Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D600 VS Senn HD 600/650 VS ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D600 VS Senn HD 600/650 VS ? - Page 2

post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 
I was reading that both the d600 and he400 are easy to push. Maybe the denon a bit more, but won't make a difference when paired with a fiio.

I am now leaning towars the he400 becUse there a bit cheaper however I do prefer the looks of the denon more.

There seems to be no definitive answer...sadly
post #17 of 32
Thread Starter 

any more thoughts?

post #18 of 32

Just adding a thing others have not mentioned here (or I just missed it).

 

Are you using it for portable purposes? If so then the Denons are preferable since they are light and doesn't need an amp to drive.

If not, hands down the HE-400. If you have an amp able to drive them that would be better (which to me, amp is not a total necessity).

 

I own the HE-400 and they are in the category of heavy headphones. If you decide to buy HE-400, they have a return policy in case you are not satisfied with cans.

 

The D600 I can't say much since I don't have them so I am only giving suggestions on portability but I heard they are overpriced and falls short to their previous generations.

post #19 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by payj View Post

I was reading that both the d600 and he400 are easy to push. Maybe the denon a bit more, but won't make a difference when paired with a fiio.
I am now leaning towars the he400 becUse there a bit cheaper however I do prefer the looks of the denon more.
There seems to be no definitive answer...sadly

 

Heya,

 

Don't waste your money on the D400 or D600 unless you audition them and simply like them. You're better off with a Mr Speaker Mad Dog or an Ultrasone HFI 580 frankly for what you're looking for. The HE400 is fantastic. But end of the day, it looks like the Mad Dog is going to fit the bill. It does everything you're looking for, and does it for less. Google it up. And I recommend finding some Stax Pads on ebay for later if you want to make it even better.

 

Very best,

post #20 of 32
Thread Starter 

I sent that gentleman a pm.

 

He said the following:

 

"Get the D600 if you want a closed headphone with more impactful sub-bass. Get the HE-400 if you want a more hi-fi sound, a better overall headphone, and a better sound stage. The D600 is designed as a portable. The HE-400 is a world class headphone for use at home, not portable. It will run fine from your Fiio E17."

 

So in terms of the possibility of wanting to travel with them, my music genre (again, rap, r&b, alternative, techno) the D600's may be better from his pov?

 

Unfortunatley I do not understand the "terms" used, so the answer from him was not too cut and dry (my fault due to the fact I do not get the terms) but I did list my music genre.

 

 

 

post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

 

Heya,

 

Don't waste your money on the D400 or D600 unless you audition them and simply like them. You're better off with a Mr Speaker Mad Dog or an Ultrasone HFI 580 frankly for what you're looking for. The HE400 is fantastic. But end of the day, it looks like the Mad Dog is going to fit the bill. It does everything you're looking for, and does it for less. Google it up. And I recommend finding some Stax Pads on ebay for later if you want to make it even better.

 

Very best,


I want to go through Amazon as I have $450 in free money with them. The Mad Dogs are not on there so there out. The 580's are out of stock (good price) so there out.....Shoot!

 

If I did go with the D600's I would get them for $320. Does that change you perception at all? If not please elaborate what I may or may not like about the HE-400's (in laymen terms) besides the portability when taking my needs into consideration.

 

Others can reply too.

post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 

Shoot, didnt realize this was in my old thread. Please revert to the one 600vs he 400. I will copy and past there.

post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by payj View Post

I sent that gentleman a pm.

 

He said the following:

 

"Get the D600 if you want a closed headphone with more impactful sub-bass. Get the HE-400 if you want a more hi-fi sound, a better overall headphone, and a better sound stage. The D600 is designed as a portable. The HE-400 is a world class headphone for use at home, not portable. It will run fine from your Fiio E17."

 

So in terms of the possibility of wanting to travel with them, my music genre (again, rap, r&b, alternative, techno) the D600's may be better from his pov?

