I just received the m-80 3 days ago. They sound good, but they hurts my ear so much!. Especially the left one. In the bottom inside of my ear. I tried to twist it like from Innerfidelity and also gave it time to break in... I listened to it 3 hours each day already. Though they did improve a bit today, IT still hurts, should I wait for them to break in or should I just return them? Does any body have this problem, when after 30 minutes of use, the inner of your ear (not like inside where the canal are) it's like at the bottom but not outside bottom, where the headphone just squish your ears at that part.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 3/6/14 at 12:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Would the V Moda M80 be good for rock? (Indie, Alternative and etc) Last post on 3/2/14 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I trade my Audio Techinca M50 For V-Moda m80? Last post on 2/21/14 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V Moda m80 vs Sennheiser HD25- 1 II ? For rock and rap Last post on 2/21/14 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap? Last post on 2/19/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
Is it possible to increase comfort of the V-Moda M-80?post #1 of 812/8/12 at 10:59pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 812/9/12 at 12:19ampost #3 of 812/9/12 at 12:26amAlthough the pads are causing discomfort the problem is most likely caused by the headband still being tight (new) . Maybe try stretching the headphones over a few books at night, let the headband break in,
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/9/12 at 12:29ampost #4 of 812/9/12 at 5:21pmpost #5 of 812/10/12 at 4:31pmThread Starter
Did you also just got these headphones recently? I have changed my mind completely after to day. Wow, they are so comfortable now, I'm currently listening to them for 30 minutes and my ears have not been pain at all so far. These headphones really benefit from breaking in! I think after 24 hours of breaking in (so about 4-5 days since you cant listen to them all day), they will really get comfortable. Too bad they caused so much pain at the beginning. IT is all good now though.post #6 of 812/11/12 at 12:11ampost #7 of 812/14/12 at 5:19pmpost #8 of 812/18/12 at 2:47pmThread Starter
have you try to adjust the headband? I have a pretty small head and I only pull out one notch. After 2 weeks of use, it is literally like a pilloy for me now. I think these headphones require lots of burning in and it feels good if you actually endure the pain a little. If you try it on for 1 hour a day for 2 weeks and its not good, then its probably not for you. I don't think theres any earpad alternative, but I dont know you may be able to check that online.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it possible to increase comfort of the V-Moda M-80?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 18 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 28 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 32 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 39 seconds ago
- › Looking for a mid - high end desktop amp that will play nicely with... 1 minute ago
- › Choices, choices... 1 minute ago
- › Review: Resonessence Labs Invicta - new high end DAC/amp/playback... 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!! 11 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 11 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude