- 20 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productMEElectronics HT-21 Travel Lightweight Headphone with Swivel Cups, Adjustable Foldable Headband (Black)tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/13/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Good headphones for under $300? Last post on 10/21/12 at 1:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can someone please recommend a newbie audiophile some cans? Last post on 6/27/12 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda m80 vs Sennheiser HD25- 1 II ? For rock and rap Last post on 2/21/14 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 II vs. V-Moda M-80 Last post on 2/18/14 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phiaton Fusion.. New competition for the M80/HD-25 1 II/DT1350? Last post on 12/31/13 at 4:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Ready for a repeat? Good, because the "short list" of Pros/Cons is too short. I wanted to provide a bit more in that regard. So here's a longer Pro/Con list that should sum it up better as there's...
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Friend wants to buy beats solo, want alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
He's probably one of those people who think "It's expensive so it must be great", and the inverse of that statement.
But that's what I think of every Beats owner so whatever.
Anyways, on-topic: If he want's a good fart cannon (emphasized midbass) he should get the M-80. If he wants a good all-around neutral headphone that also has absolutely amazing bass, he should get a Beyer DT1350.
thats everyone in my school *facepalm*
How about Audio Technica's Solid Bass line (WS55, 77, and 99)? I can't personally vouch for the sound of any of them, but a few members have been raving over the new and top of the line (price-wise) WS99 over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/650449/the-new-ws99-at-fan-thread.
To my eyes, they all look good as well. They're sleek-looking without fishing for attention the way most celebrity-endorsed headphones do.
oh yeah!!! and if your friend says they dont have enough bass than tape mod. and remember burn in, they dont sound to hot before it.
- Friend wants to buy beats solo, want alternatives
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo DV-981HD DVD/CD SACD DivX etc player 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Volume problem with Sennheiser PC360 headset, any help is greatly... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 11 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 11 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by MalVeauX
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)