 

Unfortunatley I do not understand the "terms" used, so the answer from him was not too cut and dry (my fault due to the fact I do not get the terms) but I did list my music genre.

 

PM's are PM's for a reason. Best to run it by him before you post his response in the forums.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by payj View Post

I want to go through Amazon as I have $450 in free money with them. The Mad Dogs are not on there so there out. The 580's are out of stock (good price) so there out.....Shoot!

 

If I did go with the D600's I would get them for $320. Does that change you perception at all? If not please elaborate what I may or may not like about the HE-400's (in laymen terms) besides the portability when taking my needs into consideration.

 

Others can reply too.

 

Nah, still a rip off at that price. There is still always an option of buying something cheaper like an M50 or something of the likes. Plus, there is always EQ at hand if you need to use it.

post #24 of 32

At 320 they're definitely worth it. You cannot judge it by sound only, but also the functionalities, accessories, packaging, etc. The cables that come with the D600 are of very high quality, very similar to the one on the D7000. Plus you get a carrying pouch and a nice storage box. Not any priorities but still worth considering. There are hordes of sheep out there that are buying the Beats Studio at 300 so at least you can't be doing worse than them by getting the D600 at 320. I know I'm sounding like a zealot here but some people give the new Denons way too much crap without even having listened to them, or not even trying to appreciate their sound signature and market direction.

 

If you want something similar in sound to the D600 but cheaper, I'd recommend the Beyer DT770/80 or Custom One. The new Sony 1R and Vmoda M-100 are promising as well. I'm trying to get my hands on the silver 1R and hopefully will be comparing it with the D600.  

post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 

Ok so on a whim (kind of tired of the research) I pulled the trigger on the M-100's. They got them in stock at amazon.

 

Thoughts?......I hope they turn out to be great :) I did research on them and it seems to be a good choice and a bit cheaper than even the used D600's. I pm'ed another guy who I read had both headsets (D600 and the M-100) and he said the M-100 were better overall, especially with my genres.

 

I also bought the Fiio E17.

 

Hope I like it...

 


Thanks for all the help guys.

post #26 of 32

Glad could help, if you don't like it there is probably a return policy.

 

V-Moda from what I heard is great for basshead so it should slip right in to your genre.

So enjoy your new headphones!

post #27 of 32

Enjoy your purchase :)

 

To answer the original question, I went from HD650s to D600s because I wanted more bass in my trance / rap. Even now, owning LCD2s, I still like the D600s as they make trance more fun.

post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

For bassheads, yeah, they're probably a "great headphone overall". But they are FAR from a "great headphone overall" when said as a general statement.

 

I just find they're a poor excuse for a high end headphone. Luxurious packaging, amazing cable, but awful sound. They sound very similar to Sony's $80 XB700, except the XB700 sounded a little better.

Take this opinion with a grain of salt. I've listened to the Denons and the XB1000s side by side, which are superior to the XB700s and the Denons are by far the better set of cans to my ears. Both had some of the best bass and sub-bass I've heard on headphones, but the Denons sounded much more transparent. It was night and day really. The mids of the Sonys sounded hollowed out and empty while the Denons sounded much more life like and realistic. To date the Denons are some of the best set of cans I've heard. The only bad thing I can say is the highs were a bit too sharp for my taste.

post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseliottt View Post

Take this opinion with a grain of salt. I've listened to the Denons and the XB1000s side by side, which are superior to the XB700s and the Denons are by far the better set of cans to my ears. Both had some of the best bass and sub-bass I've heard on headphones, but the Denons sounded much more transparent. It was night and day really. The mids of the Sonys sounded hollowed out and empty while the Denons sounded much more life like and realistic. To date the Denons are some of the best set of cans I've heard. The only bad thing I can say is the highs were a bit too sharp for my taste.

 

Take all bolded statements with a grain of salt as well...

 

-_-

post #30 of 32

Was implied. Just wanted to provide some contrasting anecdotes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D600 VS Senn HD 600/650 VS ?