Pick your answer. :)
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:54 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie here - LCD-2/3 question, balanced or single ended? Last post on 7/9/13 at 11:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Who has an end game setup? Last post on Today at 3:24 pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Does the Audeze headphones play well on relatively low volumes?
Poll Results: Does the Audeze headphones play well on relatively low volumes?Poll expired: Dec 24, 2012
14 Total Votespost #1 of 512/8/12 at 12:30pmThread Starter
28% (4)No. I need to crank up the volume to enjoy them!
21% (3)What kind of dumb question is that?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/8/12 at 6:01pm
I, in general, find that orthos need to be played a bit on the louder side (75-84dB isn) to properly energize and fill out the sound and details.post #3 of 512/8/12 at 6:09pmpost #4 of 512/9/12 at 9:57ampost #5 of 512/13/12 at 8:56am
I would say that that is one of their strengths, they still have great control at low level listening. Just done a little test cranking them up and I can't hear any better anything when they are louder than low to moderate. Only when the volume is at a very low level then bass seems to suffer slightly.
- Does the Audeze headphones play well on relatively low volumes?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best Schiit Amp for HD 650? 1 second ago
- › Marantz HD-DAC1 2 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 seconds ago
- › the Pimeta-V2 thread 30 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2