- 84 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic Custom One Protagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for headphone suggestions, budget and use within Last post on 12/28/12 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- UGH...Back to square one. Recently Bought m50s and Grados Last post on 12/19/12 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your advice on a new headphone Last post on 3/21/13 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It works very well unamped as it has low impedance and relatively higher sensitivity than other cans. Also, the drivers are apparently "lighter".
It works very well with electronic music, even though I'm not a huge fan myself. It has 4 selective bass response so you can choose if you want a lot or less. Mine is usually at the 3rd position (2nd strongest) as I find the 4th position's bass to be a bit muddy. It's a very fun sounding can that definitely gives another alternative to the already very popular market of closed cans.
No, they have small adjustable vents that affect the bass quantity. The principle is different - you can't really go from open, closed, semi-open. The adjustable feature doesn't affect isolation in any way.
They are very, very comfortable. Like pleather clouds. This could also be a bad thing since the pads aren't stiff enough IMO. It's one of my weird ticks; when pads make that irritating deflating sound. It might not bother you at all though.
I have never heard the Custom Ones as they are rather new, but I have owned both the M50's and the HFI-780s. I much prefer the HFI-780s even though the M-50's are good phones. The 780s to me were cleaner sounding with better bass. The Ultrasone sound can be a love it or hate it kind of thing, but I would say that the 780s are no doubt a great value. If I were you, I would buy whatever you get from Amazon or some other place where you could easily return them and try new ones. The custom ones sound neat for sure, so if they don't work out I vote you give the 780 a shot.
I don't recall feeling that they were particularly uncomfortable, but it wasn't amazing. I guess I didn't think about it, which is a good thing. I hate when headphones slip off of my head, and I remember that I liked the fact that the 780s stayed on well--they were definitely acceptable for portable use. By contrast, the m-50s were looser fitting.
I have a doubt that they wont fit, and wondering if these will fit it
maybe those will work thanks
- Audio Technica M50's or Ultrasone HFI 780? or any other suggestions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 41 seconds ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cable Burn In with regard to Audio Directionality. 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 7 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)