I'm not a huge fan myself. It has 4 selective bass response so you can choose if you want a lot or less. Mine is usually at the 3rd position (2nd strongest) as I find the 4th position's bass to be a bit muddy. It's a very fun sounding can that definitely gives another alternative to the already very popular market of closed cans.
No, they have small adjustable vents that affect the bass quantity. The principle is different - you can't really go from open, closed, semi-open. The adjustable feature doesn't affect isolation in any way.
They are very, very comfortable. Like pleather clouds. This could also be a bad thing since the pads aren't stiff enough IMO. It's one of my weird ticks; when pads make that irritating deflating sound. It might not bother you at all though.
I have never heard the Custom Ones as they are rather new, but I have owned both the M50's and the HFI-780s. I much prefer the HFI-780s even though the M-50's are good phones. The 780s to me were cleaner sounding with better bass. The Ultrasone sound can be a love it or hate it kind of thing, but I would say that the 780s are no doubt a great value. If I were you, I would buy whatever you get from Amazon or some other place where you could easily return them and try new ones. The custom ones sound neat for sure, so if they don't work out I vote you give the 780 a shot.
I don't recall feeling that they were particularly uncomfortable, but it wasn't amazing. I guess I didn't think about it, which is a good thing. I hate when headphones slip off of my head, and I remember that I liked the fact that the 780s stayed on well--they were definitely acceptable for portable use. By contrast, the m-50s were looser fitting.
I have a doubt that they wont fit, and wondering if these will fit it
maybe those will work thanks
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 9 seconds ago
- › **MattTCG cable drawer clearance** 38 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2