I just received the m-80 3 days ago. They sound good, but they hurts my ear so much!. Especially the left one. In the bottom inside of my ear. I tried to twist it like from Innerfidelity and also gave it time to break in... I listened to it 3 hours each day already. Though they did improve a bit today, IT still hurts, should I wait for them to break in or should I just return them? Does any body have this problem, when after 30 minutes of use, the inner of your ear (not like inside where the canal are) it's like at the bottom but not outside bottom, where the headphone just squish your ears at that part.
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Quest for the next pair Last post on 4/9/14 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: How different do the V-MODA M-80 and XS sound? Last post on 4/6/14 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beats Mixr vs. V-moda M-80 Last post on 3/27/14 at 11:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-Moda M80 [Jack Issues] Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 3 portables compared: DT1350, Audio Technica ESW9 and V-Moda M80 Last post on 3/6/14 at 12:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Is it possible to increase comfort of the V-Moda M-80?post #1 of 812/8/12 at 10:59pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 812/9/12 at 12:19ampost #3 of 812/9/12 at 12:26amAlthough the pads are causing discomfort the problem is most likely caused by the headband still being tight (new) . Maybe try stretching the headphones over a few books at night, let the headband break in,
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/9/12 at 12:29ampost #4 of 812/9/12 at 5:21pmpost #5 of 812/10/12 at 4:31pmThread Starter
Did you also just got these headphones recently? I have changed my mind completely after to day. Wow, they are so comfortable now, I'm currently listening to them for 30 minutes and my ears have not been pain at all so far. These headphones really benefit from breaking in! I think after 24 hours of breaking in (so about 4-5 days since you cant listen to them all day), they will really get comfortable. Too bad they caused so much pain at the beginning. IT is all good now though.post #6 of 812/11/12 at 12:11ampost #7 of 812/14/12 at 5:19pmpost #8 of 812/18/12 at 2:47pmThread Starter
have you try to adjust the headband? I have a pretty small head and I only pull out one notch. After 2 weeks of use, it is literally like a pilloy for me now. I think these headphones require lots of burning in and it feels good if you actually endure the pain a little. If you try it on for 1 hour a day for 2 weeks and its not good, then its probably not for you. I don't think theres any earpad alternative, but I dont know you may be able to check that online.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it possible to increase comfort of the V-Moda M-80?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 5 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 6 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Can't change my password. 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 9 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob